“Delightful Stay!”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our stay was as always was wonderful. We have a lovely suite on the beach overlooking Chatham Harbor and the fish pier. The staff is one of the best - attentive and willing to help in any way possible. From Francine and Angela to Stan (helped with coffee maker) and Anne in the gift shop - thank you. The location is gorgeous and an easy walk to Main Street. It's always a treat to stay at the Chatham Bars Inn - we felt
relaxed and perfectly content by the end of our visit. We are looking forward to another visit next fall. If staying this summer - the beach is wonderful along with all the activity at the fish pier. You don't have to go far to have fun and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice - my favorite are the rooms in the houses across the street on the water...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you can't tell from the title, I love this place! I've been here in both the summer and winter and they each have their own unique charm. During the summer they have an outdoor gazebo bar and you can lounge with cocktails and then enjoy dinner outside by the beach. This past winter, my husband and I stayed in our own cottage and it was absolutely gorgeous and quaint, complete with amazing and comfortable furnishings and also a fireplace, with views of the beach! Please dine at Stars at least once during your stay here. You will be glad you did; however, dine later because for some unknown reason, some people actually think it's perfectly acceptable to take your young and unruly children here -- it isn't. If they could make a no kids dining option -- it would be here. Seriously, I have children and I know where I can and cannot take them. This is an absolute must-stay-at inn.

Room Tip: Please leave the kids at home or with the grandparents. You'll thank me later and so will ALL t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kspadegal
Reviewed 6 April 2014

By now, you know that the CBI has a beautiful setting and backdrop of the ocean and downtown Chatham. That is the best attribute this place has. I stayed here with my husband this past weekend on the first weekend in April, which is considered off season. Because of that, it was much more affordable. Good thing it was. I cannot imagine paying buku bucks that people spend to stay here in the summer. It's not worth $500 plus a night. Maybe I'm less impressed because I'm from Cape Ann, so I've seen the ocean and beaches before. Or maybe it's because when I spend hundreds of dollars per evening, I expect it to be top notch. We ended up in a seabreeze cottage, which was perfectly nice and decent space for just two evenings. The beds are horrible. They have a giant pillowtop on them which kills your back. i have back problems, so it was a nightmare for me, but even my husband left with a sore back. It's not necessary, just buy good mattresses. We popped into the Sacred Cod for an after dinner drink (had dinner off property) and to catch some of the final four at the bar. The two older guys at the bar were not friendly at all, yelled at a guy who got excited over the game (In a bar, at 8:30pm) and left us with empty glasses for over 15 minutes. I actually started timing it because I was so confused about why they wouldn't offer us another drink. Anyway, we went back to the room to relax and watch the rest of the game. On an expensive flat screen tv, which they don't bother to pay for HD on. What a waste. I expect that at the Hampton Inn, not at the CBI. We streamed it on a laptop for a better picture.
I know it sounds like there is a lot of negatives. In general, the place is nice, the proximity to downtown is good. It was great for a reduced rate off season weekend. I cannot even think of why people pay so much to stay here in peak season.

Room Tip: A king cottage does not mean there is a fireplace. Some do, some don't. Make sure you request...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachelle G
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Rachelle G,

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I was sorry to read that our bedding was not to your satisfaction based on the pillow top and duvet set up we provide in our rooms. All of our mattresses are either a high hotel quality grade Sealy or Tempurpedic brand, accompanied with a plush pillow top. I was also disappointed to learn that members of our staff were perceived as less than friendly towards a visiting patron, and for the lackluster service to your husband and you. Regarding our in room televisions, we are currently researching options for improved HD quality channels based on the limitations we have with our current cable provider.

I was happy to learn that certain aspects of your visit were nice, including our resorts setting and proximity to downtown Chatham. If you wish to discuss any of the above concerns with me, I would be happy to do so. My direct line is 508.945.6710.

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for visiting Chatham Bars Inn and look forward to welcoming you back under more pleasant and comfortable circumstances in the near future.

Regards,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Returned for another anniversary weekend and experienced another magnificent weekend.
On arrival we were greeted warmly by the staff and were assigned a cottage suite with a wonderful view of the ocean. Upon arrival in the room, we found a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a card from the hotel wishing us a happy anniversary. This was a very pleasant surprised, because I had not informed the hotel that it was our anniversary. Obviously, they kept this fact on record from our last stay 2 years earlier and realized we were back for another anniversary. Nice touch.
The room was spacious and fantastic. The view of the ocean and sunrises was spectacular. Even though it was off season, walks on the beach were pleasant. Lunch at the tavern was delicious and the servicer was very attentive. All-in-all another unforgettable weekend. We'll be back again.
I highly recommend the Chatham Bars Inn if you have a special event to celebrate.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have never written a review or posted feedback online for any of our trips or getaways. I always read the reviews on tripadvisor before booking a vacation or checking out a new place. I find the feedback extremely helpful and spot on! I wanted to make sure I finally added a review of my own for the Chatham Bars Inn. Honestly, I really don't know where to start... This place is so near and dear in my heart. My husband and I got married here last March and recently returned for our 1 year anniversary celebration. The hotel and location is absolutely gorgeous!! The only thing that can compete with the actual hotel is the amazing staff! We had the pleasure of working with Clarissa Davis for our wedding and she truly went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams! Clarissa also made us feel like we were her only client, which is incredible since she coordinates several weddings & events each week. During our stay last year the entire staff made sure we were enjoying our stay and had everything we needed. They truly catered to our every need. We had friends and family in from all across the U.S. and to this day they are still raving about their trip to CBI and how they were treated.It was truly a dream come true having our wedding at such a special place!

This past weekend we were lucky enough to go back and experience the same special treatment all over again. We ran into the valets when we first got there and they still remembered our names! We also saw Clarissa and she immediately greeted us, bought us a drink and sat with us to get caught up. Another treat was waiting for us in our room! When we walked in there was a very special note from the General Manager welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary!

We were sad to leave on Sunday but know that we will be back time and time again!

Debbie & Mike

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This place is really special. It has the feel of a gracious "grand dame"-style seaside hotel. Decor, views, common areas, rooms, and food are all top-notch. Our extended family has enjoyed many meals and celebrations here, and my husband and I have stayed as a couple several times. It isn't inexpensive to stay there, but is a splurge worth making.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Chatham bars inn for the murder mystery weekend. Everything was perfect, the staff, the rooms, the food. It was off season but you would never have known, everything was kept up perfectly.

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
The Chatham Wayside Inn
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!