“Solid Chatham Option”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Good food. Very friendly staff. Good for all, including kids. A touch slow, but it was a busy Saturday night. We've been there for lunch once too and it was less busy and the food came out a little slow then too, but very good overall.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Went to the Wild Goose Tavern on Tuesday evening with my wife and four adult children. I ordered the salmon and thought it was excellent. Two ordered the lobster roll and were very satisfied with the generous portions. Two ordered the swordfish and loved it. And one ordered the salmon salad and loved it. Our European accented waitress was very professional, pleasant and prompt with the service. My concern was when my daughter who had ordered the swordfish prepared on a bed of greens was finishing the greens portion and found a fly at the bottom of the plate. There were no flys in the dining room area. My daughter called it to the attention of our waitress who took the plate into the kitchen and returned very apologetic saying it had never happened before. She offered my daughter a complimentary desert for the trouble and inconvenience.

My complaint and reason for the average rating was that the manager never came over to our table to voice his apologies on behalf of the restaurant and the waitress charged me for my daughter's desert when five minutes before had said it would be complimentary. The overall dining experience was excellent but I stand on principle that this particular situation could have been handled more professionally and charging for the "complimentary" desert was disappointing at best.

1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went for lunch and ordered three items and two drinks:
Mussels
Fish tacos
Thai salad with grilled chicken

It took forever to get the food. The mussels were ok. The fish in the tacos were slightly warm, the fries were soggy and not freshly fried, they were likely frozen and fried earlier. We initially received a Thai flat bread instead of a Thai salad with grilled chicken. Once we got the salad it looked like the greens came out of a bag and the chicken was cold, tough and bland. Stop & Shop could put out a better salad with chicken for a tenth of the price. We barely ate anything and didn't have time to send the food back and complain because it took so long to receive our dishes in the first place. The bill was $62.00. The good news is that we have two weeks in Chatham and will spend our money in more deserving establishments.

Please don't waste your money at this place.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Went to The Wild Goose with family on a Saturday night. We were surprised that we for a table without a reservation at 6pm which was great. The small size salads were a good value as they were a decent size for the price. The new england clam chowder was very good, but not in the great category. Two of us had the Sea of Love special which featured scallops, lobster and shrimp with penned pasta. The sauce was good, once again, not great. The value though was not there as for $30 I would expect more seafood in the dish. Service was excellent with Rasvan!!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good food, great service from Fiona. Very enjoyable. No issues. We arrived around 5:30pm on a Tuesday - which probably avoided all of the crowding, slow kitchen issues noted by other reviewers. By the time we left about 6:15, the restaurant was packed full with a 45 minute wait.

After a long day of dutifully following my wife and daughters shopping in Chatham, I pulled a Dad executive decision and let them know that I could be found on the deck of the Wild Goose with a drink. No more 'man chairs' for me!

I must have gotten there just before the rush ... getting one of the last tables on the deck outside. A little too much sun - but with sunglasses in hand and a 75-degree day, it was no big deal. However, several groups were seated in that area (right by the door and wait station) could not take the late-day sun and asked to be moved inside.

Had the bannana-coconut rum drink. Very tasty. As the designated anchor-man for my peckish family, got to sample most of the entree's. Lobster mac' very rich - good, but enough for two. Scallops, salmon all good. Very happy. Big portions. So full, could not eat dessert. Will return.