Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had our wedding at the Boathouse at Chatham Bars Inn (CBI) on June 12, 2014. The week before the wedding we also stayed at CBI for 2 nights, as well as stayed at CBI the night of the wedding along with 2 of our closest friends. CBI was the perfect setting for our wedding. We could not have been happier. Our friends and family were also very impressed with the overall wedding. The venue, food and service was excellent and way exceeded our expectations, which were already very high.

Above all, Kate and Clarissa with CBI were amazing. Every phone call and email we sent was answered quickly and thoroughly. Every detail leading up to the wedding and on the actual wedding day was managed and executed with perfection. Having never been married before nor assisted with the planning of any wedding, this was a very daunting task for us. However, Kate and Clarissa made this process extremely easy and stress-free.

We look forward to visiting CBI again very soon.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Spa are amazing - absolutely 5 star. Also, if you have a family, the cottages faci...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,874)

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to the cape and even thought the weather was not great we could see how it could be fun. However there is no reason to pay the high prices at CBI. Rooms are clean but service is not worth the money. They treat you like a second class citizen and charge you like a millionaire ! Tried to preorder breakfast for a early morning departure and they told me they are too busy to help me. From the time we checked in to the time we left everything was that way. Like we were unconvincing them by being here. Try someplace else.

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank chouqui
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for your brief review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we greatly value your feedback. I am terribly sorry to learn that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations by way of service during your visit. Our team as a whole has performed exceptionally well thus far as we head into our peak season; however in this instance we clearly failed yours and my expectations. I would enjoy an opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail as to gain better insight on your feedback. I can be reached at 508.945.6710 anytime; please do call when you can.

We are committed to providing all of our guests a memorable experience through charming, personalized service and I hope to have an opportunity to better showcase our best hospitality next time.

Truly,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Recently stayed here to celebrate our anniversary and really enjoyed the room and the dining areas. The view of Chatham Harbor is really pretty and everything you might want to do or see is close by. We stayed in one of the cottages which are really large and very comfortable. The guys come and pick you up at any time to go to the beach or one of the restaurants. Its not cheap; but well worth the expensive to feel the grace and comfort of a beachfront resort.

Room Tip: All rooms look nice. Some more expensive than others.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived at this 5 star hotel for a business function to find a prepared and willing staff to assist with any questions we had. Front desk was very professional. The property is a world class resort situated right on the ocean. I was lucky enough to stay in a waterfront cottage! Wow! Highly recommend this spot for business, pleasure or both!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JECILUZZI
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We loved this hotel- it had all the old world charm of staying in a New England Resort from an era when families would take a few weeks vacation in the summer together without being dated. The service was impeccable and the hotel itself was charming. We had received a free night's stay with our hotels.com points and were booked into a standard room inside the main hotel- it was a very small room however beautifully decorated and had a clean, open, yet cozy feel to it- if we had had to pay for this room I probably would have been a little disappointed for the value. The bed was very soft and comfortable. Unfortunately we stayed during some abysmal weather and it was too foggy to see the ocean but I'm sure the view would have been spectacular. The main lounge provided a lovely place to sit and play chess. We did walk down to the pool area and beach just to see it and have promised ourselves a trip back for another time when the weather is hopefully better so that we can fully appreciate all that this resort has to offer. Would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been staying at the Chatham Bars Inn for about 5 years - as I usually do an annual work related function here. During my first trip 5 years ago, I was blown away by the everything (room, service, amenities, etc.) Then it changed...there were about 2 or 3 years of not being allowed to check-in until 6pm, the bellman losing my luggage for a few hours, the new soap dispensers falling off the walls, check into rooms with pizza boxes/trash left inside, rude staff and more. I was sad to see the place go down hill. But, on a recent trip, the former Chatham Bars Inn shined again. My husband mentioned something about a new manager. We were able to check-in early, staff were kind, everything was clean and service was great. The place brings you back in time to a classical cape experience. It's relaxing and they once again go out of your way to make your stay an unforgettable one.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage close to the water with a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelislifegal
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is our second time here at Chatham Bars Inn. The first time was during off season and it was a great stay, however this time it was a complete disappointment. First trying to call to make a reservation was a nightmare. I trued for two days. No one would answer the phone. I decided then to make my reservation through the Leaders Club in which I am an unlimited member. The Leaders Club had to call 3 times before being able to make the reservation. With Leaders Club you order one category down and if the hotel can they will upgrade you. The hotel agreed to upgrade us to an Ocean View Cottage Suite. They told us we could only have two queen beds and not a King. We accepted that. When we checked we realized that they put us in a downstairs Suite and we wanted upstairs as my husband wanted to take pictures. They were nit very nice about moving us but all the rooms they showed us were over the bait shop not good for taking pictures. We even volunteered to pay more money to get a room with a good view. We decided to stay put. We ordered room service and they forgot to give us silverware and napkins. They brought knives and forks but no spoons. We had order clam chowder. I called a second time to get spoons, oyster crackers and bread. They finally brought them. The clam chowder did not have any clams and one piece of a potato. Do not bother to order. There is great clam chowder in town. As a Leader Club member you are supposed to get a full breakfast. Not here, you are given a plate of fruit and three pastries. If you want breakfast you have to pay. I have travelled around the world at Leading Hotels of the World and have never had a problem getting a full breakfast. It seems this was the beginning of their summer season and the hotel staff was not ready for prime time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Chiili
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor, we appreciated your candid feedback. I am terribly sorry for our failure to meet your expectations on your most recent stay at Chatham Bars Inn. The lapses in service you described were certainly not representative of our service standards. Rest assured that I will review the issues you highlighted with the respective team members to ensure that we are taking the appropriate measures to prevent any future occurrences.

We have since revised our Leader’s Club breakfast offering based on your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly at 508-945-6801 so that I or my assistant, Coleen, may personally assist you. I will also have notes made in your guest history to reflect this offer.

I do hope that we may have an opportunity in the future to restore your confidence in our hospitality.

Kind regards,

John Speers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!