“BED BUGS AND RUDNESS!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Providence, Rhode Island
“BED BUGS AND RUDNESS!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was surprised to find that my fiancé booked us a room at a Wyndham Hotel. Being a former Wyndham guest with unfortunate services, I was mortified and warned him we'd be in for a non pleasant experience. And he quickly realized what I meant. We were "greeted" at check in on Friday, May 16 with complete disdain for or mere presence. Realizing we needed an extra room for our friends, we got rudely barked at that they were all booked up. Understandable, so we squeezed together for one night. The first room was okay, but had an odd smell to it. We went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast the next morning and the service would have been better from a disgruntled employee at McDonalds than what we got at Wyndham. It took 20 minutes just to get our coffee. And forget about ordering food. You'll wait an hour. Pay the extra for the mediocre buffet, but don't expect an omelette, as the chef making them kept back talking to the guests. I was in shock. My fiancé and I ended up getting the extra room for the next night (Saturday, May 17). We had taken a nap before we took our guests out to see the city and woke up with bites on my legs. Later that night when going to bed, we pulled down the covers to discover bed bugs crawling around! We were mortified and immediately went to notify the front desk. The woman that night was kind to us and immediately got us a new room. But when we walked in that new room, it looked like housekeeping only did a careless job preparing it as beds were sloppily made, random lights left on, doors left open, etc. My fiancé and I stripped the bed completely to ensure no bugs this time, but still felt incredibly uncomfortable. We could not wait to get out of there and checked out first thing next morning!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Cpritt4752
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at Chelsea Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I truly regret your experience at our hotel as the issues that you outlined are not to the first class service and facility amenities that we strive to offer on a daily basis. We have had our third party company inspect and treat the room and I have addressed your service concerns with my front office manager and food & beverage manager. The hotel is committed to offering a great guest experience in all areas of our operation and I do apologize that this was not completely the case during your stay. I welcome you to contact me directly so that I can address your concerns with you to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your business.

David, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Close to the airport yet far enough away from noise levels. Good clean hotel with decent breakfast menu and buffet available. Super fast wifi available in room. Very efficient check-in and check-out and friendly desk staff.Free shuttle to airport every 1/2hour.
would stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I’m glad that you selected our hotel for your stop-over at Logan Airport and happy to hear that our location, complimentary airport transportation, room accommodations, and dining offerings worked well for your brief trip. Thank you for your business and we hope that your travels bring you to our hotel in the future.
Dallas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff, super fast wifi! I am a happy traveler. Booking through the hotel site was above my expense budget, however, booking through hotels.com made it right on target!

There is a restaurant inside the hotel that has amazing homemade clam chowder. If you don't want to fool with Boston traffic like me, stop by the restaurant and eat. I also had some other items from the menu as well. Fresh food, excellent prices, and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I’m very happy that you enjoyed our stay and that our rates provided good value for your travel plans. I also appreciate the recommendation about our food and beverage and that you enjoyed our very popular home-made clam chowder. I will be sure to share your comments with our executive chef. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit
Chelsea
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wonderful one night stay to : stay, park and fly. Rooms comfortable and clean. Location close to Logan with a shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour. Staff very nice and helpful. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WynChelseaGM, General Manager at Chelsea Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
I am very happy to read that your stay was so enjoyable and I’m glad that our hotel, location, and amenities worked well for your travel plans. I truly appreciate the 5 star rating and your recommendation. Thanks again and we hope to see you back with us soon at the Wyndham Boston/Chelsea.
David, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
enVision Hotel Boston-Everett
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
TownePlace Suites Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport

Been to Chelsea Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!