What a great stay we had in Chatham. It was just too short. Aside from the Cape being a beautiful place to visit with the wonderful charm of Chatham surrounding us, it was made ever more pleasant by the hospitality of our inn keepers, Tim and Paula and the attractiveness of our accomodations.
I honestly cant complain about anything other than perhaps the fact that the rooms, while comfortable and quite attractive, were a bit small. Ive been to others with larger rooms but then again, with hospitality that is not to the same standards as what Tim and Paula provided.
From the moment we arrived, they came outside to greet us as we parked our cars and helped us with our bags. Immediately they gave us a tour and set us up with our room keys. They were well prepared in that they had all tourism information, including menus of all restaurants in Chatham and the surrounding towns. Paula even went as far as to help us with making recommendations and making our reservations for us (since she apparently is known by many of the restaurants to which Im sure she refers many of her customers)
Breakfasts that were provided from 8:30 to 9:30 were wonderful. everyone staying at the inn was clearly happy with their stay and we all got to know each other a bit while there, sharing our experiences and hats off to the chef which rivaled that of any quality country restaurant.
Despite the size of the rooms, we found our accomodations quite comfortable with very quaint and aesthetically pleasing decor. But what made this inn one we would visit again and again, is the kindness of our innkeepers. We all knew each other by our first names and hugs were exchanged when we left. Tim and Paula just have the perfect personalities for running an B&B and they clearly pay attention to the details and clearly know how to do it right.
I would highly recommend the Carriage House for its price, decor, and hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic year-round bed & breakfast near Chatham Light Beach and downtown Chatham, the Carriage House Inn offers spacious grounds, beautifully appointed guestrooms and gracious hospitality. All rooms have queen size beds, private bathrooms, TV's with DVD players, air conditioning and CD alarm clocks; some feature fireplaces, private entrances, and outdoor sitting areas. A full, gourmet breakfast is served each morning under the crystal chandelier in the dining room or adjacent sunroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Carriage House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House Hotel Chatham
- Carriage House Inn Chatham, Cape Cod, MA