“What a relief to finally have a great sushi restaurant nearby!”
Review of Sushi Yanagi

Sushi Yanagi
Ranked #15 of 76 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve delicious Japanese food
MA
“What a relief to finally have a great sushi restaurant nearby!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I love sushi, but aren't willing to truck into Boston to get it (we live an hour west) but like to order out once in a while. The closest restaurants to us have either gone down hill or out of business, so we've been stuck ordering from our local Chinese restaurant, who also happens to do sushi. Not bad, but not great.

They don't do sushi on Tuesdays and I was stuck trying to find someone else to order from. I searched online and came up with Sushi Yanagi in Chelmsford. A little further drive than Nashua, but they have the Sushi/Sashimi deluxe dinners that my husband loves. And they have have an app (BeyondMenu ) where you can order online (no more having to explain the sushi I want for the umpteenth time!) AND get $10 off for orders over $50. They also participate with Open Table for reservations, though I don't think it's a big issue.

Placed my order and drove over. My husband LOVES mackerel but can rarely get it. Sushi Yanagi had it, and it was the best he's had in ages. The rest of the sushi was fresh and gorgeous and delicious. MIso soup was wonderful and the salad had that great ginger dressing I crave from hibachi places. The woman who greeted me was very nice and checked over my order before I took it. The restaurant itself is small but quiet and lovely. I think we'll go for dinner in next time. Can't recommend it enough!

• Visited April 2014
Drinkwater P, Public Relations Manager at Sushi Yanagi, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed having you dine with us and look forward to your return soon!

Litchfield, New Hampshire
“highly recomended”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The food was excellent, the textures in the sushi rolls added much to the experience.
The Thai Curry soup was spicy and unique.
The service is also very good, attentive and quick but not obtrusive.
The quantity was appropriate and price was very reasonable.
My wife and I have been there four times now and intend to keep going.
Sushi Yanagi is our new favorite Asian restaurant for the area.
-SLW

• Visited December 2013
North Chelmsford, Mass
“Great sushi, and other stuff too”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Sushi Yanagi is pretty new (it's where Evzon used to be). This was our first time there, but it won't be our last. We started with a mix of nigiri and maki. The nigiri was Unagi (eel), which my wife loves, and Tobiko (flying fish roe), which I love. The maki were specialty rolls; Out of Control (spicy salmon, avocado, tuna and yellowtail); and Dragon (eel, cucumber, and avocado). The prices are a bit higher than some other sushi places, but there was more fish too. The ingredients combined for not only a great taste, but also for a great texture; a nice mix of smooth and crunchy. We also got the beef short ribs (which were on special). The flavor was good, but they were a little greasy. And we got the Thai Curry chicken; which was as good or better than anything you could get at a fine Thai restaurant. Unlike most places, it wasn't just a few pieces of chicken and veggies floating in a bowl of curry soup; it had just enough curry sauce to make it perfect. My only gripe is that they charge extra for brown rice. They did a wonderful job decorating; Evzon was a bit of a dump. It's a great atmosphere. All in all, it's a great place to go.

• Visited July 2013