“Excellent, new hotel near Boston's Logan airport” 5 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent, new hotel near Boston's Logan airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Room: This was my first trip to a Residence Inn, and I was very impressed with the room. There was a lot of space, including a large seating / desk area. There was a TV that swiveled between that area and the bed, which was very handy. I did not use the kitchen area, but it was well appointed with a full fridge, dishwasher, and stovetop / microwave. Would've been very helpful had I stayed more than one night. Seemed to be plenty of storage as well.

Location: The immediate location wasn't much to write about, although there seemed to be a mall and a few food options nearby. The key point is the proximity to the airport. I'd say it took under 10 minutes to get to the car rental return spot.

Service: It was just an overnight trip, so I did not experience much of the service. The hotel was very clean and new though.

1 Thank arkleseizure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

BRAND NEW !!Everything was new and clean . Nice suite, plenty of room. Not too much in the area,free shuttle from airport.Very close to commuter line if you are going to Salem. Nice breakfastr in the morning. Would stay again if going on a cruise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I had a early flight out of BOS and relocated here for a brief overnight. This is recently opened (Aug 2012) and I was impressed the second I walked in the door. But then I opened my room and was equally impressed. Beautiful kitchen area. Great work space. The staff is wonderful and helpful. I arrived in the dark and departed in the dark so I can't say much about the location. According to the front desk, about 5 local restaurants deliver a full array of eating options. Burgers to pizza. They have a full complimentary breakfast and 3 or 4 nights they offer dinner. I loved the new smell everywhere. Even the shuttle van smelled new. About a 15 minute drive to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed for a night in mid-November. It was advertised as an airport hotel, but in reality its not as the shuttle takes about 15 minutes in light traffic to get the airport and only runs every 30 minutes BUT that's the only problem I can find with hotel. Although the front desk was always very responsive to sending the shuttle bus when I requested it.

It's a brand new building, and the staff are super-friendly, from check-in to returning to pick up the bags I'd left with the valet during the day they went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was brilliant, with a big selection of hot and cold items.

My room was huge, with a full kitchen and a sitting area. The bed was really comfortable and I slept amazingly (just what I needed at the end of a busy trip). The bathroom was spotless and the room very quiet.

Room Tip: I took a room on floor 2 at the back of the building. It was very quiet. The front of the building f...
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

My one night stay was brief, but very enjoyable. The rooms are well-appointed and very comfortable - with complete kitchens. The staff is very helpful and offered assistance at any hint I may need something - I was very impressed with their warm professionalism and courtesy. I was staying here to get to the airport early in the morning, though, and the drive from the hotel to the rental car drop-off is complicated. I would not try it again, but would return my car the evening before and rely on the hotel shuttle. (I thought it would be too time-consuming a process for me in the dark the night of my stay, but finding the airport, even in daylight, wasn't very straightforward.) If I have the time on my next trip, though, I would readily stay here again, relying on the hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: I was on an upper floor - it was reasonably quiet for its location.
Exeter, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

We took a one-night trip to Boston for a short family getaway (even though we live only an hour away).
The saltwater pool attracted us (great for the kids!). I loved that this recently built hotel was LEED Certified. I could smell the difference. It smelled like home (as opposed to the typical chemical-laced hotels that I stay in over 150 nights per year).
We plan on making this an annual trip because the Residence Inn was so superb!! (even better than the nicest Residence Inns that I have stayed in)

It's super close to Boston and to the airport - but I would rely on your own car as I believe their shuttle runs only every 40 minutes...and not so many food choices walking-wise (no restaurant on site)
They do have covered parking (good for snowy days!)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill L
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is hands down the best Marriott property I've stayed at. Very modern, which is mind blowing for a Residence Inn, and in every respect -- from staff to the room -- it is in a class by itself. The last Marriott this nice that I stayed at was a full Mariott on London's Canary Wharf. You can be assured that dollar for dollar this hotel trumps the Wharf.

Have a free and tasty evening reception until 7:30 PM, and also a full (and nice) bar.And best of all -- no craters in the mattresses!

One note: if you are staying here because it is an "airport hotel", the free shuttle runs once every 40 minutes, starting at 4 AM. Why only once every 40 minutes? Because calling the hotel an "airport hotel" is a stretch: it's close to "a free ride from the airport hotel". Worth the ride, though!

Room Tip: Don't worry, all the rooms are great; because they're new.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Seaport Boston Hotel
Seaport Boston Hotel
#2 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,440 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!