“"Charming inn, warm and friendly hosts"”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Buffalo, New York
“"Charming inn, warm and friendly hosts"”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Fantastic place to stay! Located close to town. Jim and Val are wonderful hosts! They are so friendly and thoughtful. Jim made arrangements for us for dinner in town and made sure that we had a reservation. He is very knowlegable about the cape and will help you find your way to all the great places. Both rooms we stayed in were charming and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets were soft. All the rooms have a full size shower, iron, ironing board, beach towels and plenty of place to put your things. Val cooks up a different breakfast each day. Some of the breakfasts -Fresh fruit (daily), lemon crepes (Out of this world!), stuffed french toast, blueberry scones - yum! We had a fantastic time thanks to Jim and Val! We will be back!

1 Thank Jennifer M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We loved our 5 night stay in The Carriage House Inn. As so many of the previous reviews have stated, the special part of staying here is the welcome that guests receive from Jim and Val. Jim takes time to sit down with every guest and go through sights, restaurants and experiences that might interest them and enhance their stay in Chatham. Both he and Val are extremely warm, friendly, attentive and welcoming. Val prepared a different, delicious home-cooked breakfast every morning and we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast chats with fellow guests at the communal table. (There are individual tables if communal eating isn't your thing!) The bedroom was beautifully appointed and had a very comfortable bed. We also found it extremely useful to have an in-room fridge. Jim and Val have thought of everything from providing beach chairs and towels to corkscrews and tasty snacks for their guests. We walked the half mile or so to Chatham's main street for dinner which was a pleasant and safe walk. Chatham is a beautiful place to visit and we will definitely return to the town and to The Carriage House Inn.

Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. Jim and Val are wonderful, extremely attentive hosts. Jim made sure we knew all the best places to go in Chatham. The room was lovely with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Breakfast, blueberry crepes, was a real treat!! We will be back!

Sea Cliff, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We just returned from our vacation at The Carriage House. It was like visiting your favorite relative. Jim and Val immediately make you feel part of the family. Their warmth, friendliness and knowledge of the of cape cod are outstanding. Breakfast is delightful. Our room was very comfortable, neat as a pin with everything we needed. The inn is perfectly located to experience Chatham's beaches, restaurants and shopping.

1 Thank MartyPeggy
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great place to stay! Strategically located. Great hosts, Jim and Val!My husband and I loved the location and Jim helped us plan a perfect vacation. Val's breakfast was great. The room was comfortable with all modern amenities.

1 Thank nainidel
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Carriage House Inn, Chatham provided my wife and I with a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until we departed. Our hosts, Val and Jim, could not have done more to make us welcome. The accommodation was clean, comfortable and convenient and the atmosphere congenial - we were treated like friends as opposed to customers. I recommend it wholeheartedly! SW

2 Thank Stephen W
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

On Friday, July 12th I requested online quotes from several B&Bs in the area. Heard back from all of them within the hour except Carriage House Inn. Went ahead and booked with another location since my trip date was coming up soon. Never heard back from Carriage House at all (although they claimed they sent an e-mail which I never received). Happened to check my credit card and saw they went ahead and charged me for the room. When I called to cancel the reservation I was told I would be charged a $25 cancellation fee, which I CALMLY disputed since I had never received the confirmation e-mail. Let me be clear, at no point was I upset and at no point did I raise my voice. The woman I spoke to proceeded to YELL at me that there was nothing she could do and then HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME. It's a shame since I visit the area often and was looking forward to staying there in the future, which of course will not happen now. I know she will respond to this review with a long comment about how I am wrong, however my main problem was not the fee but the fact that I was HUNG UP ON by someone who is in a hospitality industry and relies on good word of mouth for business. Unbelievable. I guess the moral of this story is always do business over the phone, do not try to book a room online. (Trip Advisor is making me select a date for travel. Obviously I did not stay at this Inn and this review is based solely on my experience with booking.)

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank bkgirl_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Gables Inn
Chatham Gables Inn
#2 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Carriage House Inn? Share your experiences!