“Wish I read Aimee Leigh's review 1st!”

The Chatham Wayside Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was going to book online reservation but decided to call to ask a few questions first. I was put on hold for at least 10 minutes so hung up and tried to make the online reservation for the room I was holding. No longer available. Booked next room down and received confirmation email at 1:15am, almost 12 hours after booking. Went to call the next morning to cancel and was hit with the $75 charge for room I held for less than 8 hours. Yes, I see as I read the policy after the fact that it is in there; however, I had never seen such a steep charge this far out from the actual dates. Called to asked for relief and mentioning was on hold for 10 minutes with no return and fell on deaf ears. Definitely left horrible taste.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Andy O
There are newer reviews for The Chatham Wayside Inn

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I chose this inn after a lot of research and comments on the net. It was awesome on every level. The room was spotless and the bed /pillows were so comfortable and fresh. The staff was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. While we didn't plan to eat all our meals at the restaurant, we enjoyed the four nights we ate there. The bartender Bobby was wonderful. He knew his way around the Cape and guided us expertly. He single-handedly made each evening so delightful- what an asset he is to the inn! This is my destination place going forward when I visit the Cape. They get five stars in my book- can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I trusted the person who took my reservation. The room was exactly as she described-wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very friendly and accomading staff. Had a charming room in the main building. Located right in the heart of town. Close to everything you love about the cape. Dining was also a very pleasant experience. This was my third stay spread over several years and it just keeps getting better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have been to Chatham many times and have always wanted to try the Wayside Inn but for whatever reason have ended up elsewhere( Bradford, Chatham Bars Inn, Cranberry, etc.) in the past.

I don't want this to sound like a negative review because that's not the intent. It's just there were a couple of issues to note. My sense is that we just had a bit of bad luck more than anything else.

I booked a special they were running that included room, continental breakfast, dinner and a movie. It took three phone calls to finally make the reservation, as I kept getting different prices from different people. I finally booked an upgraded suite that included a fireplace and was very specific about getting the fireplace. Upon checking in we were told we were given an upgrade to an even more spacious suite. The suite was great with a king bed, spacious bathroom and a covered porch that looked out at where the bandstand is. However, the suite came without a fireplace. I spoke to the person at the desk and she was very apologetic but indicated there was nothing she could do about it. She did give us a bottle of wine and a ticket for a couple of drinks in the bar that helped make up for it, however. So for the most part all was forgiven.

The Wayside Inn is in a perfect location in downtown Chatham that made walking everywhere very easy. They have a great bar in the Wild Goose and we had drinks there before dinner. We had dinner in the restaurant which was ok, although there are better places to eat in town.

Overall it was a very nice stay and I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it, despite the glitches.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jose_Bueno
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We asked for an upgrade and were moved to a gorgeous room with a king size bed and beautiful fireplace. Mark went out of his way to make sure we had a special weekend. We spent some time at the Goose (the Inn's in-house restaurant), specifically at the bar. Bobby and Hopeton were friendly and made us feel like we were regulars. The Inn is a special place. They go out of their way to make you feel like you're the most important guest they have staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg2920
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This Inn and I specify INN is charming and well appointed. This is not a hotel so there is no room service or other amenities you expect in a hotel. People need to remember the difference between Inn and Hotel! It is lovely inside and the staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. There is a continental breakfast downstairs and the Wild Goose which is attached also will do "to go" orders for Inn guests. They just don't deliver to your room as it is a separate entity. It was the perfect location for the Christmas Stroll and tree lighting in Chatham. It is on Main Street, and literally in the heart of Chatham walking distance almost everything!

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others. Call and ask them about it when booking!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Excellent location for our annual holiday stroll. You can spend some money in their bar and restaurant but there is always Squires Pub across the street if you wanted to have other choices. Rooms are very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
Chatham Tides
Chatham Tides
#1 of 1 in South Chatham
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Chatham Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!