We stayed at the Carriage House for 2 nights in July and we so wished we had stayed longer as the other places we stayed in Falmouth & Plymouth did not come anywhere near to the high quality accommodation at this very special place. I honestly thought that some of the other reviews were too good to be true, how can you help yourself to biscuits & complimentary drinks without feeling cheeky when stopping in somebody else's home? But you can! Honestly, we were overwhelmed. The fridge is fully stocked with diet coke, mineral water and other soft drinks, (as many as you liked, although we didn't take advantage, it was a nice comfort stop at the end of the day), homemade biscuits were there on the tray, other nibbles (crisps, nuts, etc) which just filled the gap after being out and about. The fridge also had room for your any of your own drinks (wine, beer) they even provided stickers with your room number to identify your own goodies in the fridge! There is also a ice makee, wine glasses and tumblers. Then the Room......we were in the Carriage House, Room 5, so so clean, quaint and lo behold even more surprises! We were supplied with Beach Towels, Umbrella, Decent hairdryer, make up cloth, fluffy towels, cotton wool pads, cotton wool buds, Large Double Shower, Coffee Maker, LCD TV, DVD player (good DVD library in the main house!), mints, air con, Paula and Tim had thought of everything for a most pleasant stay. The breakfasts were scrumptious! They had both double checked our dietary requirements when we got there. Lovely fresh fruit to start followed by a cooked dish. Endless juice and coffee. You could either sit at the main table with others or tables of two in the sun room, entirely upto you.
The lounge area had folders full of places to see and menus of places to eat, the latter being a great idea is you want to see the food fayre and also the prices. Tim was really helpful with advice on local places and what to do. We went to Provincetown for the day and both Tim and Paula told us where to park for a cheaper rate etc. We recommend this as a day out and the whale watching was absolutely breathtaking..
The walk to the beach was around 20 minutes, but a very pretty walk and do not be put off by this, you can always park nearby so you would be there in a few mins. We dined at Squires on the Main Street and Pisces around 3 miles away. Both were amazing in their own right. Squires is more of a bar but good food with a great atmosphere. Lively and great service if you sit at the bar to eat! Very attentive/ Pisces is more fine dining but still a relaxed atmosphere.
Do not stay anywhere else! The inn is totally charming, you will enjoy it and it's good value for money !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic year-round bed & breakfast near Chatham Light Beach and downtown Chatham, the Carriage House Inn offers spacious grounds, beautifully appointed guestrooms and gracious hospitality. All rooms have queen size beds, private bathrooms, TV's with DVD players, air conditioning and CD alarm clocks; some feature fireplaces, private entrances, and outdoor sitting areas. A full, gourmet breakfast is served each morning under the crystal chandelier in the dining room or adjacent sunroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Carriage House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House Hotel Chatham
- Carriage House Inn Chatham, Cape Cod, MA