“Great for a Team”

DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with a team. They couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful! They went above and beyond for us and the staff was so pleasant! The area isn't the greatly, but if you have a car and don't have to walk around I would suggest this hotel for anyone, especially because of their customer service! It makes a difference to know the hotel staff is willing to help with anything. The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is the area. Chelsea isn't the best area, but the rooms, meeting rooms, and food were GREAT!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

LindsLew,
Thank you for the kind words about how your team was taken care of at the Wyndham Boston Chelsea the end of June. I do know that my entire staff enjoyed hosting your group as well and I’m glad that our facility and staff worked well for your visit. We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you all back next time you’re competing in our area again!
Regards,

David, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you're looking for a budget hotel that is still close Logan Airport, this hotel is definitely a reasonable option. It is a little old but it has a free shuttle service to the airport every 30 minutes, which is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback about you recent visit. I’m glad that our location worked well for your trip. I’m also glad that you were able to utilize our complimentary airport shuttle. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel booked through Hotwire - $117.00

This review is based on the events that occurred on July 4, 2014. We arrived at the hotel early. It was cloudy, about to rain, and Hurricane Arthur was coming up the coast. Knowing that check-in is later, I proceeded to the front desk just to determine how early I could check in. Before I could reach the last few words of my inquiry, the front desk clerk erupted with, “We have no available rooms, we were completely booked last night and come back after 3pm” – with neither a hint nor desire for customer service. It was if I was the first person EVER that came into the hotel to inquire about a room. I had another question about dropping off my rental car and airport shuttle service after checking in. The response indicated that since I was not presently a hotel guest, airport shuttle service would NEVER be extended to me.

I quickly left the lobby area –I seriously felt like a fool for stopping in and inquiring about, about anything. At this point, I must state that the lobby is nicely appointed and convenient for the business traveler. It seems as if this hotel caters to the business person. The neighborhood is industrial and not inviting. You will need a car to get around or to see Boston proper.

We went for breakfast and came back to the hotel around 2pm – still too early but it was raining very heavy. I thought I would try again. This time the front desk manager [Lisa, Debbie?] was also there. The clerk gave me a much better reception and he registered me in. When he requested to see my ID, the manager made a quip about I should be so fortunate to be “carded.” I again asked about turning in my rental car and the hotel shuttle picking us up. The manager said that would be fine but gave me specific instructions. She said to head to Terminal A, once I got there, call the hotel and go to the third isle so that the hotel shuttle could pick us up.

I did as instructed, even though the car rental representative said that they have seen the same hotel shuttle pick up patrons at the rental terminal. We waited for about 15 minutes, on the second isle since it was raining. I called again and the same manager stated that the shuttle was 2 minutes away. We waited another 15 minutes. Other hotel shuttles were now beginning to make their second set of pickups since we had been there. Finally the Wyndham Chelsea shuttle arrived. We ran out into the rain to board the shuttle. The driver came out and opened the back doors, supposedly for our luggage. I told him thanks but we did not have any luggage. He then proceeded to tell me that he was not there to pick us up! A flight crew from Delta who were waiting for around 5 minutes ran out after us and we let them board the shuttle without arguing with the driver.

We ran back under shelter and I called the hotel again. The phone rang at least 20 times before the manager answered. At this time I was upset and let the manager know it. She said that another driver was on his way and would be there in 2 minutes. We finally boarded another shuttle 15 minutes later. We went up to our room without incident. That evening we ordered room service and we received good yet not timely service. The food was very good.

The next morning we wanted room service again. I called and the phone rang continually, without an answer, for about 3 minutes. I called the front desk and they assisted by stating that they would have room service call me. They did an hour and a half later. At that time we were no longer hungry. It is of interest that I requested and was granted late checkout at 1pm since our flight departed at 4:30pm. Checkout is normally at noon. We checked out Saturday morning at 11:30pm. We were now convinced that we would be in a better position waiting at the airport than at this hotel. I have to admit we were treated better by the TSA staff than we did by the hotel staff that Friday. No reason was given for the poor service. I am aware of the extenuating circumstances the hurricane and the rain might have imposed but nothing was said to us about these things. The banquet manager did apologize about the delayed room service call and she did state that they were understaffed that morning. I rate this hotel poorly not because of the extenuating circumstances but because of the severe apathy on the part of the front desk staff on Friday. I must commend the front desk and driver on Saturday. Everything went smoothly to the airport. Boston's Logan airport provided less stress, relaxation, and no anxiety.

I am not sure why this happened. I have thought that maybe the staff had a problem with the fact that I booked this reservation as a Hotwire customer – which the hotel receipt printed Hotwire’s address as my address instead of mine – or the fact that they had a problem with my ID. In any event, customer service at this hotel is considered pathetic and should in no way reflect on how a person views Boston or its neighborhood. Yet I distinctly feel that Wyndham Chelsea does not wish to satisfy ALL of its customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gstabc

I was disappointed to hear of the discomfort and inconveniences that you experienced during your July4th visit to our hotel. I regret the issues that you outlined including the delay in checking in and with our shuttle service. I am happy that we were able to correspond directly and address the problems that you and your wife encountered. I assure you that we have taken the steps to prevent any similar occurrence and I do hope that should your travels bring you back to our area that you’d give us the opportunity to welcome you back so that we can meet and exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My air conditioner made loud noises. The hotel housekeepers start singing and yelling to each other outside of your room at 7 AM even if you request to Not Be Disturbed. I was here on a work trip and it would have been nice to not to have been woken up at 7 AM after working til midnight. Elevators take an unusual amount of time to arrive, I'm talking about 6-7 minutes. Couldn't find the stairs or I would have taken them. Staff was nice, but kind of clueless at the front desk. Asked for a late checkout because we didn't have to be at work until 3 PM. They said they could give us an 1 hour extension the night before. Then in the AM I said "Im going out for breakfast I just want to make sure I still have a late checkout so I'm not locked out when I get back" The front desk guy snapped and said "If you asked for a late checkout, then I don't need to check, we do our job" I said OHHH ok. and Walked away. Sure enough I get back at 12:03 and I am locked out. Great. Spent 10 minutes waving my arms and yelling at a housekeeper to get her attention because she was signing so loud and she couldn't hear me. Then asked her if she could let me in my room to her response she said "you have people in there to let you in?" No. No I don't. Finally convinced her to let me in so I could get my stuff out and leave and wait in the lobby for the next 3 hours. Fitness center has a poor layout and really outdated equipment. Could be the worst layout of all time. No where to workout on the floor. Almost got a free weight dropped on my head. Breakfast waitresses might be the worst I've ever encountered... in my life.... Ever.

I will say, Gina and David Hardjosuwito were SUPER helpful however!!!

1  Thank rmb1234
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Rachel,

I appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. The encounters that you experienced and outlined are truly regretful and I do apologize that your stay fell way below expectations. I have discussed your feedback with members of my management staff and we have taken the steps to address and improve our service levels. I do want to let you know that we have begun to upgrade our hotel including the fitness center. If I can address any of more of your concerns I invite you to call upon me directly and we do hope that should your travels bring you back to our area you’ll once again choose to stay with us.

Warm Regards,

David, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!