“Lives up to reviews”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had had burgers and ice cream at various times in the cafe but this was our first dinner. Service was perfect; dInner was wonderful. My appetizer was steak tartare...served with charred tomatoes, fried capers, good mustard and wonderfully crispy herbed toasts. My husband enjoyed his beautiful and delicious salad with gorgeous edible flowers and beets in several forms. Entrees were green market risotto with peas and fava beans and Gouda cheese and a steak. Both were excellent. My husband couldnt be talked into the truth or dare dessert that I really wanted so he had the chocolate extravaganza and I loved the herbs and flowers. My only complaint was a lack of commentary when the dishes were delivered. I would have love a little more explanation.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We ate here on the advice of our innkeeper...and we are so glad we did! Tucked away under the Orpheum theater, we enjoyed the most amazing meal we have had in almost 30 years. The taste pairings were unexpected and incredible. Portions were delicate, but the presentation was a work of art. I can't recall a meal where I savored each and every bite as I did at Vers. Reservations are necessary...and I can only imagine how difficult that will be in the height of summer! Thanks, Vers, for an incredible dining experience!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a wonderful dining experience! After reading the earlier reviews, my wife and I decided that we would splurge and have our anniversary dinner here. (Make a reservation as there is only seating for 20 people) We chose the 4 course tasting menu and could have easily gone for the 8 course menu; maybe next time. The food was exquisite and we truly enjoyed all the different flavor combinations. Check out the photos to see the selection and presentation. At the end of the meal we were presented with a special surprise dessert, a towering tube of chocolate with a candle in the middle and a Happy Anniversary message. A great way to top off a wonderful meal and evening. Thanks. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Great place. Amazing food and wonderful service and staff. Fine dinning with a bit of a New York twist to it. Great location. Chef Jon and chef Stephen pull out all the stops in creating this place

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I'm adding another eve review. I recently had both lunch and dinner at Vers and both were excellent. For lunch, my wife and I had a tomato soup and a wonderful tuna and egg sandwich on a baguette with a basil mayo. For dinner my wife had the steak tartare followed by a vegetable risotto flavored with Gouda. I had the pea soup followed by mushroom ravioli. We shared the chocolate desert. All of the food at dinner was presented as works of art. Beautiful to look at and wonderful to eat. The service was friendly, informative, and not intrusive. The setting is minimalist and casual. We live about 40 miles away but this will be a destination for us.

1  Thank Mikeb1Falmouth_MA