“Article of clothing never retrieved”

The Chatham Wayside Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
New England
“Article of clothing never retrieved”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have stayed here before and been pleased but the last time i stayed here I realized about a half hour after I left that I had left a very nice pair of slacks in my room. The article of clothing was never turned in by the help involved in room service. The desk reseptionist(one of them) was understanding and said they had a strict policy regarding turning in belongings left behind. After dining out I returned for another try and the last 2 people I spoke with basically inferred I may have left them in my car and to look in my car again! Check your room before you leave and try not to check out in a hurry to make the deadline checkout time. It's not worth it.

Room Tip: Nice rooms but check your room thoroughly before you take off.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank muff2314

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My wife and I recently enjoyed a two night stay at this beautiful inn. We are so glad we chose the Wayside Inn as everything was just wonderful. The lovely young woman at check in was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very pleasant and spotless. We tried dinner one night at their restaurant and enjoyed it thoroughly. For convenience it doesn't seem like there could be a better location in Chatham. The shops in the area are great fun to browse through and it was a nice walk down to the lighthouse. This was our first trip to Chatham but it won't be our last. Chatham and the Wayside Inn have become a new favorite destination.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vtmtns
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Over priced rooms. Staff at the hotel were unfriendly and knew little about what Chatham had to offer. Clearly they feel that since they are located in town, in a good location, that they do not need to provide any meaningful service.

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank RosieSlick
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Nothing was "wrong" with this hotel or its staff, however we came away from the experience not feeling like it was money well-spent. So I would have to say that the thing that was wrong was the cost. I know that the decent hotels on Cape Cod have to make their money in a short season and that one should expect to pay a premium for a good room on the Cape in the summer. In this case it was a $300 per night room, with a $5 per night "energy surcharge". At check in I was not made to feel especially welcome. It was a large, clean room with a king bed. There was no desk or place to sit and work or watch TV without re-arranging the two chairs. There was little attention to detail or to making us feel like our business was appreciated. Breakfast is not included. My review s that the Wayside is a good $150 a night hotel but a so-so $300 a night hotel. Next time I'd find a clean motel or make the leap to the Chatham Bars.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff R
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We rolled into Chatham and looked at another hotel a bit further from town - they hadn't opened for the season. We called and they were very polite and happy to help. Not wanting to spend $300 for one night, I expressed my concern. They gave me the options and we got a great room.

Staff was very polite, Bartender funny, Appetizers and Breakfast (however breakfast was free so no real complaints) - not so great, but given the location it easy to find other options. We will definitely visit Chatham again and make sure we check in at the Wayside.

Room Tip: Ask for the range of availablility
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edgewater5
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed at the Chatham Wayside Inn for one night when I was in town on business. The location of the inn is great - right on Main St. Check-in was fast but not particularly warm. I stayed in a basic queen room (#208). It had floral decor, quaint furniture (2 armchairs, a TV cabinet, and a small dresser. There was no desk and little space to put things. The bathroom was small but clean.
The continental breakfast was decent, offering bagels, toast, pastries, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal bars, coffee/tea, and juices.
Overall, a clean, quiet place in a great location.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Alton, Illinois
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We thought we had booked a room at a charming Cape Cod inn. Wrong. Our room was the antithesis of charm. The restaurant was closed as was the bar. We should have been informed of that fact when we initially booked months in advance. We might as well have stayed in a motel for all of the "personal service" we received. We won't be back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C0rgiL0ver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
Chatham Tides
Chatham Tides
#1 of 1 in South Chatham
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Chatham Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!