“wonderful stay”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We spent two wonderful nights taking advantage of the Inn's Thanksgiving celebration.The staff's performance was consistently professional,courteous and friendly.The food was great, the bathrooms clean and spacious,the beds comfortable and the Inn was spotless.The Thanksgiving Day buffet was incomparable.Overall one of the best stays we have ever had.

Room Tip: Offseason, rooms in the Main Inn are more convenient.Cottages offer the best experience during the s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely two night stay in a double queen room in the Seaview Cottage. Upon arrival the doormen are attentive and welcoming. Check in was quick and easy. The room was lovely and spacious. I adored the in-room Nespresso machine! The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom very functional. We did not dine on property but we did have a very nice Irish coffee in the bar. I have two complaints. Parking in the area near the Seaview Cottage is limited and can mean a hike to your car. The second issue is we had a first floor room due to my recent ankle surgery. The first night while getting ready for bed in our bathroom I CLEARLY heard the noises of bodily functions of the person in the bathroom above me. This issue extended to the bed above us if you get my drift. More sound proofing would be great. That being said I would stay here again. I would choose a different room option.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife & I have stayed at this hotel some 5 times over the past 8 years & it never fails to impress.

We stay in one of the cottages across the road from the main hotel & the facilities are first class in the room & hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our third visit to Chatham Bars Inn and I have to admit this is one of my favorite places on the east coast. We always visit in the off-season and stay in the Main Inn; however, this year we were joined by our daughter and toddler grand-daughter. They stayed in one of the cottage suites near the fish pier which was simply wonderful; comfortable, spacious and with a gas log fireplace! We like our oceanview room and balcony at the Main Inn because it's cozy and we love the main lounge and veranda - but the suite was great too because we spent a lot of time on the front porch while our grand-daughter enjoyed playing outside. She wanted to be at the beach all the time but since the water was a little cold, it was nice to have the option of another good place for her to play.

As usual, the entire staff was lovely to us. You know how you go some places and can instantly tell when the staff isn't happy about having a baby or toddler around? Not at CBI. They were quite welcoming, patient and helped us with everything.

I could go on and on and on - the hotel is wonderful, the grounds are beautiful, the location is out of this world, the little town of Chatham is charming and within walking distance. The only "bad" thing about being on the Cape in October is that some restaurants and shops have closed after the Columbus Day weekend so choices are a little limited. However, I wouldn't be caught dead on the Cape in the summer; the fall is the perfect time to visit....the hotel and restaurants aren't so full, the beaches are almost empty and it's like having a little piece of heaven all to yourself. Very quiet, calm and relaxing...now if I could just talk my husband into going back in February! Taking long walks on the beach and then coming in to sit by a warm fire & reading in the main lounge sounds like a great way to spend a winter weekend.

Room Tip: If it's just two of you, it's hard to beat the Main Inn Premiere (oceanview) rooms. Quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chatham Bars Inn for a weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It could not have been a better weekend. When we arrived there was a chilled bottle of champagne with personalized note from the CBI. Our room/suite was in the "Breakwater" cottage with a deck that overlooked Chatham Harbor and Nauset Beach in the distance. The deck also faced east which made for a perfect view of the sunrise each morning. While watching the sun rise, the only sound to hear was from the dozen harbor seals that were in the water just off the beach--a great way to start the day. The gas fireplace was great to have on while relaxing after a day of walking on the beach, shopping on Main Street, and eating at the great restaurants at the resort and in town (a trip to Chatham is complete without a stop at the Squire). The staff was friendly and accommodating and we can't wait to return..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We visited the CBI one night in October as a Birthday treat for my boyfriend. He has been there before and loves the place. We arrived early and they got us in our room 3 hours ahead of time. We were given a room in a house with 4 other rooms. Our building had an ocean view and was by the fish market so we could watch the boats coming in as well. We walked to town a few times to eat and have drinks at The Squire (fantastic food) We swam in the pool at CBI then jumped in the huge hot tub. We were the only ones there as it was overcast and breezy. I booked our room through Expedia and got a deal so I didn't think we would have such a nice room. The beds are super comfy and our room also had a gas fireplace. Even with not so nice weather we had a fantastic time and the grounds are so beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I wanted to go away for a night and decided to go to the Chatham Bars Inn. I know that Chatham Bars Inn is hot spot during the summer months but spending time there during the winter in my opinion is equally as nice. The room which was was clean was equipped with two gas fireplaces which worked out perfect as it was a cold snowy day. We ventured out to the main inn for dinner and a drink which like the room exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend considering Chatham Bars Inn regardless of the season.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!