“Could've been better 👎”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I spent this past weekend at this resort and we're not happy. I will say the room we had was 1400 dollars a night and was very nice. I will also say that the workers from the valet to the bartenders were wonderful. The problem is that for 1400 dollars a day I would have thought we can eat on the grounds and frequent the spa. First I tried to make a reservation at the two main restaurants. It turned into an argument cause they initially said they couldn't accommodate us. Finally I was able to push my way in but was given not such an ideal time. What really upset us was it wasn't even busy for the time I asked for. The other restaurant we arrived 3 minutes before our reservation and the hostess informed us we had to wait because we were early ??? I explained to her the restaurant wasn't busy I don't understand. She informed me if we sat early the service would be bad and it was. The manager did come over to apologize for the service. I really felt the resort was poorly managed considering we On my way 3 restaurants in New York and I certainly wouldn't be turning away customers when my restaurant wasn't filled. Also I tried to make appointments at the spa and couldn't be accommodated for ANY service. They were over booked. I just feel for the money I spent I would've liked to enjoy some amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water and golf course were beautiful
6  Thank livvin
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Livvin:

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn on Trip Advisor, we value your candid feedback. I was pleased to read your positive comments regarding our staff and accommodations. I am truly sorry however to read through the remainder of your experience with regards to not being able to secure reservations for dining as well as in the spa. We have a number of systems in place such as proactively calling guests prior to check in, as a method to secure reservations in advance in effort to avoid what you encountered at CBI recently. I intend to follow up with the appropriate parties on our end to determine what happened with your seating time. In all, we fell short of yours and my expectations on multiple levels.

I would enjoy having an opportunity to talk with you further about your review in addition to providing proper resolution for the less than stellar impression we have left with you. My direct line is 508.945.6710 if you wish to reach out at a time convenient.
We pride ourselves on making every guest experience memorable and I do hope to have an opportunity to better showcase all that we do well, next time around.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Truly,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Thanks primarily to my job, I've had the luxury of staying in many 5 star hotels (7 stars in fact too) all over the world and I can honestly say that CBI ranks right up there at the top. We had a spa suite, which was heavenly. The staff are exceptionally professional, grounds are beautiful and I really can't fault anything. My only small niggle is I found the food to be quite expensive and salads were disappointing but other than that, this truly is a wonderful hotel. I had a small issue, which had nothing to do with the hotel, rather a rowdy group of guests but CBI management responded immediately to my concerns and in a very generous and professional manner. I am very, very impressed. Stay here if you can.

Room Tip: The spa suites are to die for but no views.
1  Thank Desertmadam
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We did not stay here but utilized the tennis facility and the the spa. Tennis was great; both Tucker and Connor were terrific. I would say most, if not all, of the people taking the tennis drill classes were not guests of the hotel. Many were Bostonians spending the summer on the Cape at their own homes or those renting a house (like us). Nice sized classes that were active and appropriate for the skill level of the participants and reasonable prices.

I got a pedi from Sarah at the spa; she was also very good. The facility was nice and you can use the pool before or after.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in a room in the Cape Rose beach front cottage and were delighted with the ocean view. All the right touches were present in the room - free wi-fi, complimentary water, fridge for personal use, robes, slippers, Nespresso machine, L'Occitane toiletries. I wasn't keen on the shutters closing all the light from the room (we did manage to open a couple but not all open at once) and the beds require a pole vault to get onto to, but I realise that is authentic New England style. Being able to walk to the beach or pool and have loungers and umbrellas set out with towels for us was very relaxing. The complimentary boat shuttle across the water to the Atlantic beach was great, and seeing the seals swimming around was a novelty for us. No mistake, this is a pricey hotel, but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It has been a long time since I have journeyed to a destination that has taken my breath away - and I travel a lot!
We arrived to celebrate my 60th birthday and not for even a moment were we disappointed.
The rooms are charming, the staff attentive, the food exquisite and the view, romantic.
We had two of our group meals in private dining rooms - great idea for large groups of 12 - 20 people.
We're going back next year and can hardly wait!

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms are exquisite and well worth the higher cost. To wake up each morning to the Ca...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

When we visualized our trip to Cape Cod, we knew that at least one trip on a REAL sailboat was a must. The Chatham Bars Inn had a beautiful sailboat! Our pilot or sailor unsure of his title was terrific. He was a teacher during the school year, and a sailor during the summer. We purchased the one hour trip called "Sail to the Seals". There was very little wind, but our sailor made the trip absolutely breathtaking. I felt like one of the Kennedy's at Hyannisport! This hour made our trip complete. It was pricey, but totally worth it!

Room Tip: Worth the money!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank pgreene42
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Being in the middle of my visit, I only hope the rest of the week is as wonderful as the first half. This is one of the top resorts I have ever visited. Normally I don't notice the staff but everywhere you go they are being helpful. Water, drinks and beach towels from nice young staff. Brought me coffee as I enjoyed looking at the ocean outside the main building. My husband needed something salty quickly and the gift shop found me some peanuts very quick someplace in the hotel. The landscaping is right out of a magazine, the rooms and linens are lovely. What a great location, I am loving it. Do I have to go home?

Room Tip: This is a very expensive hotel so I didn't opt for the ocean view, but with a golf course view I...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Blue Water on the Ocean
#6 of 21 in South Yarmouth
The Chatham Wayside Inn
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!