“Very Nice Cottage”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This January a group stayed in the Beach Side cottage at CBI. The cottage, only one of its kind, was a private 2 bedroom house with a kitchenette and washer and dryer and living room with pull out sofa. It was a little tight for 6 people, but defiantly better than other options. The room was right on the beach which was very nice, but also a little far from the main hotel. Sharon, one of the housekeepers was one of the nicest people we met at the resort, and did an amazing job cleaning the room and providing turn down service. She was very personable and nice and did a great job. The room service food was good, but the food at the Tavern was not up to par. We also called in the late morning to make a reservation for a cup of tea, and were told that they could not take us because we did not call 24hrs in advance. A little annoying, considering all we wanted was tea and not the food. The hotel was great when our washing machine broke, they let us give housekeeping a few items to wash, free of charge. Overall, a very nice hotel and nice quality rooms. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you want a private house for your group, make sure you ask for the "Beachside Cottage"
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read your comments on the unique comforts of our Beach side Cottage, it is the only free standing building that can sleep upwards of 8 guests in addition to its newly renovated galley kitchen area. I also look forward to letting Sharon in housekeeping know of you review, she will be thrilled as are we with your praise! I was sorry to learn that the in room washing machine malfunctioned, however it sounds housekeeping recovered for the inconvenience by offering to launder your items.

I will also share your comments regarding The Sacred Cod Tavern food and Tea policies with our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director, so that they too can review with their respective teams.

In all I am pleased that your overall experience with us was enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710

Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me and booked the CBI spa suite we stayed in for our anniversary. The rooms are beautiful, the bed comfortable and we love the sauna and steam shower. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the hot water tanks in the spa building and we had no hot water. The front desk was extremely apologetic, wanted to change our room to a king delux ocean view (which I secretly wanted because I love the ocean - but since he went to so much trouble to book the same room we had before I had to take one for the team). The hotel then comped our stay which was appreciated but unnecessary as water tanks break unexpectedly all the time!! Despite the initial lack of hot water we had a fabulous time and can't wait to return! They do it right here and we love it! Thank you for helping to make the big 30 and 120 months so special!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Spent a few days after Christmas at this first class resort, One of the most comfortable beds I have slept, Stayed in one of the cottages. Spacious room with a fireplace. Easy walk to the village that has a few nice restaurants. HD TV stations were very limited & picture quality on non HD poor

Room Tip: Only warning is the gas fireplace is not tied into the room heat, Even if you set the Thermostat at...
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have visited Cape Cod in Oct. before but we stayed at a smaller place. I was so excited to stay at this gorgeous resort. It is gorgeous but I guess I expected too much. The room (271) was nice, but smaller than I anticipated. I've attached photos of the building we were in. We enjoyed the refrigerator and the table & chairs in our room. The views are great & the grounds are lovely. The front desk staff was polite but didn't seem really interested in me. As a Southerner, I expect a more friendly greeting & a volunteering of information about the area, the resort, etc. . After all, I am YOUR GUEST. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the serving staff was wonderful. Very attentive and informative about the area. Handicapped parking was available right by our building and we are very grateful for that convenience. I appreciate the free morning coffee in the lobby, as in the in-room cappaciano machine left much to be desired. The bathrooms and slippers are a lovely touch. The shower and bath products are wonderful. I could have taken two showers each day! Thank you. My biggest disappointment was the bar. After a cold night of out and about-we ordered some hot adult beverages. My Irish coffee was a huge disappointment. For $12.00, I should never have had to ask for whipped cream on top.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 271 and it was nice, but smaller than I expected. Handicapped parking and other p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was the perfect setting for a quiet, romantic getaway. Our spa suite was the utmost in relaxation and my girlfriend and I felt truly "away" for the weekend. The turndown service was impeccable and we enjoyed great meals in the main inn. Room service was delivered promptly for breakfast each day and check in and check out were a breeze. Can't recommend this place highly enough. Quiet, upscale and caters well to high expectations.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was very surprised about the Chatham Bars Inn. It has a very beautiful view but our room had stains on the carpet and it looked like it need to be vacuumed. Also, no indoor pool. Too bad,I was looking foreword to one.

Room Tip: Ask if it really does have a sea view. I may be just the name of the building your in.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for your brief review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was sorry to learn that your cottage guestroom’s carpet showed signs of staining or lack of cleanliness from a housekeeping standpoint. Rest assured that I will make a point to discuss this with our housekeeping team immediately. Regarding our pools, both are in fact operated seasonally from May through October, my apologies for your disappointment.

We hope to have an opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please don’t hesitate contacting my office directly if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
mbriggs@chathambarinn.com
508.945.6710

Reviewed 22 December 2013

In need of a quick but relaxing trip without the kids, my husband and I booked a 2 night stay in CBI's spa suites. What a luxurious getaway! With its roaring fireplace, jacuzzi tub, steam shower and sauna, our roomy spa suite was first class in comfort and coziness. We enjoyed a lovely couples massage at the spa and had a wonderful dinner at The Sacred Cod Tavern in the main inn. The food and service were first-rate. After dinner, we retired to the beautifully decorated (for the holidays) South Lounge and enjoyed drinks in front of the huge fireplace. Out trip happened to occur during the Chatham Stroll and the CBI staff was so helpful in dropping us off and picking us up to and from Main Street in a Land Rover, incredibly promptly with just an easy phone call. This place knows how to make you feel like a priority and we will certainly be back.

1  Thank Katie T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!