“Charming & Well-Located Inn Offers Comfort and Coziness”

The Chatham Wayside Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
San Francisco, California
“Charming & Well-Located Inn Offers Comfort and Coziness”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for extended weekend to attend a wedding, and were delighted to find it so central to all the places and events we needed to get to. Loved the location for getting out to walk about town. Found our room to be very cozy, especially on a rainy night, with an unusually comfortable bed. The room was on the small side, but very cheerful and bright during the day. The bathroom was also tiny, and a little dated on the decorating side, but very clean. Nice and quiet at night even though located right in the center of town.

Ate at the restaurant on the first floor only once, but found it welcoming to us late in the evening after traveling from the West Coast. Enjoyed one of the best bowls of clam chowder I've ever had!

The Wayside is a good choice for your visit to Chatham and the Cape if you're looking for charm, comfort and convenience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

So glad we chose this hotel on a one-night stay in Chatham. The hotel is right in the heart of the charming town center. We strolled the shopping area, and took a drive around the picturesque town. The front desk staff were just delightful. Our room was huge and immaculate, with wonderful bedding. We had dinner at the Wild Goose Tavern on the premises, and enjoyed that as well. We had a complimentary breakfast in the morning, which was really pleasant. All in all, this was a gracious, quiet and restful stay.

Room Tip: This is not a tall building, but we did enjoy being on the top floor with a golf course view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank notlostyet36
Lakeville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was going to book online reservation but decided to call to ask a few questions first. I was put on hold for at least 10 minutes so hung up and tried to make the online reservation for the room I was holding. No longer available. Booked next room down and received confirmation email at 1:15am, almost 12 hours after booking. Went to call the next morning to cancel and was hit with the $75 charge for room I held for less than 8 hours. Yes, I see as I read the policy after the fact that it is in there; however, I had never seen such a steep charge this far out from the actual dates. Called to asked for relief and mentioning was on hold for 10 minutes with no return and fell on deaf ears. Definitely left horrible taste.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Andy O
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I chose this inn after a lot of research and comments on the net. It was awesome on every level. The room was spotless and the bed /pillows were so comfortable and fresh. The staff was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. While we didn't plan to eat all our meals at the restaurant, we enjoyed the four nights we ate there. The bartender Bobby was wonderful. He knew his way around the Cape and guided us expertly. He single-handedly made each evening so delightful- what an asset he is to the inn! This is my destination place going forward when I visit the Cape. They get five stars in my book- can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I trusted the person who took my reservation. The room was exactly as she described-wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Colleen C
Devens, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very friendly and accomading staff. Had a charming room in the main building. Located right in the heart of town. Close to everything you love about the cape. Dining was also a very pleasant experience. This was my third stay spread over several years and it just keeps getting better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Nancy B
Boston, MA
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have been to Chatham many times and have always wanted to try the Wayside Inn but for whatever reason have ended up elsewhere( Bradford, Chatham Bars Inn, Cranberry, etc.) in the past.

I don't want this to sound like a negative review because that's not the intent. It's just there were a couple of issues to note. My sense is that we just had a bit of bad luck more than anything else.

I booked a special they were running that included room, continental breakfast, dinner and a movie. It took three phone calls to finally make the reservation, as I kept getting different prices from different people. I finally booked an upgraded suite that included a fireplace and was very specific about getting the fireplace. Upon checking in we were told we were given an upgrade to an even more spacious suite. The suite was great with a king bed, spacious bathroom and a covered porch that looked out at where the bandstand is. However, the suite came without a fireplace. I spoke to the person at the desk and she was very apologetic but indicated there was nothing she could do about it. She did give us a bottle of wine and a ticket for a couple of drinks in the bar that helped make up for it, however. So for the most part all was forgiven.

The Wayside Inn is in a perfect location in downtown Chatham that made walking everywhere very easy. They have a great bar in the Wild Goose and we had drinks there before dinner. We had dinner in the restaurant which was ok, although there are better places to eat in town.

Overall it was a very nice stay and I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it, despite the glitches.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Jose_Bueno
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We asked for an upgrade and were moved to a gorgeous room with a king size bed and beautiful fireplace. Mark went out of his way to make sure we had a special weekend. We spent some time at the Goose (the Inn's in-house restaurant), specifically at the bar. Bobby and Hopeton were friendly and made us feel like we were regulars. The Inn is a special place. They go out of their way to make you feel like you're the most important guest they have staying there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Greg2920
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
The Old Harbor Inn
The Old Harbor Inn
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Chatham Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!