“clean accommodations with all the basics”

Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chelmsford
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed during active renovation without advance knowledge or warning, and told on check-in that my room may or may not have new wallpaper (or could be in process). Hallways old, room had been redone and was comfortable. Had sleep # beds I couldn't figure out. Liked TV entertainment options, A/C worked well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
TSully_12, General Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Elizabeth Y,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Yes we are in an active renovation of the hallways in one of our buildings. I apologize that you were not notified until your arrival. The project should have been completed 2 weeks ago, but being at the mercy of contractors it has been pushed back.

We hope to see you again when your travels brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wallpaper is falling off the walls, mold growing in the tiles of the bathroom, and bugs in the room... I think that about speaks for itself. It was the worst hotel experience I've had in a long time. I checked out after one night and moved to a different hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel if you don't like sleeping because you are afraid of a two inch catapillar/spider/water bug hybrid finding its way into bed with you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joshua S
TSully_12, General Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear jmfortin,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. With the help of the Town of Chelmsford we are working on relocating the smoking areas near our entrances. I will speak to the desk staff regaring their manner in addressing our guests and certainly the lifeguards. I apoligize that you were not happy with them. The hallways are in the missdle of rebovations, we are having the carpet, wallpaper and cove base replaced. Not that I am at liberty to expose who the guests are in our hotel, but we are not housing any section 8 persons at this hotel. We have however some people staying due to a large apartment fire in the area. These folks have lost everything and we are trying to make thier situation a bit easier for them.

We do hope you will try us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a suite for a three night special price. Very nice and clean with comfortable beds. We had enough room so people could visit with us while we were in town. Nice restaurants in the area to check out, try Fish Bones in the center of town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ellen333,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay with us. We hopr you choose to stay with us again when your travels brings you back to our area!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying the room was clean and the staff (mostly) pleasant. And no complaints on the location. That's all the good.
When we arrived--around 6pm on Sunday August 3--I noticed a number of people sitting and standing around the entrance doors. All were smoking cigarettes and several were blocking the sidewalk. There was also a taxi smack in the middle of the driveway, no way to go around him/her. My daughter, her friend and I walked through the haze and felt quite uncomfortable. Checked in, no problem; staff was friendly. Our room was in the end building of the property near the Independence Bar and Grille entrance. Again, more smokers clustered around the entrance.
My daughter and her friend went to the pool and I followed along behind them by a few minutes. Front desk staff very rudely informed them they could not swim without an adult present. I get that and I'm fine w that, just don't see any need to be rude. Lifeguard was also rude--seemed very bored and arbitrarily making up rules.
Around 10pm we left the property to purchase some snacks at a local convenience store. AGAIN with the smokers--and this time they were smoking pot! Right outside the front doors!!! Is no staff paying attention?! At this point I called the front desk and told them I would leave if I could but Westford hotels were sold out and the Best Western in Chelmsford is also a dump. I pointed out that there were people smoking and hanging out at every entrance, which makes a bad impression, and now there were people smoking pot. I told them if they were there when I returned I would be calling the police. Upon returning a Chelmsford police car was driving through the lot.
I will say that the rooms were quiet and we had no problems during the night. And, again, the room was clean, although our hallway could use some work.
After speaking to a friend I found out that the State of MA now uses this hotel as overflow for Section 8 housing. It would have been nice if the hotel would let fits paying guests know this before/check-in.
For our return trip through the area, we will be staying at the Regency in Westford.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jmfortin
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff was very helpful: the woman at the front desk when I arrived was friendly and knowledgeable regarding where I could find a good meal that met my dietary needs, and the room service/kitchen staff were also very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
TSully_12, General Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Lore M,

Thank you for sharing your expierence with us. We are glad you enjoyed your room and amenity we have to offer. We hope to see you again when you are traveling back to our area.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. But the hotel needs a serious makeover. I stayed there for business and therefore it was okay. I would not chose it as a leisure hotel. The restaurant on premises needs to be updated too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
TSully_12, General Manager at Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear GUnter K,

Thank you for sharing your expierence with us. We are in the process of updating parts of the hotel including the restaurant. we hope you will visit again when the renovatiosn are completed.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very good stay. Last minute change of plans...they came through. Very helpful, very accommodating. Room was spacious, clean, up-to-date. Made a great recommendation for dinner (and not at the hotel.) Pleased with their service. Very good stay. Last minute change of plans...they came through. Very helpful, very accommodating. Room was spacious, clean, up-to-date. Made a great recommendation for dinner (and not at the hotel.) Pleased with their service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Arthur K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay again.

Happy travels,

TobiAnn Sullivan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
The Stonehedge Hotel and Spa

Been to Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell? Share your experiences!