“Excellent Food, Friendly Service, Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Bistro on Main

Bistro on Main
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food, Friendly Service, Lovely Atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I walked into this place knowing nothing about it. We decided to eat outside on the patio. What a pleasant surprise this place is. Our dinner was terrific! The service was attentive and friendly, the food was wonderful -- really wonderful -- very fresh. It's clear that the kitchen takes pride in what they serve. It's not often you walk in off the street, absolutely starving, and find such a gem. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2014

Massachusetts
“Very good food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was a little confused as to the name of this restaurant...seems that there was another place listed on trip advisor as Vining's Bistro....Hope I'm reviewing the right place! It's tucked back from the main street which is a plus....less traffic and hubbub....there is dining outside, but we chose the comfort of the ac inside. It's not a huge restaurant...very nicely decorated. Our server was very prompt and attentive, but it wasn't that crowded on a Sunday night. Good wine selection, but I was hoping for a non-California chardonnay, but that seems hard to get. One person in my party had the hearts of romaine salad and it's large...could definitely share. My cioppino was excellent! Usually there's too much pasta in the dish, but this was loaded with mussels, little necks, shrimp, fish. Other dishes we tried and loved were the chicken with mashed pots, and green beans, and the sea bass. Desserts were $8 ea and large enough to share. Dinner for 4 with 3 drinks, 1 app and 2 desserts ran about $200 pre tip.

• Visited July 2014
boston
“Relaxing Atmosphere but Average Food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I ate outside in a very roomy patio area. Nice quiet location back from the hustle of main st.

Service was excellent but my Asian salad was bland and had no spark to it. The chicken tasted like it came out of a package vs being cooked on site.

Can't recommend it.

1 Thank jack_b1
Hants, UK
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I ate here with my partner on our first night in Chatham. We were eating early so no problem to get a table. The food was excellent. Very good smoked salmon starter which we both enjoyed. Good wine list and possible to have many by the glass. My partner had an excellent steak and I enjoyed a lovely chicken breast. Prompt and professional service. Well recommended

• Visited June 2014
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Great food, upscale atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Bistro on Main isn't a "new" restaurant here in Chatham, it is now located in a different building on the same property a year ago, for those who recall Vining's Bistro on the second floor and their excellent cuisine. We decided to go out for dinner and loved the atmosphere, the food was excellent. We had the double pork chop and the Portuguese cod. The chop was juicy, flavorful and huge, served with grilled polenta and crisp-tender vegetables. The cod was served caldera style in a sauce with peppers, tomatoes and onions - very flavorful. Prices are consistent with other Chatham restaurants. The Bistro offers Prix Fix dinners which include 3 courses, or one can substitute a glass of wine for one of the courses, for $30. A good value for great food. We were happy and took home leftovers; the portions are generous, Try the Bistro, whether you are on vacation in Chatham or a year round resident!

• Visited May 2014