“The Secret Garden”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Almost missed this gem. We were walking Main Street on the night we arrived in town, looking for dinner after a long day of driving. Saw the hostess stand on the sidewalk, and after a quick review of the menu, followed her down the path and around back of some Main St shops, to a pleasant outdoor cafe and bar.

My children were not interested in the kids menu, but our waiter happily split an adult entree for them (no shared plate charge). I had a risotto which was nicely prepared--risotto can be so easy to ruin. My husband raved about his sea bass and tomato compote.

The table next to us had the kids menu Mac & cheese, which did look yummy. Our waiter was kind enough to bring us a sample at our request. My daughter gave it a thumbs up and asked if we could go back again so she could order that.

The speciality drinks list was varied and there was a decent assortment of wines available by the glass. Perhaps a bit pricey, but probably in line with other local restaurants.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've dined at a few restaurants in Chatham now and have yet to top the cuisine at the Blue Coral, which is an outdoor restaurant and bar which, on the face of it, doesn't suggest fine dining. But two years ago we had a great meal, and just last week it happened again. My dining partner said it was the best cod he'd ever had, and my lobster ravioli was similarly delicious. The only downside was that we were quite near the bar, which was getting a bit rowdy.

2  Thank CBWritergirl
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Would not return. The positives: Great drinks and nice atmosphere. The negatives: overpriced even considering the norm in Chatham. The quality of the food was high, but the preparation was average at best.

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The Blue Coral felt like a restaurant that charges extra for location as opposed to food quality. The food was average and very expensive, ranging between $15-25 an entree...and seriously, it's not like you're paying for an ocean view. If you're looking for a good lunch spot on a summer day that costs less than $10, this is not the restaurant for you.

However, I must compliment the waitress staff. They were very attentive to our particular requests.

If I went back to The Blue Coral, it would probably just be for drinks at the outdoor bar and lounge.

1  Thank Nice_Crispy_Bacon
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were in Chatham for the parade on the 4th. Followed the crowd here after the parade and had drinks at the outside bar. Everyone was having fun -very friendly waitstaff and owner. Try the macaroni cheese with lobster -OMG it's delicious!! Recommend the chowder too! White Belgian Ale on tap is crowd pleaser;)