“Great Sisters Weekend!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I purchased "Paint NIte" tickets for my sisters for Christmas and of course we had to stay overnight! Our room in the main Inn was truly amazing! Very spacious and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We enjoyed a light dinner in the Tavern before our painting event and it was perfect. The wait staff were very friendly. We enjoyed a yummy breakfast also the next morning. One of my sisters enjoyed the use of the gym equipment very much. I have stayed several times at CBI and will continue to do so in the future! This is an amazing place to go to relax and forget about whatever! You will leave relaxed and refreshed!

Room Tip: When I stay over during the winter months I like to stay in the Main Inn so I don't have to go o...
3  Thank buckeyegirl56
Write a ReviewReviews (1,889)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Once again, our stay at CBI was everything expected and beyond! Our room in the main hotel was luxurious, providing for every comfort! Speaking of comfort, I have never slept in a more comfortable bed! The great escape from reality started when we were met by our valet (Josh) who removed our luggage for us and, after we registered, escorted us to our room and pointed out all the ammenities available to us! The view from the deck looking over the bay was spectacular. Our entertainment that evening included participating in a "paint night" event which allowed us to mingle with others and have a delightful time. Our light supper in the Tavern was very satisfying. It is always such fun to roam the hotel and appreciate the history and the incredible maintenance that it must require to always present herself in the classy appearance she does! What a well dressed Lady! I was able to fully enjoy a great workout the next morning followed by a delicious breakfast, a dish I would not normally have available! I praise the staff for their attention to detail, their friendliness and helpfullness. We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at CBI for a couple of nights in the Summer. It is our second visit and this time we stayed in a cottage with lovely views over the bay. We spent our first evening on our balcony, having drinks looking at the seals swimming in the bay. Magical. The cottage was decorated to a very high standard - with a fire place with a gas fire, modern with a New England charm. We much preferred staying in the Cottage vs. the main house. We do find that the main hotel can take themselves very seriously - bordering on snobbish.

On the first evening we walked to the main hotel and ate in the restaurant. We were looking for a more relaxed setting - but there is a level of formality to the serving which is inflexible. It was obvious that we just wanted a more relaxed dinner but the waiter kept to the script.

The next day we had coffee on the main terrace - which again has lovely views over the harbor and enjoyed ourselves. This experience was more relaxed and less harried.

The location and accommodation is magical so we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at CBI in October 2013 for our anniversary. It was our first visit to this gorgeous resort and a big splurge for us. It was also our first trip away from our kids and we were really looking forward to peace, quiet, relaxation and beautiful surroundings. We were welcomed to our spa suite with a plate of cheese, crackers and fruit and a bottle of wine, which was a lovely surprise and a great start to our trip. We enjoyed our stay greatly, but felt as though for the cost of our stay, a few things could have been better.

Pros:

Large, spacious suite. We enjoyed using the spa tub and sauna, which was the primary reason we booked a suite.

Massage at the spa was nice. The service at the spa was lovely and the facility is beautiful and clean.

Buffet brunch was fantastic! We are still thinking about it. We are considering bringing our kids because we know they would enjoy it.

Lunch at The Sacred Cod was also very good. Overall the food at CBI was excellent and reasonably priced.

Excellent location! The resort's proximity to downtown Chatham was great. We walked into town one afternoon and rode our bikes to the bike path another day. We also enjoyed a walk on the beach one morning. Brief as it may have been, it was still relaxing.

We really enjoyed relaxing in the lounge after breakfast each morning, reading the paper and people watching. That might have been my favorite part of the stay!

Cons:

While half of the staff were super friendly and welcoming (what you would expect at a high end resort) others didn't seem to have the same demeanor or professionalism. Soon after we arrived and were enjoying our complimentary wine, we received a call. The staff asked if we had received our cheese plate and wine and card. My husband said we had, thank you. They asked about the card and said they thought they had delivered the wrong card to our room and could they change it. It was actually the correct card addressed to us so my husband said there was no need, but they still seemed confused. We'd been in the room less than five minutes and already we were being interrupted. The next day staff delivered mimosas and bottled water to our room while we were out. When we returned, we assumed they were complimentary as the wine had been. We were just about to enjoy them when there was a knock on the door. The staff person at the door told us they had been delivered by mistake and asked for them back. We were pretty surprised that the hotel didn't just comp the mimosas so as to not disturb us again. Little things like that seemed to us to be highly avoidable and definitely not the way to make your guests feel welcomed.

We had a first floor suite and there was a large group in the suite above us. The rooms do not have good noise insulation and we could hear every hoot and holler and their television turned up high. One person in the group wore high heeled shoes for most of the weekend and we were constantly hearing her heavy footsteps. We were disappointed. I would definitely make sure to ask for a second floor room at the spa if we were to stay there again.

Overall we really enjoyed our trip and we were glad we went. We do not usually splurge on expensive rooms and felt things should have been more seamless at that price. If you are a traveler who regularly spends a lot on hotel rooms, you might not have the same complaints, but if you are looking for good value you might feel disappointed with Chatham Bars Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J B
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Joanne H:

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to read through the Pros of your visit last October, I look forward to sharing with the various departments involved in making your overall experience a positive one.

I would however like to take an opportunity to also apologize for the embarrassing mistake made by our room service department. I am as disappointed as you must have been as we generally don’t make these kinds of errors, but if we do, it’s up to us to take full responsibility without negatively impacting the guest, which in this case we clearly fell short of both yours and my expectations. I fully intend to discuss your feedback with our dining team so that everyone has a clear picture on what to do, and what not to, when a scenario such as yours presents itself in the future.

I was also sorry to read that the occupants of the above spa suite were a nuisance throughout the weekend. We are always happy to contact occupants of a registered room in the event of a noise concern, if this were to happen again, please don’t hesitate contacting a member of our staff to provide assistance. Hotels can be tricky to keep sound proofed, especially in a quiet resort setting such as CBI, vs. a busy city hotel where large buildings are designed with adequate sound proofing in mind. I also plan to note your concerns regarding sound for us to reference for future improvement plans in the guestrooms.

Thank you again for your candid review and 4 star rating, positive and constructive feedback is very helpful to our constant strive for improvement. Happy Belated Anniversary and we look forward to seeing you again perhaps this October.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband, baby and I stayed at the Resort over Thanksgiving. What a resort, it was gorgeous! We stayed in one of the cottages, and it was probably a 2-3 minute walk to the main inn. We loved it, it had an old New England charm yet the rooms were very updated and elegant, not stuffy. Here is a review of the different areas:

1. Outdoors: I can't really comment since we went in November but the pool area and beach area look fun, we need to come back in the summer

2. Store: Took advantage of the Black Friday sale, what a gorgeous store with gorgeous bathing suits, cover ups and wonderful ladies helping you find what you want.

3. Restaurant: We had brunch which was delicious, can't really speak of dinner or lunch.

4. Gym: Tad on the smaller side and no view but if you come in summer you should exercise outdoors.

5. Lounge area: They have the most divine tea set area for babies/kids. It is an antique sofa and table, our baby loved it...it was a nice area to have tea and read a book

We went to Ptown over our trip and found this property to be very centric for exploring the Cape.

Room Tip: Do a cottage and try to do the beach front
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear MCastle83,

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was delighted to learn that your families stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday was enjoyable.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Happy New Year,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This January a group stayed in the Beach Side cottage at CBI. The cottage, only one of its kind, was a private 2 bedroom house with a kitchenette and washer and dryer and living room with pull out sofa. It was a little tight for 6 people, but defiantly better than other options. The room was right on the beach which was very nice, but also a little far from the main hotel. Sharon, one of the housekeepers was one of the nicest people we met at the resort, and did an amazing job cleaning the room and providing turn down service. She was very personable and nice and did a great job. The room service food was good, but the food at the Tavern was not up to par. We also called in the late morning to make a reservation for a cup of tea, and were told that they could not take us because we did not call 24hrs in advance. A little annoying, considering all we wanted was tea and not the food. The hotel was great when our washing machine broke, they let us give housekeeping a few items to wash, free of charge. Overall, a very nice hotel and nice quality rooms. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you want a private house for your group, make sure you ask for the "Beachside Cottage"
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read your comments on the unique comforts of our Beach side Cottage, it is the only free standing building that can sleep upwards of 8 guests in addition to its newly renovated galley kitchen area. I also look forward to letting Sharon in housekeeping know of you review, she will be thrilled as are we with your praise! I was sorry to learn that the in room washing machine malfunctioned, however it sounds housekeeping recovered for the inconvenience by offering to launder your items.

I will also share your comments regarding The Sacred Cod Tavern food and Tea policies with our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director, so that they too can review with their respective teams.

In all I am pleased that your overall experience with us was enjoyable. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me and booked the CBI spa suite we stayed in for our anniversary. The rooms are beautiful, the bed comfortable and we love the sauna and steam shower. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the hot water tanks in the spa building and we had no hot water. The front desk was extremely apologetic, wanted to change our room to a king delux ocean view (which I secretly wanted because I love the ocean - but since he went to so much trouble to book the same room we had before I had to take one for the team). The hotel then comped our stay which was appreciated but unnecessary as water tanks break unexpectedly all the time!! Despite the initial lack of hot water we had a fabulous time and can't wait to return! They do it right here and we love it! Thank you for helping to make the big 30 and 120 months so special!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!