“Great Night Away!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Great Night Away!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here over St. Patrick's Day weekend and I can not say enough things about this wonderful place. My parents gave us a gift card to this bed and breakfast because they had stayed here years ago and also enjoyed it. My husband and I choose to stay in one of the rooms with a gas fireplace. There are three rooms with fireplaces that are separate from the main house. I believe the room we were in was Room 5.
Upon checking in, we were greeted by Jim, who owes the Inn with his wife Val. Jim was very helpful and sat down with us to tell us about attractions in the area, where to go to eat, and even where to get free samples of fudge He showed us how the main house has a fireplace, a large DVD collection, menus from local restaurants, and a fridge stocked with water and soda. He then brought us to our room. The first thing I notice about a place is how clean it is. This place was spotless! The bathrooms were very clean and had a good supply of toiletries (I loved the make-up remover wipes!)the bed sheets and carpet were also very clean. The room itself was much larger than I thought and it was so welcoming and cute! I loved, loved, loved the fireplace! We did have to shut if off after a while because it got pretty hot in the room but im sure in the winter its great.
The breakfast the next morning was delicious! Jim was very excited about his St. Patrick's Day meal of cornbeef and eggs! We had oatmeal with toppings, cornbeef hash with eggs, juice and tea. Val and Jim remembered I liked tea and had it for me that morning! When it was time to go, Val and Jim both hugged us and welcomed us back for another stay. My husband and I loved it here and felt at home! Val and Jim are great hosts and we would/and have recommended this bed and breakfast to many friends and family. We plan to return next year! Thank you for a great weekend!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a fireplace, you have to book room 4,5,6. Those are the rooms separate from...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
West Warwick, R.I.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Carriage House Inn is at the tail end of a huge construction project/renovation. We can't wait to come back and see the finished product. Jim and Val have managed to maintain their high level of B & B excellence and for the third time in 4 years we were extremely pleased with our getaway long weekend. Jim is always the gracious, helpful host and Val makes breakfast a meal to look forward to. We will never stay anywhere else when in Chatham...it can't get any better than this!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms 1, 2 and 3. All equally lovely. Have never stayed in the carriage house. We...
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Jim and Val are great! My hubby and I stayed one night, WAY off season (February) - we're preparing to move to Cape Cod, and took a night away from the kids to get "chores" done for the move.
Jim was waiting at the door as we drove in. If you want to just settle in to your room, he'll let you. But, if you want a ten minute map tour of the Chatham area, complete with shopping, excursion, and restaurant suggestions, he'll do that too! (I recommend the map tour. Jim knows everything!)
Fresh cookies, drinks, snacks waiting. A huge selection of DVDs to borrow if you feel like relaxing in your room with a movie (it was winter, after all).
The room was absolutely lovely. Well appointed, smartly decorated, clean, cozy, and private. Attention to detail is obvious.
Val's breakfast was delicious. Home cooked goodness meets novel presentation.
If a Cape Cod B&B is that great in the cold cold winter, I can only imagine how great it is in warmer times!
I will tell my family and friends to stay at the Carriage House Inn - it's perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My boyfriend and I went for a winter getaway, and Val and Jim made us feel like family. Jim gave us ideas on how to spend our day, and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Val is a wonderful cook, and it was nice to have someone make me breakfast. We highly recommend this romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2014
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Carriage House Inn is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic weekend!! My husband and I chose to stay here after reading lots of great reviews on TA.... We were VERY happy with our choice!! The Inn is located very close to Main Street, lots of great shops, restaurants and beaches within a 5 minute drive. The Inn was very clean, well maintained and most importantly warm and inviting. The innkeepers, Val & Jim, are the perfect hosts....Upon our arrival, Jim welcomed us and spent some time mapping out all the best places to visit in Chatham - restaurants, beaches, shops, scenic roads. Val is a great chef, we had two delicious breakfasts, Fruit & Yogurt, Frittatas, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and homemade breakfast breads. Breakfast is more than enough to keep you going into the afternoon while you explore the Cape! Overall, this Inn is great, unpretentious and a solid Cape Cod experience. We will definitely be staying with Val & Jim again!!!

Room Tip: We chose Room #5, located in the Carriage House. The room was so peaceful. The colors and decor inv...
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Jim and Val are the best! From the amazing choc. chip cookies in the afternoon, to the fantastic gourmet breakfast Val cooked the next morning, it was the perfect overnight romantic escape. I highly recommend Room No. 6 in the carriage house portion of the inn- beautiful gas fireplace included! I've been visiting Chatham since I was a kid and I've always been in love with town. I can't wait to go back and stay another weekend at the Carriage House Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristina H
West Friendship, Maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the place to stay!!! My husband and I had never been to Cape Cod before and 'took a chance' on staying at a bed and breakfast, which we had also never done. Staying at the Carriage House Inn turned out to be the perfect way to be introduced to all the wonderful food and sights on the Cape. We arrived to warm chocolate chip cookies and even warmer Inn hosts--Jim and Val are the consummate B & B hosts! Jim helped us navigate what to see, where to eat (the most incredible clam chowder in Chatham) and the best way to get there--walking or driving. Val's breakfast meals were amazing--still think about that wonderful stuffed french toast :-) We had an incredible 3 days on Cape Cod and we are so thankful that we took a chance and stayed at the Carriage House Inn!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the main house, so we just had to walk down the stairs to breakfast! Plus, al...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Gables Inn
Chatham Gables Inn
#2 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Carriage House Inn? Share your experiences!