“Comfortable, convenient to airport. Love being able to...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Comfortable, convenient to airport. Love being able to leave my car and get a ride to and from the airport.

1  Thank Linda W

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip headed back home from Massachusetts. Overall: I would definitely go back to this hotel, which was very nice in its rooms and amenities. I hope if I do go back, however, the front desk staff has had additional training.

Room: spacious, comfortable, good beds, plenty of pillows, nice TV, comfortable armchair with an attached and positionable table for laptop work if you don't want to use the desk. Quiet, even with a room facing the street, because it's in a somewhat commercial area so not much traffic at night.

Restaurant: Reasonable prices, not jacked up like many hotel restaurants. Great service, good food, and a very pleasant atmosphere.

Staff: Check in wasn't the smoothest - I was with a group of people all checking into separate rooms at the same time. Rooms were pre-paid, and when asked for a card to cover incidentals, one person's card was declined. The hotel staff was not at all discreet, nor flexible, about this. They eventually checked the party in, but frankly not without carrying out negotiations for a cash deposit in full voice and with a condescending tone. Then I asked the same person for late check out (on a Monday) because my flight home wasn't until evening, and got the same condescending tone and treatment.

The next day, the staff was much better. Got my late checkout no problem, even an hour later than what staff the night before had said was possible. Got directions for a walk around the area, and information about local shopping.

The hotel is located in Chelsea, in a somewhat industrial area, but not far from the center of Chelsea. Within a couple of blocks is a full service supermarket, and a shopping center with a TJ Maxx, Starbucks, a few other stores and a casual dining restaurant. I took a nice daytime 4 mile walk around town, and felt comfortable throughout. Not sure I would do this at night, not knowing the neighborhood, but overall felt very comfortable.

1  Thank Sylviemcgee

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2014

When we arrived in Boston, I called the hotel and asked if they could send the shuttle. They told me to call back once I had my luggage,it came after ten minutes so I called back and the line was busy. I kept trying, I tried my cell phone, the house phone at the airport, still couldn't get through. After about a half hour I called the 800 number for Wyndham and they tried to get through and couldn't. They apologized and said I should take a cab, which meant two cabs with our bags. Finally after about an hour and a half we called the Residence Inn next door and they kindly picked us up and brought us to the Wyndham. When I went in to speak to the manager, she insincerely apologized and said the phone was on sleep mode "by mistake". When I tried calling the general manager, he was never available to speak to me and no one from upper management ever contacted us to apologize or compensate us in any way for our trouble. I will definitely stay ay the Marriott in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheila C
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I am very sorry for the problems that you encountered with our phone system during your recent stay. The problem that occurred was temporary and very unfortunate and I truly apologize for the delay and the inconvenience that this caused. If you would like, you can call the hotel and ask for me directly and I would love to be given the opportunity to make this up to you. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the area that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!