“wyndham Chelsea”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda G
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea

Reviewed 26 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon E

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean, nice staff but the airport shuttle service (the whole point in staying in a not-so-nice part of town) was terrible. We called from the airport early to request a ride, but they did not send enough shuttles for the many hotel guests waiting. We were left behind, but instead of sending another van immediately for those of us who were left at the airport, they continued on with their regular half hour schedule. We stood at the curb for 40 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank G6856CZkims

I do regret any delay and inconvenience that you encountered because our shuttle service was not able to pick you up in a prompt and efficient manner. I will review our van operation procedures during times of heavy demand to see how we can improve this amenity. We do value your business and we hope that you’ll continue to choose us when your travels bring you do our area.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had an early meeting in Boston, so I flew in the night before. Booked at the Wyndham through Hotwire. Rate was good and there is a free shuttle from Logan starting at 6 am to midnight. The hotel is a marginal 3 star. I got there too late for the fitness center, so I can't comment. Check-in and check-out were fine. The hotel is in an industrial area and there is nothing nearby. Also there are train tracks adjacent to the hotel. I was on a high floor facing Everett Avenue and heard the trains all night. Ask for a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: away from the RR tracks - in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

I appreciate your feedback on Tripadvisor and I’m glad that our location near Logan International Airport and our complimentary shuttle worked well for your travel plans. We will be renovating our fitness room in the next few weeks so hopefully when you return you’ll be able to take advantage of this amenity. Thanks and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I can't understand how anyone thought this hotel was good. As a fellow Wyndham employee where we are trained on great customer service this was something I certainly did see. I'm always striving to make the guests stay as pleasant as possible and give them a great experience. This doesn't have to just be my personality but also the overall look of the hotel. The staff was friendly but there was no "hotel" staff. I'm not your friend but a guest. You shouldn't be saying hey what's up to me but good morning sir or mam.

Upon my arrival I was a little weary about the hotel as it was bc the area was very shady or industrial. The assistant front office manager assured me it's a nice hotel and would I like to check out the room. I said sure. I was also a little weary because the hotel I work for is pretty clean and I didn't enjoy pulling my car up to the Porte cache and seeing garbage piling over the garbage can.

I did check the room and it was nice where my family and I could stay for the weekend. The next day I went to the front desk to ask a question and The front desk staff was way too casual and sloppy and that's the first thing people see. The AFOM was yelling at her GSA from her office and when I said good morning bc she checked me in, I was ignored

I had to run up to my room on Saturday for something and when I got on the elevator to come down there was a housekeeper. She never acknowledged me until I said good morning. She stood slouched against the wall of elevator and I was testing to see if she was going to let me out first bc she had a garbage can full of linen. When the elevator hit 1 she was certainly the first person out. Saturday night I was asking the gentleman at the desk what the cost was for breakfast (I did know the price already) he told me $12.50 and when I said I think it's $13.95 he said oh I don't know and messed up his words and said yeah it's $13.50 yeah.

On Sunday Morning while writing this review and sitting in the lobby I'm seeing a non-vacuumed floor and again garbage piled high in the wastebaskets and sloppy furniture and no front desk agents any where to be found.

The only good thing about this place was the comfortable beds and sheets were soft. And the restaurant attendant in the morning was very very nice.

I will never stay here and nor will I recommend it to anyone. I'm embarrassed that it's a Wyndham property.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gina D
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Gina,
Thank You for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Your willingness to share your thoughts with me is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while you were a guest at our hotel and I’m truly sorry for the lack of complete cleanliness due to the trash receptacle being full at the entrance and I do apologize that some of my staff members that you interacted with did not offer warm and welcoming service. I will make sure that all my associates are aware of the cost of the breakfast buffet. The hotel is committed to offering first class facility and amenities and I sincerely regret we fell short in this instance. I do hope that you will continue to choose us when your travels bring you to the Boston – Chelsea MA area.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with a team. They couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful! They went above and beyond for us and the staff was so pleasant! The area isn't the greatly, but if you have a car and don't have to walk around I would suggest this hotel for anyone, especially because of their customer service! It makes a difference to know the hotel staff is willing to help with anything. The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is the area. Chelsea isn't the best area, but the rooms, meeting rooms, and food were GREAT!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WynChelseaGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

LindsLew,
Thank you for the kind words about how your team was taken care of at the Wyndham Boston Chelsea the end of June. I do know that my entire staff enjoyed hosting your group as well and I’m glad that our facility and staff worked well for your visit. We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you all back next time you’re competing in our area again!
Regards,

David, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!