“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Nokomis, Florida
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This place is right in the heart of Chatham negating the need for a car. Pleasant and and exceptionally clean. Restaurant is very nice with a great continental breakfast.

Room Tip: There are separate buildings and if you don't want to walk outside to get to the dining room you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aineb44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mystic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I called a month in advance to make a reservation for a trip over spring break. They had plenty of options available. I booked the room and asked about the cancellation policy. I was told that if I cancelled 14 days in advance there would only be a $10 credit card fee; within 14 days I would be charged $75 and a no show you, obviously pays the full charge. No problem. I received my email confirmation and checked to make sure the date and room rate were correct. I made a HUGE mistake in not reading the fine print of the cancellation policy because the person gave me incorrect information. Our plans changed and I did have to cancel 15 days in advance. I was told that I would be charged $75. When I explained my conversation with the reservation person (I booked directly with the Inn) the woman said, "There is no such thing as a $10 fee. If you read your email confirmation you will see our policy clearly states that any cancellation results in a $75 fee." There was no negotiating....she was quite rude. She also made the comment, "Even if you make a reservation and cancel 5 minutes later, you would have to pay $75!" That's it, period. I told her that I would not be calling the Inn again.....she could not have cared less. My advice is to make sure your plans are definite because there are no options if they change. I know that they will not be getting another dime from me.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank P W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Visited the Wayside Inn late last summer. Was nice, but very stuffy! The hotel staff didn't seem to go out of their way to show you where things were - had to guess on where the pool was and what the strict "beach" vs. "pool" towel rule was. Had to find the pool bathrooms on our own (a.k.a. the directions from the front desk were very vague). Went to dinner at the restaurant on their premises one night. Were seated right away but then waited about an hour and a half (no joke) for our entrees. My daughter actually cried b/c she was so hungry. Other tables were seated, given their meals and left in the time we waited. Not much of an apology about that either. I would say that it may be a nicer place to stay without kids b/c it wasn't very family friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CEO5555
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I wouldn't say that the wayside is a bad hotel, it is just a letdown. The other hotels in the area have so much more character and reflect the charm of Chatham. The rooms at the wayside could be in any lower end Hilton in the US. Our room smelled bad and was adequate but not worth the price we paid. Stay at the Cranberry inn down the street for a true Chatham experience.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank oscar503
Cumberland Center, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed at Chatham Wayside Inn several times: This year they went out of their way to be pleasant and cordial: They were very successful. Great surprise Christmas gift on the morning of 12/25: Hot breakfast ( no extra charge) and a wonderful box lunch ( no extra charge) for 12/25/2011. The staff were great, very polite and ready to help in any way possible.The room was warm with a very comfortable Bed: The bathroom was well equipped and the shower was hot with lots of water. Crisp towels and bathrobes.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jebcolpitts
Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Over the years, we have stayed at this hotel, as well as its sister hotel, The Bradford Inn, countless times. It would be fair to say we were "regulars", We put up with the uncomfortable beds, and paper-thin walls because the charm of Chatham made it worthwhile. This past week, while driving from our home to the Cape, we received an emergency call to return home due to family illness. As anyone who has elderly parents can attest, things can change on a moments notice. We pulled over, called the hotel, and explained our dilemma. We had paid for three nights. Of course we knew the first night was gone as it would be impossible for them to fill our room at this late hour. However, we thought it would be perfectly resonable to receive a voucher to return for the other two nights. Any time of year would have been fine with us. Instead of being the least bit understanding, especially with repeat customers, we were greeted with a stern rebuke of "No Exceptions Can Be Made". The manager on the phone, Sheila, obviously well versed in the vernacular of a Dale Carnegie instructor, droned on about hotel policy and the costs of doing business. We were treated with callous disregard to our situation. My advise to anyone going to either one of these hotels is make your plans at the very last minute of your intended arrival. The cancellation policy is basically this: No refunds, no store credit, no exceptions. From now on, I will be doing my business with the Chatham Bars Inn.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Neil S
west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We had a lovely room in the main house with a small private balcony which had the morning sun. The room was clean and smart with lots of space. The staff were helpful and friendly. The lacation is ideal with a large car park in the centre of the village.
In the morning there was a complimentary hot breakfast.
We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening and were a little disappointed in the service. The food was average.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poppy57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Captain's House Inn
Captain's House Inn
#3 of 9 in Chatham
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews

Been to The Chatham Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!