“Ice Cream is delicious ”

Buffy's Ice Cream Shop
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Chatham
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

While there was a long line, the wait was definitely worth it. The chocolate chocolate chip ice cream was creamy and didn't have any artificial taste to it. The only negative was that it was so good that I finished it so quickly.
While the prices aren't inexpensive, you know what you're getting in a touristy area. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Peter G

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If I had a desire to own an ice cream shop, I'd open one in Chatham to compete with Buffy's. This main street shop is adorable and offers tasty ice cream in a variety of flavors. If you go at night, the line is ridiculous. It smells like yummy waffle cones and other delicious stuff in there. I would rate Buffy's as excellent, but for a few issues. 1. It is ridiculously overpriced. For a family of four, just getting regular ice cream plus a topping for each child, the bill is close to $35. That's crazy, even for Chatham. 2. We've not ever had a very friendly server there. 3. While I appreciate that a small cup of soft serve ice cream is huge, it's served in a cup that's too small, so when we walk outside into summer heat, the ice cream melts and drips down the side of the cup and all over my kids' clothing. Then the children become dirty, sticky messes and I scream, "Eat the $8 ice cream before it melts all over the place!!" Buffy, please serve your ice cream in appropriately sized dishes. I've already too much laundry to do! ha! I think there's one tiny table inside. Plan to eat on the picnic tables outside or bop around town.

1  Thank TheSecretVagabond
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Perfect family ice cream place. Fun flavors, from traditional to unusual. I was a bit jealous of my husband's red raspberry fudge until I tried the Almond Joy... which has dark chocolate instead of milk -- to my delight -- unlike the candy bar. Delish

1  Thank codsquad10
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Absolutely yummee. Great flavours but long queues says it all. Huge scoops at great prices for Cape cod. Need I say more.

1  Thank DrAM27
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We passed two other ice cream stores to go to this one because of TA reviews. I ordered mochas chip ice cream and my wife coffee ice cream. I do believe hers tasted better because the coffee flavor was strong. The mocha part of mine was not that strong and tasted like a week coffee with yummy dark chocolate bits. I think that if the coffee flavoring was stronger in my ice cream it would have deserved five stars. The ice cream was creamy and rich and tasted home made.

1  Thank Rohrshack