The Chatham Wayside Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)
Chatham Tides(South Chatham)
View Hotel
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe wild goose tavernmain streetcontinental breakfastcape codoff seasonchristmas strollexcellent locationnew englandqueen roomcharming hotelwalking distanceshort strollvery nice staynice poolan upgradebeautiful roomyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

They have an awful policy and take your money months before you stay there.
Plus they charge a cancellation fee for each room even if you give notice beyond a month.
No hotel does that. Tried to contact the manager but ignores any correspondence.

Most quality hotels provide a two week cancellation policy. Hoping that this saves some else heart ache. Very disappointed with the way the front desk handled this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
18  Thank 809Winston
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for extended weekend to attend a wedding, and were delighted to find it so central to all the places and events we needed to get to. Loved the location for getting out to walk about town. Found our room to be very cozy, especially on a rainy night, with an unusually comfortable bed. The room was on the small side, but very cheerful and bright during the day. The bathroom was also tiny, and a little dated on the decorating side, but very clean. Nice and quiet at night even though located right in the center of town.

Ate at the restaurant on the first floor only once, but found it welcoming to us late in the evening after traveling from the West Coast. Enjoyed one of the best bowls of clam chowder I've ever had!

The Wayside is a good choice for your visit to Chatham and the Cape if you're looking for charm, comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

So glad we chose this hotel on a one-night stay in Chatham. The hotel is right in the heart of the charming town center. We strolled the shopping area, and took a drive around the picturesque town. The front desk staff were just delightful. Our room was huge and immaculate, with wonderful bedding. We had dinner at the Wild Goose Tavern on the premises, and enjoyed that as well. We had a complimentary breakfast in the morning, which was really pleasant. All in all, this was a gracious, quiet and restful stay.

Room Tip: This is not a tall building, but we did enjoy being on the top floor with a golf course view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank notlostyet36
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was going to book online reservation but decided to call to ask a few questions first. I was put on hold for at least 10 minutes so hung up and tried to make the online reservation for the room I was holding. No longer available. Booked next room down and received confirmation email at 1:15am, almost 12 hours after booking. Went to call the next morning to cancel and was hit with the $75 charge for room I held for less than 8 hours. Yes, I see as I read the policy after the fact that it is in there; however, I had never seen such a steep charge this far out from the actual dates. Called to asked for relief and mentioning was on hold for 10 minutes with no return and fell on deaf ears. Definitely left horrible taste.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Andy O
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I chose this inn after a lot of research and comments on the net. It was awesome on every level. The room was spotless and the bed /pillows were so comfortable and fresh. The staff was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. While we didn't plan to eat all our meals at the restaurant, we enjoyed the four nights we ate there. The bartender Bobby was wonderful. He knew his way around the Cape and guided us expertly. He single-handedly made each evening so delightful- what an asset he is to the inn! This is my destination place going forward when I visit the Cape. They get five stars in my book- can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I trusted the person who took my reservation. The room was exactly as she described-wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Colleen C