“Ok but expensive ”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Chatham Bars Inn Resort - Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seaview Street and Shore Road
Description: New England dining meets premier restaurant at STARS, located in the Historic Chatham Bars Inn. Custom chandeliers, stately columns and magnificent picture windows overlooking the Atlantic Ocean’s Pleasant Bay create an ambiance that's both upscale and inviting. Nothing but the finest mid-western grain fed and dry aged beef is served with extraordinary local ingredients and produce from our own farm, Cape Cod’s finest local seafood and an extensive list of wines representing the world’s greatest wine making regions . Our signature tableside steak sizing, cut to your specifications along with house specialties such as the “BACON & EGGS” pork belly appetizer, 22 ounce Dry Aged Porter House and open Wine Cellar are a few distinctive dining highlights. Please observe our dress code, Resort Evening Attire. For the ladies, resort casual including jeans - no pool / beach attire and for the men, long pants including jeans, collared shirt and proper footwear - no shorts.
illinois
“Ok but expensive ”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

It's good, really good. But expensive and if they think you don't belong they don't talk to you or give you the same service as others. But they should be careful who the are waiting on, they never know who you really are!!!

Duxbury, Massachusetts
“The "Stars" dining is top notch”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We celebrated our anniversary with a dinner in Stars. Beautiful view of Chatham Harbor. They gave us a free bottle of champagne and the steaks were terrific. Lovely meal, great service; but not inexpensive.

Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing views, food was fine”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The tables in the outside restaurant were great. Amazing views. However, the food was nothing special.

Visited June 2014
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Hostess with the Leastess”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant should have had an excellent 5 star rating from me- the views would have been incredible (sadly foggy our night), the food was delicious and excellently prepared/presented, our wait staff was WONDERFUL and for the service and food priced very well. Sadly our hostess ruined my rating- I would recommend others to enjoy this exceptional restaurant in this beautiful resort but to go in with the knowledge that if the hostess is abrupt and rude to not let it taint your evening.

We were very much looking forward to our anniversary dinner 8:30 reservation at STARS, upon arrival we were bluntly told that our table wasn't ready and that it would be at least 10 mins wait time, the hostess then stated we could get a drink, while my husband tried to explain that we had just come from drinks the hostess came around from her podium saying she could show us where to get a drink. When my husband, very politely, reiterated that we had just had a drink, the hostess suggested we could wait in our room! (To say I was beyond annoyed at this would be an understatement). We waited in the lobby for 10 mins before approaching the hostess again inquiring if our table was ready- to which we were told, no and that she would get us when it was. We then pointed out the numerous tables that were empty and her response was that they were too big (tables for 4 instead of 2), at this point I left to talk to the concierge about alternative restaurants in the area as I was upset and didn't want to say anything to the hostess. My husband stayed and asked the girl again about the empty tables pointing out that some were indeed big enough for 4 and even set up with 2 settings. The concierge indicated that other restaurants in the area would be more casual and that getting a table this late might be an issue.

While I appreciate that sometimes table reservations can run over and that it can not be helped or avoided and am generally relaxed about such issues I can not accept the behavior of the hostess. No apology was offered, she was dismissive and cold, and didn't want to listen to us, (when we suggested we had already had drinks and wouldn't be interested in purchasing another). I also find it strange that they were holding on to so many empty tables of 4 for walk-ins at 8:45 in the evening-as we had now been waiting 15 mins, (at the beginning of the tourist season and with such bad weather that night it was very unlikely that any other people would venture out). If she had approached the situation in this manner we would have been fine: "I"m so sorry your table isn't quite ready yet, may I show you to the bar or to the lounge while you wait? Can I offer to show you the menu while you wait or would you like to hear tonight's specials?" and then, when the table still wasn't ready and we had pointed out empty seats, instead of saying, "they are too big for you"- she COULD have said, "Those tables are not nearly as intimate as the one we had selected for you/ view not as nice/etc... but if you don't mind sitting there then I'm sure we can arrange it".

When we were finally collected from the lobby, (the hostess sent someone else to get us), and we walked in she yelled from her podium through the restaurant, "Sorry!". That was beyond me as acceptable behavior in a nice restaurant. At that time of night we ended up staying - even though at that point I didn't want to and am so happy we did, as mentioned earlier it was wonderful. Shame about the hostess- perhaps some further training is needed.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Gemma H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch with a view”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I can highly recommend the beach house grill for a leisurely lunch. Fish tacos and calamari were both delicious - but watch out for the garlic/Tabasco dip that accompanies the squid, it's very hot and very garlicy!