“Classic hotel married with updated amenities and style, which made for a perfect wedding!”

Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
West newbury
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We had a small wedding at the Boat House at CBI. Clarissa Davis made the wedding perfectly seamless. From helping find a band to running last minute errands on the day of the wedding, she exemplified what the overall service experience was like from beginning to end at the resort. There were endless locations to take photographs and endless spots to relax and simply enjoy the beauty of the coastline. We would without hesitation recommend CBI for a wedding no matter the size. It was a true pleasure for us to marry at their venue.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My parents were visiting and I was raving about this little hotel in Chatham that we needed to go to- Oh my god, they will probably never follow my recommendation.
We arrived to the hotel from the Nantucket ferry and yes, I believe check-in is at 4pm and we got there at 3pm, so completely understandable that the two beachfront rooms were not ready- alright...they ultimately were able to have one room at 3:30. We had asked for that room to have a crib- was there a crib? Of course not....
I called at 4pm and asked if my parent's room was ready, and the lady said that there was no reservation, umm, ok, here is the reservation number, um still no, she finally found it and said they were finishing up the room and we could start lugging up the bags to the second floor- sure! Ask my older dad to carry suitecases up to the second floor, no problem...
We started lugging them up and the doorway was open- suddenly a female housekeeper and a male (not sure what he was doing)? come out of the room laughing and eating popcorn....yes, eating popcorn- my parents never even get room service because they are put off by food in the room- she says they were just "inspecting" everything was fine- hum ok...
Well apparently you forgot to inspect that both the fireplace and the heat was broken.
I was mortified- this is not the Chatham Bars Inn we visited a few months back...
Overall, I chose to up the rating because the staff at the lounge and the nice Columbian waitress in the main dining room were incredible but overall not something you expect for a luxury hotel- I feel torn because the first time was incredible and this was full of glitches- not sure if I will give it a third try or try Wequessett instead....

Room Tip: Splurge for the beach front, it is so nice to see the boats out in the distance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
resortmanagercbi, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear MCastle83:

Thank you for your recent review of Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to read through your comments on our performance for your second visit.
I would enjoy having an opportunity to discuss your feedback together; we clearly were not on point in a number of areas which is disappointing to me, especially regarding your staff interaction with our housekeepers. My direct line is 508.945.6710.

We appreciated the positive accolades for the lounge and dining room staff. I look forward to sharing both the good and constructive aspects of your review with multiple departments involved.

Thank you again and I hope to speak with you soon, as well as inviting your family back for a visit that is more reflective of all that we do well at Chatham Bars Inn.

Regards,

Michael Briggs
Resort Manager
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
mbriggs@chathambarsinn.com
508.945.6710
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at The Chatham Bars Inn in early June of 2014, and the whole experience went above and beyond our greatest expectations.
From beginning to end, the catering/wedding staff was incredibly professional and friendly and organized, and always got back to us quickly regarding all questions or concerns. Additionally, the entire hotel staff as a whole was incredibly accommodating and responsive to our needs.
I cannot say enough about our experience there and if we could do it all over, we would not change a thing! Well, maybe we'd stay at the hotel a few days longer!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 2 August 2014

CBI (as the locals call it) is about as good as it gets on Cape Cod. After a 35 year absence, we returned to the Cape and were glad we spent the extra $ to stay here...it sustains the old Cape Cod experience and makes for an excellent vacation spot. Many parts of Cape Cod were short of expectations (Hyannis in particular) but CBI made up for that, and Chatham is the perfect base for accessing everything in the area.
Ask for an upper level cottage room with a direct ocean view (south of the road)...the extra cost will be worth it.

Room Tip: Ocean view beach front cottage - upper suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have been going to CBI for many years. Things have changed over the years, mostly for the better. The service has improved greatly! So many nice touches: the hotel has 2 BMW suv's that will take you downtown day or night and all you have to do is call and they come take you back to the hotel when you are ready. There is a boat that will take you to north beach, we just went for the ride back and forth, really nice! There is still complimentary coffee in the south lounge in the morning- although you cannot sit on the porch/veranda anymore, it is now part of the restaurant.
However, there are chairs and tables off to the side on the lawn area which have an even better view. So relaxing in the morning. The beach and pool service has improved dramatically. There are servers walking around all the time asking if you want a drink or food. They even bring you water without having to ask. Oh, before I forget- wifi and yes, on the beach!!! I think the biggest difference is in the quality of the food. The small plates on the Veranda were priced well and very good. The al la carte breakfast menu in the dining room was excellent. Try the brioche french toast, best I have ever had! Staff was very friendly and attentive, much improved. The younger service staff actually seemed to want to help you enjoy your stay and seemed genuine. They still have the manager's cocktail party. It is now on Wednesday night instead of Saturday night. Great drinks and appetizers. We met Kathleen Kemple, VP of guest services, soo nice! She is wonderful! This is a special treat on Cape Cod, not to be missed. A must visit and in my opinion, the only place to visit on the Cape.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very expensive. No tip other than, save your money so you can afford a room here!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank phoebe24
CT
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We've been going back to Chatham Bars Inn for the past 16 years. My son was in the Beach Buddies programs (4-6 year olds), and this year, we celebrated his 21st birthday during our stay. Wow. The place just keeps getting better. Thanks CBI for some great family memories.

Room Tip: Cottages tend to be more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CT_Traveler1515
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 July 2014

CBI is a classic---gorgeous, meticulously maintained, and family friendly. Recently visited the spa which was great. Highly recommend the 'cabana massages' where the massage of your choice is given in an outdoor cabana on the adjoining patio (still very private). Breeze was so nice and relaxing. Very nice locker room with great steam showers and sauna. After having a service you have access to the quiet pool/hot tub which is very relaxing (you can order lunch there if you'd like). OVerall, the Spa was an excellent experience from start to finish. We go to CBI every year during our annual visit to Chatham (for dinner/clambake/drinks), but this was my first experience at the spa.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TLHM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!