“Great menu, but service has slipped just a bit, need to tighten it up, guys..”
Review of Vining's Bistro

Vining's Bistro
Ranked #45 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great menu, but service has slipped just a bit, need to tighten it up, guys..”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have been a fan of this Chatham favorite for years. They have recently moved to a different site, slightly behind where they used to be, with indoor and outdoor seating. The new site is nice, and the menu remains excellent, but the service has slipped a bit. Both nights I dined here, I was early enough that I should have had great service. Instead, the service was disjointed and average. The first night we were served excellent bread with a lovely white bean and garlic dip. Service was timely and attentive. The second dinner, we were not offered any bread, and we felt rushed throughout our meal. Our server did not know a significant term on the special menu and even with questioning other servers, he remained puzzled. One of the dinners in our party had a special request, which we were assured would be carried out, and it wasn't. It was quickly corrected, but again, we were left to feel hurried and unreasonable. Again, the food was great, but the service needs to match. For this price, they need to do better!

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Great outdoor luncheon”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The food was superb. Service was slow for us but not for others.

Great outdoor lunch

The sandwiches and salads were great as we're the French fries

Culpeper, VA
“Average”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We arrived about 6:45 pm on a Wednesday. The patio was full but we were seated in the bar area at a high table for two. The location was OK. The waiter was a bit harried and complained that too many of his tables filled up at once. I am not sure why he was complaining to a customer about how people were seated. It took a while to take our order. It too a while for him to reappear for my significant other to get Sweet N Low for her lukewarm coffee. It too a while to get my beer. Finally, he took the order. I ordered the clams and linguine, my SO ordered the Tuscan chicken. Mine was excellent her chicken was dry. The chicken was not impressive. While we were finishing dinner, a young server attempted to give us food for another table - TWICE. Different meals. We told him we had eaten. We paid the check and left. Nothing special about the place service or food wise.

“Change for the better!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We always enjoyed the food at Vinings upstairs.. not so much the atmosphere which seemed to keep going downhill.. BUT this new Vinings Bistro is simply terrific. The atmosphere is upscale sophisticated and the food is even better than before. I had the paella which was excellent with shrimp, clams, and a chicken thigh.. but it could have used some chorizo and maybe a couple of scallops or lobster tail to make it a super dish. The salads were fresh; especially the Caesar with white anchovies.
There is nice outdoor seating under umbrellas.. and a nice assortment of shops around the bistro (don't miss the photo gallery, Focus, across the patio... the whale photos are astounding!).

• Visited July 2013
Chatham, Massachusetts
“A new location for a long standing restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The owner of the complex has completely remodeled this whole area. The Bistro used to be upstairs overlooking main street, and not everyone know where it was. The food was always excellent and service prompt. (Steve even gave us his recipe for the pickled cucumber salad that he paired with his Thai crab cakes, one of my favorites). The Bistro is now on floor level, just behind the old place, very visible and has outdoor seating. In addition is a larger inside and bar area, with a large piece of their original bar décor installed. Although, I missed seeing the chefs cooking on their open grill, the new interior is very nice. My favorite now is the crisp calamari appetizer with a heaping portion of a nice, tangy arugula salad. My husband loves all of their entrees!!! A must visit!

Visited July 2013