“small family dining”

Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we wanted a quiet dinner, just the 3 of us, and since we'd been to Bistro in it's previous location were curious what else might have changed. Three of us had the cioppinno, which was delicious. although it wasn't as cozy as we'd have liked, the service was as excellent as the food.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife ordered clam chowder. I wasn't really very hungry but she had to have a seafood soup and it was raining. So I ordered a Reuben that came with a side salad, planning to give the salad to her. Her chowder arrived in about five minutes. A tiny little cup, no more than five or six ounces for nine dollars. Ten minutes later, no Reuben, Called waiter. He said "they make food in order it comes into the kitchen." To which I replied by pointing at my wife's now empty soup cup. Ten minutes later, still no Reuben. I asked another server to send the manager to my table. Ten minutes later, no Reuben and no manager. Finally our waiter came to the table to tell me my sandwich would be out shortly. This was just before I could tell him we were leaving and please give us a check for the soup. He then apologized and said, "very sorry, no charge for the soup." The place was busy although we had been seated immediately. Of course they can't provide such horrible service all the time. If they did, they wouldn't be in business. So if you decide to try the place, beware and if you order and don't have your food promptly, don't say you weren't warned. My wife said the soup was excellent, even though a tiny serving for nine dollars. The Reuben/salad combo was $13.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We found this gem as we were walking. The service was excellent. The food was great and it was so nice to sit on the outside patio. Very charming and top notch dinning!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I stopped in Chatham on our way out of the Cape for lunch. Our kids were hungry so we went to the first restaurant we saw which was the Bistro on Main. Really nice outside patio for lunch. We were there at 11:30 and by 1, it was full. But the patio is nice if you have kids because it's open and at the end of our meal, our boys walked up to the Penny Candy store to spend some money which gave us some time to finish up. Our waiter was great - very friendly. We ordered the chowder, mussels, torta, and a burger. All were really excellent. The mussels were light and the wine/garlic broth was tasty. The torta was unlike anything we've had, really great blend of flavors. The burger was amazing - juicy, tender...my son said it was the best burger he's had. All in all a nice surprise in Chatham!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Recommended by our hotel on arrival. Good food, fresh and uncomplicated. Wide variety and friendly service. Would certainly go back for more