DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After getting stranded in Boston due to weather, I ended up at Wyndham Chelsea for a night. I was told to wait for the shuttle at the airport - after 25min I took a cab as there was no shuttle in sight. The trip to/from the airport is 15min - when I was checking in, the shuttle driver was just calling to say he's coming back, so probably he never left when they told me, but much later. The room is OK, but cleaning attention lacks. There was some takeout trash in one of the garbage cans and a toddler sock on the desk chair. I was there for a night and it was late, so I just ignored it. I tried to catch some sleep, but some noisy and unattended kids kept knocking on doors and slamming them; a couple of times they called the phone in my room so I just disconnected the phone to get some sleep. I was lucky to get on an early flight next day and took a cab as the shuttle only leaves at certain times and didn't want to take a chance of staying there for another night. Before leaving, I shared with the young man at the front desk the issues with the noisy neighbors and he just said "Ah, sorry." Tried printing my boarding pass on one of the Windows XP computers and nothing worked. The young man suggested I reset the computer - which I did, with no results. By then, my cab was there... All in all, if you're desperate for a room 3miles away from the airport, go for it, but don't expect 5* treatment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank di68

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the problems with cleanliness and service that you encountered. I do share our guest feedback with my staff as his is how we take the steps to improve. We strive on a daily basis to ensure our all our guests have a positive, memorable experience and I do regret that this was not completely the case during your stay. I assure you that I will utilize your comments so that we can prevent any similar occurrence in the future. I appreciate you taking the time and we hope that you’ll choose us gain in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Due to a flight cancellation, we had the pleasure of staying here recently, The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was excellent. We did not get to enjoy the complimentary breakfast as we needed to leave for the airport before it opened. I highly commend this hotel for its gracious "distressed traveler" rate and free shuttle to/from the airport. At the end of a long trip, when we were expecting to be home that evening, they were our rescuers, thanks to help from the baggage claim people at Logan airport who made us aware of their special rate.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish W
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your 5 star rating and I’m happy that you felt welcome using us as your home away from home, if only for a very short time. Thank you for the kind words and we hope that maybe you’ll come see us during better travel circumstances.
Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked this hotel from one of those web sites that only tell you the name affer payment, (H*t W**e), got a cab there from Logan Airport, but the cabbie didn't know where it was (three miles from the airport?) - a London cabbie would know nearly every hotel in the Greater London area. The signs for the hotel were on the Freeway side of the hotel, from the streets there was nothing. The cabbie had to ask a police officer where the hotel was - "behind you!". Once inside, no stars to five stars. Service 100%, room 100%, basically 100%! Next time in Boston, this is where I will stay. Sorry to the blonde lady behind the bar, I forgot to leave a tip - I left it with the Manager the next morning - I hope you got it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank andrewack

I’m very sorry to hear of the problem that occurred with the cab driver not knowing how to find our hotel in a quick, efficient manner. I do want to let you know that we do have complimentary airport transportation from 4am – 12 midnight. If your travels bring you back to our hotel please let us know so we can pick you up. I am very happy to hear that once you arrived at the hotel that your stay was a 100% satisfactory. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was surprised to find that my fiancé booked us a room at a Wyndham Hotel. Being a former Wyndham guest with unfortunate services, I was mortified and warned him we'd be in for a non pleasant experience. And he quickly realized what I meant. We were "greeted" at check in on Friday, May 16 with complete disdain for or mere presence. Realizing we needed an extra room for our friends, we got rudely barked at that they were all booked up. Understandable, so we squeezed together for one night. The first room was okay, but had an odd smell to it. We went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast the next morning and the service would have been better from a disgruntled employee at McDonalds than what we got at Wyndham. It took 20 minutes just to get our coffee. And forget about ordering food. You'll wait an hour. Pay the extra for the mediocre buffet, but don't expect an omelette, as the chef making them kept back talking to the guests. I was in shock. My fiancé and I ended up getting the extra room for the next night (Saturday, May 17). We had taken a nap before we took our guests out to see the city and woke up with bites on my legs. Later that night when going to bed, we pulled down the covers to discover bed bugs crawling around! We were mortified and immediately went to notify the front desk. The woman that night was kind to us and immediately got us a new room. But when we walked in that new room, it looked like housekeeping only did a careless job preparing it as beds were sloppily made, random lights left on, doors left open, etc. My fiancé and I stripped the bed completely to ensure no bugs this time, but still felt incredibly uncomfortable. We could not wait to get out of there and checked out first thing next morning!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Cpritt4752

I truly regret your experience at our hotel as the issues that you outlined are not to the first class service and facility amenities that we strive to offer on a daily basis. We have had our third party company inspect and treat the room and I have addressed your service concerns with my front office manager and food & beverage manager. The hotel is committed to offering a great guest experience in all areas of our operation and I do apologize that this was not completely the case during your stay. I welcome you to contact me directly so that I can address your concerns with you to your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Close to the airport yet far enough away from noise levels. Good clean hotel with decent breakfast menu and buffet available. Super fast wifi available in room. Very efficient check-in and check-out and friendly desk staff.Free shuttle to airport every 1/2hour.
would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I’m glad that you selected our hotel for your stop-over at Logan Airport and happy to hear that our location, complimentary airport transportation, room accommodations, and dining offerings worked well for your brief trip. Thank you for your business and we hope that your travels bring you to our hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!