“THE Place to Stay in Chatham!”

Chatham Guest Rooms
Ranked #6 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have been coming to my parents' home in (West) Chatham for over 40 years. Recently it has worked well for my children and me to stay in our own accommodations. This past Fall (2012) I came across the Chatham Guest Rooms online as I was researching a place for us to stay when we came to visit. Knowing Chatham well, I knew exactly where this was located and how close it was to my parents' home near Hardings Beach. I booked the Garden Room to accommodate my 20-year-old son, 10-year-old son, and me for a long weekend. It was perfect for us three with my older son upstairs in his own space with a nice large bed and my younger son and I sharing a very comfortable large pull-out sofa in the downstairs area. Bathroom and all furnishings were very pleasant and "Cape Cod-ish." We had a great view of the backyard and surroundings and a sliding patio door to the back porch area. This past weekend, I returned to Chatham to visit my parents, this time with my 17-year-old and 10-year-old sons. The Garden Room had already been booked for this time period, so Bob suggested that the Main Room (up an outdoor stairway from the Garden Room) would work well for us. He was sure right and this room, the Main Room, was even better than the Garden Room (and we loved the Garden Room!). The Main room was basically a very nicely appointed, light, bright, and airy one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen, Cape Cod feel, and many modern touches. I was hoping to book another stay for the end of July, but, no surprise, all three rooms (there is an East Room, which I have not yet seen), are solidly booked at the end of July. The location, to my thinking, is perfect- so close to the beautiful Harding's Beach, downtown, Shop-a-Hoy with Larry's PX for breakfast/lunch, and Dunkin' Donuts at the corner for a quick coffee and donut. Parking is convenient and ample in the back of the house. And, second only to the quality of the rooms and hospitality of Bob and Danielle (owners) is the price. I cannot imagine a better value anywhere in Chatham!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ChathamMass, Owner at Chatham Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments and the extra details. We will do all possible to find room for you again in the future. We really enjoyed having you stay with us once again and appreciate your repeat business.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We spent our first Thanksgiving weekend (we are Italians!)there and it was fantastic to enjoy the area in the low season!The apartment is great, well equipped (nice furniture!) so if you like you can have breakfast and eat at home using the microwave and the nice close fish shop where you can buy good take away sea food!I appreciated a lot coming back to the apartment and have a hot coffee or tea after a long walk on the windy beach!The owners are very welcoming people and they were useful providing suggestion such as restaurants, etc. The map of antiquity shop run by the owners of the Guest Rooms, just in the front of the house is definitely an added value !It was the perfect location also for our little Jacopo, two years old.We will come back soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauraa76
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Very nicely appointed. Jacuzzi bath, flat screen tv, dishwasher, full size stove & frig. Very close to Hardings Beach and Forest Beach. Short trip to town. Found many gluten free friendly restaurants nearby!

Room Tip: Apartment is well insulated and very warm and was able to without heat.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

After a hectic week in New York myself,wife and 19 year old daughter spent a most relaxing week in the Garden Suite which was ideal for us. Danielle and Bob are very warm welcoming people and put us at ease from the start. The rooms are attractively furnished with charming local artwork and some of their old maps. The garden is entrancing with a slightly wild feel and attracts a lot of birds and butterflies which can be seen from the windows or deck. The location is ideal being close to the town and within 10 minutes walk of a restaurant and 5 minute drive to superb beaches.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LindsayJ960
Reviewed 18 September 2012

in a charming Cape Cod town. We spent 3 nights in the master, which is a fully outfitted two room apartment with full kitchen, dishwasher, washer and drier and a bathroom so large you could almost advertise it as a three room. All the utensils, kitchen ware, furniture, decor, etc., etc. were of very high quality. A lovely and very utilitarian place to call home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My family and I stayed in the Garden Suite this summer for 4 days, what a fantastic place! Danielle and Bob were wonderful, the accomidations were fabulous! Very well kept, clean, and homey feeling. We loved the old charm, built in the 1800's they kept all the great liitle things about an old place. The deck that is attached to the suite was great, my son loved the garden. Its was less then 5 min. to town, great location. We would love, love, love to stay there again next year! I cant say enough great things about the place! Highly reccomend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Malinda W
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Chatham Guest Rooms for our first anniversary. The stay was absolutely wonderful. Our room (the East Room) was beautiful, impeccably clean, and we felt very at home for the week we were there. Every night felt like we were coming home rather than returning to a hotel or other typical lodging. Bob and Danielle are exceptional hosts and were very helpful in offering suggestions for the area. We enjoyed the times we were able to chat with them. They are also located only about a mile and a half from Hardings, Ridgevale, and Cockle Cove beaches, and a lot of great restaurants are nearby. I highly recommend staying at Chatham Guest Rooms if you are traveling to Cape Cod in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple