“Don't judge a book.....”
Review of Vers - CLOSED

Vers
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Celebrated my husband's 40th birthday at Vers restaurant.
We popped in to confirm the booking during the day, and although not surprised it looked like a cafe/bistro (had read the reviews), we did consider booking up one of the restaurants on the main st.
SO glad we didn't, our evening surpassed all expectations and we both agreed it was the best meal and dining experience we have had!!
Our server/waitress was attentive and funny and really helped us to celebrate our special event.
We had the 4 course taster menu with wine pairing and it was delicious!! Good size portions too which left me feeling nicely full. The waitress explained all courses fully, my one (small) build is that I personally would have liked to have known why they had chosen the wine for each course, but they were all very enjoyable!!
Having read the fantastic reviews of the 'special dessert' (truth or dare) we asked if we could have this instead of the one that came with the taster menu; this wasn't a problem and again so glad we asked! I don't want this dessert to overshadow the other courses we had as they were sublime but with the 'truth or dare' the chef comes out and actually makes the dessert in front of you. It may sound cheesy but it really was a piece of art and simply gorgeous!!
Having dined in Michelin star restaurants in the UK this is up there with them. Very relaxed atmosphere which we much prefer to the more formal affairs!!
I would 100% recommend this restaurant, totally deserves its number one spot!!!

2  Thank A S
There are newer reviews for Vers

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Once again Chef Jonathan and his all star team has given me the best dining experience I have had on Cape Cod .I am also a notable local chef and should not be writing a gleaming review for another restaurant . With that being said if you don't go to Vers and experience what this amazing team is doing there you are just cheating yourself . Every detail was perfect our server had full knowledge of the whole menu and the wine pairings he made for us were spot on . The depths of flavor presentation and just straight passion that goes into the food there is amazing no detail is overlooked . Finishing the evening with the table side dessert which by the way was an amazing culinary display that everyone should experience was a great idea. Top to bottom the best dining experience I have ever had on Cape Cod

3  Thank fatnhappychef
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I very much agree with Mike D in his assessment of this quaint restaurant. They try to make it just too fancy. For example the salad did not have much greens but rather tiny amounts of different items like two sorbets and two almonds and a dash of this and that. The salad looked colorful and more like a painting than a dish for $10. I ordered the duck breast which was good except it again had a variety of this and that and was actually missing a sweet sauce like orange or cherry. It had no sauce at all but a large pastry with green bean liquid in it that was not sweet at all. For $34 it left me still hungry. The wife had clams over pasta for $20 which she said she enjoyed. I was waiting to try the dessert but we noticed a couple nearby and their plate had very small amounts of a variety of different items which barely took up 1/8th of their plate. The cheapest dessert was $10 so we decided to go down the street for ice cream instead.
This was an experience that reminded me of the time we went to a French restaurant 40!years ago and after finishing a whole meal including appetizer and dessert we went to a Friendly's for a second dinner since we were still do hungry. Maybe it is European to eat very little amounts of food. I now realize why the people at Vers offer a four course meal for $65. It would take four of their courses to fill an average American male.

2  Thank Rohrshack
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was wandering around waiting for my wife and discovered what appeared to be a small cafe at the back of a theatre. I made a booking for that night and we were amazed with the whole experience. We had seven weeks in USA and six weeks through Europe, Iceland and the UK and Vers stands proudly at the top. We did make a return visit before we left Cape Cod just to confirm our first impressions. Simply superb!

1  Thank Duncan W
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for dinner based on other reviews we read and WOW ... were we impressed!! My husband and I both selected the 4 course tasting menu and walked away thinking we just had the best meal of our life!! The staff was very friendly and we even had a chance to meet the chef. We saw another table get the special dessert where the pastry chef came out to tell a story with food. He layered the table with incredible goodies and we enjoyed being able to see and hear it. That will be on our list to get next time!! We sat at the bar and it worked out great. The place is super small so tables fill fast. We will definitely be back to visit and we wished we lived closer so we could go sooner!

3  Thank Travel_Girl_1028