“Perfection”
Review of Vers - CLOSED

Vers
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston
“Perfection”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here on the last night of our vacation and I could not have asked for a more perfect meal. There aren't enough words - delicious, creative, balanced, artistic... Those would be a start. We ended up choosing the 8 course tasting menu and in 8 courses I could not find fault with a single bite. (And I happily admit I ate every bite.) The chef was skillfully able to create dishes that incorporated a variety of techniques and that were beautiful to look at but allowed flavor to remain the star of each plate. There was not a single garnish or element that was out of place or that did not make sense. Each dish was balanced in flavor and texture. While some of the dishes might be on the more adventuresome side for the general public, those who are less adventurous will still find plenty to choose from. And dessert can be a show on its own - save room for the "truth or dare" dessert if you order a la carte. We happily watched the "show" that was presented to our neighbors and I was a little bit jealous (until I got my own version and then some)!

The atmosphere is more on the casual side - I think that is a bonus. While I would not show up in sweats you also don't need to be in your Easter Sunday best. The restaurant is small so make reservations in advance. We were there in the off season (well, 3 hours ago - it is the end of April) and so it was no problem to make reservations same day but if I lived in the area, you all would be fighting me for a table every week. The service was perfect as well: attentive but not in your face.

I like food - all food. Some of the best food I've eaten have come from street carts and food trucks as well as some of the finest of the fine dining establishments. I will tell you that at least two or three of the dishes I ate this evening are some of the top dishes I have eaten, ever. And possibly my view is skewed because this vacation was overwhelmed with overly dressed lobster rolls and potato salads dished with an ice cream scoop, a la elementary school cafeteria style, but I don't think so... And if nothing else will convince you, I rarely take the time to write reviews! Simply put - eat here.

1 Thank Elizabeth77

Paris, France
“perfect from the beginning to the end”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Everything was simply perfect : service, food, creativity, presentation, atmosphere... Nothing else to say !

Avon, Connecticut
“An unique dining experience”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've never even cosidered taking a picture of a plate of food before; but, I really wish I'd taken a camera to Vers. I wanted to take my wife to a special place for her milestone birthday dinner and liked what I read on TA so I called and made a reservation. The staff were welcoming, friendly and informative. The cuisine was a level above anything we've had before. My wife had the evening's tasting menu selections. Since the advertized dessert contained chocolate, which she doesn't eat, they changed it with no problem. Each plate was a work of art containing a variety of tastes and textures which engaged your senses. They came together in your mouth to deliver wonderful deliciousness. The tasting menu had courses of Iberian ham, fresh Hake, lamb, and the substituted dessert involved a parsnip cakewith carrot accoutrements that was amazing. I enjoyed the Dutch pea soup, followed by capon and finally a cheese plate. The chef visited our table and answered our questions about the source and perparation of our food. He has a remarkable talent, as do the baker and patissiere who prepare the fresh bread and desserts. This is a small dining room, so make reservations. in addition to the tables, there is seating at the bar which quickly filled up.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went here for my sister bachelorette party. It was so nice in intimate (Definitely make reservations! It's very small). The food was excellent and the waiter was respectful and funny!
It may be a bit pricey, but SO worth it! Get the Truth or Dare dessert ;)

Not only was the food and service amazing but the head chef even came out and congratulated my sister!

Highly recommend this restaurant!

Wilmington, Vermont
“Lights, Action, Food!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This little sophisticated cafe has it all. Great service, creative plating, food that you'll remember. I love opportunity to have an appetizer before a film, and dinner afterward right "on location".

• Visited February 2014