“Excellent Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bradenton, Florida
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We were delighted to discover this fine hotel with great rooms, a fabulous outdoor pool and very modest prices. The room was clean, very well furnished and came with mini-fridge, microwave and free WI-fi for under $100 a night. There is an excellent free hot breakfast that makes the stay and even better bargain. We had a K-cup coffee maker for excellent in room coffee.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the pool. Street side is noisier
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank William G
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the many wonderful amenities we offer to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Our staff works VERY hard to see to all your needs and we appreciate you recognizing them for their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Crossing from New Brunswick to Ontario (while avoiding the dreaded Quebec dun dun dun), my wife, 3 month-old and I stayed here. While I have heard some horror stories about customer service in Mass. I was delighted to find them to be untrue. Our hotel staff were outstanding and very efficient. The hotel is a bit dated and could use some upgrading in the shared areas and, in particular, the death-trap elevator. The rooms, however, were great and more than met the standard.
The hotel is located in Chelmsford where, while I didn't get to see any, if you ask the front desk they can direct you to a series of great activities close by. There is great access to and from the highway, free internet and a nice looking pool.
We were going to use our Best Western points to book the room and, after a quick word with the staff, decided on the military discount instead of burning the points on half a night.
I met up with an American Army buddy and his wife and we all had dinner at Moonstones, which was fantastic and I highly recommend it!
Overall we would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dullege
Marge O, Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
I'm glad our staff was able to change your mind about the customer service in Massachusetts. We take pride in our hotel and the customer service we provide. I was also pleased to see you enjoyed your evening at Moonstones Restuarant - it is my favorite place.
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I really did love this hotel, but might see it different then most other people do. I brought my family here for a stay-cation. We a rich by no means, but worked hard the summer to save enough to come here. When I saw all the awesome things this place had to offer (things of course we don't have at our home) it made me mad, that able bodied welfare get to live here for free enjoying all these amenities on the tax payers dime. The house keeping, swimming pool, beautiful rooms with flat screen tvs and all the other wonderful things someone could review about. I couldn't help but think that my family works over time, when they get it for free! I am just one small voice though... Like I said, I look at things different.

• Stayed August 2012
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn for your families "stay-cation". I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the swimming pool, beautiful rooms with flat screen tvs and all the other wonderful things we offer. We appreciate your business and hopefully you'll come back again soon.
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here on the way home from Maine and found a nice hotel awaiting us. There was a thunderstorm that evening that knocked out the phones, but everyone was helpful in assisting us. The two biggest problems are the aging elevator and the bathroom fan that sounds like an airplane is taking off, but I consider these minor. Overall I thought it was a good place to stay snd would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn as a safe haven from that horrific lightening/thunder storm that knocked out our telephone system and swimming pool filtering system. Our staff went above the "call of duty" that night to ensure our guests needs and satisfaction. I can assure you we will address the bathroom fan "that sounds like an airplane is taking off" and make it sound like a "airplane that is flying smoothly and silently". Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon
Lakeshore, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

In July/12 I was motorcycling home from the east coast. I was about halfway home after a 12 hour ride and I saw the Best Western sign on the Interstate. I stopped in with no reservation. The desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. I asked for a King non-smoking room and she had one for me and gave me CAA/AAA rate. She said that I could park my motorcycle under the canopy at the entrance in case it rains and so the night staff will be able to keep an eye on it. I thought that was great. The hotel was clean. I got to my 2nd floor room and was great. It was bigger than average and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was busy yet very quiet. I did not stay for the free breakfast. Check out was great. The clerk was the guy who had been on all night and knew that it was my motorcycle he'd been watching. He was very funny. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Marge O, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn and for recognizing our outstanding staff that is dedicated to customer service. We strive to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay with us. It is unfortunate that you did not have the time enjoy our complimentary HOT breakfast buffet which offers a variety of fruits, yogurts, cereals, waffles, hard boiled and cooked eggs, bacon or sausage, breads, pastries and beverages. Hopefully you were able to enjoy a cup of coffee in your room with our new Keurig coffee makers. Our large, spacious guestrooms also feature free 37" flat screen televisions, high speed internet access and refrigerators in every room. Hopefully you will be able to come back this way and enjoy our outdoor pool, Fitness Center or Moonstones Restaurant and Lounge.
Fredericton, NB
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My family and I checked in to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chelmsford Inn on Aug 4 & 5th. We used our Air Miles plan for this and it was what Air Miles had recommended. My only real critierias was that I wanted a non-smoking room, pool and breakfast included.

When we checked in, we were told that a rain storm had knocked out the phones, as well we could not use the pool. Not a huge deal, as it was fairly late by that time. The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful, I must point out. When we went to the 2nd floor, we were hit with this terrible smell. It felt like a cross between cherry cough syrup and used diapers. It was so bad, I literally had to hold my hand over my mouth. Thankfully the room did not have the smell. The bathroom was missing the hair dryer and everything felt old and damp.

The breakfast room was very small and had about 8 tables. Pretty unacceptable for a hotel this size. We went out for the day and when we came back, we asked if we could use the pool. We were told that it was closed due to a rain storm. Hmm, it rained slightly hours earlier and it was still closed? Anyway, we went to bed and when I climbed in the covers, I noticed that there was blood smeared on the comforter. It was midnight by then and I just left it. We told the kind lady at reception about it and she said she would have moved us (our kids were already asleep at this point). She also said the room should have had a hair dryer. Between the blood and the horrible smell on the 2nd floor, we would never stay here again. Which was too bad, as we normally quite like Best Western's and I purposely asked Air Miles to recommend a Best Western for us.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ghostpoo
Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm sorry to hear that it was not a pleasant one. That horrific thunder, lightning and rain storm not only knocked out our telephone system, it also shut down the pump and filtering system to the swimming pool preventing us from opening the pool for safety reasons. Unfortunately, this occurred on the weekend and the service vendor was not able to make repairs until Monday morning. Our Housekeeping staff and myself are embarrassed by the comments regarding the odor in the hallway and the condition of the room but please be rest assured that it was not blood on the comforter but a stain that was not removed with bleach and laundering and the comforter should have been destroyed. Again, please accept my sincere apology that you were not abble to experience the clean, comfortable rooms and outstanding customer service that we are known for. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you soon.
Schenectady
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I have traveled quite a bit since we have both retired. We usually go to b and b's but decided to try a regular hotel. The reviews for this hotel were good and the price was very fair. We were greeted very nicely and given our keys. When we entered the room (it felt like a suite), we were pleasantly surprised at the size and furnishings we found. The king bed was most comfortable, a large flat screen tv was a joy for my wife. I enjoyed the breakfast. The price was right with interesting choices. What I learned on this stay is that Best Western now offers three levels of lodging - standard, deluxe, and something that must be luxury. The Chelmsford is listed as a deluxe and we immediately noticed how nice that label can be. We still love the b and b experience because of the other visitors we normally encounter but if you want a comfy bed, quiet room, and a spacious room, give this one a try.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjkuzma1
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words in recognizing the hard work of our staff. Our team is truly dedicated to customer service and I'm glad it shows. I look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover

Been to Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn? Share your experiences!