“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We spent four days here over Memorial Day weekend and felt like we were at home.

Full breakfast was included and there was variety every day. Example: sausage day one, Canadian bacon day two, bacon day three.

The L-shaped room, full kitchen, three chest-of-drawers, and large bathroom were all a welcome change. Having the shower controls on the opposite side of the shower head was a great idea.

Parking is free and plentiful and there is a shuttle to the airport with a really nice guy driving it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I saw a review for this hotel and decided to give it a try and cancel my previous hotel. Glad I did because this hotel has a shuttle for pick ups and will shuttle you to the train station upon request several times daily until midnight. It's one year new and is gorgeous,beautiful bathrooms,comfortable bed,living area and kitchenette with stainless appliances,granite countertops and a complete dinnerware. Plenty of storage as well. Free breakfast and nice bar. The pool is very nice and only 4 ft deep so good for kids as well,the exercise room is efficient with treadmill ,elliptical and stationary bike. Lobby area is roomy and rockers line a side porch. A small shopping area is in walking distance with a grocery store,T J Maxx and other stores. There is also a restaurant in the rear of the hotel and Burger King. The staff was very helpful a d friendly.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is new all the rooms are good. There's no view from any room. This area of Bosto...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miviw
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed here one night this week. It will be my last. The hotel itself is quite nice. Its the "new" RI model which is very modern and nice. The biggest issue is the floors are not very quiet. You can hear everything going on above you. Which brings me to my issue with the management.

I am a lifetime Platinum Marriott member and have a "high floor" request in my profile. I called the hotel earlier in the day to remind them of this. When I checked in (with the front desk supervisor) I was told that nothing was available on the top (5th) floor. I told her my concerns and she noted the hotel was "new and very quiet". I got into the elevator with someone that checked in the same time and he had a room on the 5th floor and said he was told there were several to chose from.

I got to the room and it was very nice. It was quiet as well. Until 11pm. At that time there was significant noise in the room above me. LOUD. Like they were moving furniture and redecorating. I gave them about 20 min to quiet down and they did not. I made my first (of 4) calls to the front desk to ask them to quite down. The front desk told me it was a film crew loading all of their gear into the room and it would be "just a few minutes" until they were done. About 20 min later I called again as the party had not stopped. And again. The front desk seemed concerned but the noise did not end before I finally fell asleep about 3am.

In the morning I brought up the concern and they said "oh well we will add some points to your account for the issues". I asked them to have a manager call me. Of course, they said.

A week later I did not get any bonus points nor have I heard from the hotel, much less an manager.

Do yourself a favor and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Top floor or stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
louis w, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Valued guest;

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us regarding your stay. It was great that we had the opportunity to communicate regarding it and to resolve the situtation to your satisfaction. Its unfortunate we didn't know we had to contact you and that you had to reach out to us again. We have strengthened the lines of communication so that this will not happen again so we can follow up with our guests in a timely fashion.
Templeton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 May 2013

After a very tough evening of bad traffic, slow parking shuttles and a heartbreaking "misseditbythatmuch" end to a mad dash through the airport...we were left staring forlornly out the massive windows of the terminal as our vacation pulled away from the gate. *sigh*...(more like gasping for breath) - but I digress. We were able to book a morning flight out the next day *PHEW*...but had zero desire to drive back out of the city that evening only to have to turn back around early the next morning. So we tiredly searched online for a last minute hotel...and so we booked the Residence Inn....a little cautiously since it was in Chelsea, but we were so drained we could hardly even get up the energy to care. We booked it online and called their service number for a shuttle....10-15 minutes they would be there. Waited for about 20 minutes then called to see if we accidently missed it...they apologized profusely and said they would send another one (not sure if we did miss it...or were just doubled over still trying to catch our breath and wits and it blew right by). 5 minutes later he was there, loaded our bags and off we went. He pulled up to a kind of basic looking hotel, we weren't picky at that point, and in we went. And that's were the basic ends. This hotel is GORGEOUS! Color us pleasantly bewildered! The check in was smooth, the service exceptional...she again apologized for the shuttle...we smiled and said no big deal...she offered us a complimentary meal at the bar - sold! The lobby was artfully and creatively decorated...not really standard hotel décor...but enough to make you stop to admire here and there. And the room! Very high attention to detail in this decorating job! Very classy, elegant but warm and comfortable. Huge bathroom, sumptuous shower, comfy bed, beautiful kitchen...even a bag of microwave popcorn in with the coffee offerings (loved that touch). It was a gift to our very exhausted minds that night. We headed down to the bar...fairly well stocked...fun bartender...plenty of TVs for sports or news. The food was so-so (that would be our only advice to improve), but everything else was great. The bar really started getting busy about 11pm...and only the thought of an early morning shuttle pushed us off our barstools and up to bed. The next morning we received a nice reminder call for our shuttle, check out was effortless, and our shuttle driver was the epitome of a perfect valet. All in all...if we didn't already live in-state, and have very little need for an airport hotel an hour from home - we would definitely return. So in lieu...we'll happily recommend this little oasis to other weary travelers that find Boston in their travel plans.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here for one night when travelling from New York back to Halifax NS, but I wish we could have stayed longer.
This is what hotels should aspire to. Great service, spotlessly clean, modern and spacious accommodations. The wifi was quick and reliable (perhaps the fastest I've ever seen at a hotel), and the free breakfast was great.
Would definitely try to rebook this next time we're in the area.

Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Marriott knows how to do it best - guests are pampered and instantly relax entering the lovely. All brand new rooms with black, brown, cream and red motifs. Stay to swim, enjoy a fresh cooked breakfast or just snooze in the wonderful beds with exquisite sheets, white quilts and feather pillows. The walk-in glass shower is elegant. Location is great for heading up to the North Shore or back into Boston, and of course, hop the free shuttle back to the airport. Thank you Residence Inn Boston Logan - this is a sweet spot to stay each and every time.

Room Tip: The 5th floor is Heavenly!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Took dad here for his 83rd birthday, stayed a few nights. Used this hotel for our "base" of operations. Never needed a car, used the shuttle to get to the airport, walked to the train to get into Downtown Boston. Got a pass to ride the subway and street cars for the whole time we were there. Easy to get around and tour the area. Try the Italian resturant next door, really good! It was handy getting a free breakfest every morning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!