“Arguably the best South Indian restaurant in the Boston area”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Madras Grill

Madras Grill
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve traditional Indian cuisine in a festive atmosphere. With Madras grill dining, you will find enticing flavors, exotic ingredients and mouth watering selections. You will definitely not go hungry in Madras Grill and the prices will suit every pocket.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Arguably the best South Indian restaurant in the Boston area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I eat here every week. Sometimes, more than once.

The restaurant serves authentic south Indian food. This is a distinct niche, and in short supply in the Boston area.

The lunch buffet on the weekends is particularly good, if you want to try that do it on Sunday's when they have more of a South Indian flavor than Saturdays (when you have more North Indian stuff as well).

Try the Kothu Paratha, particularly a good option ...

• Visited August 2013

“Yummy Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I loved the buffet at Madras Grill. I had taken a friend who has never tried indian food before. She had such a great range of food - from vegan to all the different north indian food.
We love their biryani, shahi paneer. Their appetizers had a great selection - pakodas and chicken 65. We had great service and i love the ample space compared to the other indian restaurants. This is one of the better indian food places in the NH, MA area. We were excited to discover it!
They also cater to occassions - like birthdays. Its a great find

• Visited March 2013
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant. It's our favorite Indian food in the area. Their lunch buffet is really diverse and has a lot of great vegetarian options for me. We eat here regularly (~ once per month) and always take friends and family here when they are visiting.

• Visited March 2013
Boston
“Best Indian food you will find in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Madras Grill has some of the best Indian food you will find in the Middlesex County area, and possibly the state.

First off, any reviewing based on the lunch buffet should not even bother commenting. Its a buffet, how sensational do you expect it to be?? From what I gather from my wife, the buffet it still very good, but yes, not as good as dinner.

For those going for dinner, the dishes are very authentic (this place is run/owned by folks of Indian descent, so it is odd when people say it is authentic") and you can have any dish prepared to any hotness level you like. The chicken vindaloo and chicken or lamb tikka marsala are outstanding. Their fresh naan is out of this world and great to dip in the sauces.

The decor is great, its a small place, with a small bar area, but many cozy booths to relax in and savor your meal.

you wont go wrong having a meal here!

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good Authentic Indian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Went here with the other half on a miserable Sunday afternoon in January. First thing I noticed was the aroma when we stepped inside, promising...the second was that the inside was nicer than it would appear from the outside, especially considering its tucked towards the end of a relatively hidden strip mall across from an abandoned StopNShop/Marshalls in Chelmsford town. Not an especially memorable interior but open bright and clean with booth and table seating, a private room and a nice small bar. I'll first state that I'm a fan of Indian cusine in general and have eaten it in different regions of India as well as in the UK and other countries, sorry if that sounded like a boast, but just wanted to give some basis for my review. I dont like buffets...was going to order from the menu but took a look at the buffet out of curiosity, and decided I'd go for it based upon the selection available and the fact that the food turned over constantly. The chicken Tikka Marsala was as good as anywhere I've had it and the heat and flavor level in some of the other dishes was great which was a surprise for a buffet and for our watered down American palates( not sure thats true but it seems most Indians think we cant handle a bit of spice and treat us accordingly!) This is an exception, if you are near the area its definetly worth a visit even if you arent normally a fan of Indian, this is better than most and will either confirm that Indian is not for you, or convert you to what it should taste like. I will add that the service was very prompt, polite and plentiful but as it was a buffet lunch interaction was limited.I will be returning with some family in the future and will add a review of the menu based dinner.

• Visited February 2013