“No problems, nice hotel”

Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin
“No problems, nice hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We chose this lodging based on its proximity to Logan Airport (3 miles) and its price. While it's off the beaten path and lacks a T station, it's also a third less expensive than downtown hotels and includes free parking. The common areas are very clean, there is a small pool and exercise area, and a hot breakfast is included. Our suite was well-equipped. The bed and bedding was comfortable, the room was spotless, and the hotel is quiet. The staff is helpful and friendly. No complaints from us. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I don't know how a hotel can be much better. The layout of the suite was well thoughtout and innovative. We took others' advice and got a room on the top floor. We were there on a weekend, so there was not construction work being done. While it could be a little awkward getting into Boston, it is more than worth the inconvenience for the hotel savings. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was great. All in all, a great experience - wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with our visit to this hotel - the service and standard of accommodation exceeded our expectations - all the staff were friendly and efficient - the cleanliness levels were excellent - one of our concerns was location but this was not a problem the shuttle service to the transit subway was quick and the journey into the city was only a couple of stops - the breakfast was also excellent and the evening complimentary snacks were very welcome and tasty -another nice touch was that the manager made himself known and clearly took an interest in the guests service - all in all a great hotel and a great stay

• Stayed November 2013
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased to hear that the service and standard of accommodation exceeded your expectations. Providing a comfortable guest experience is our priority and we are glad that this was apparent during your stay. We hope to see you again next time you're in the Boston area!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here from October 21st-25th. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff are so friendly. The food is delicious and my room was like a little apartment. The bed was very comfortable. I was working at the airport and I took the 8am shuttle everyday and I have to tell you that Frank is the nicest " morning person" you could meet. I looked forward to the commute and the great chats we had along the way.
I took the shuttle back every evening too and the hotel always called me to let me know they were close by. The evening drivers, Tony an John and another name I can't remember right now were all great.
Thank you to Ann at the front desk and the great cooks too for making my stay so memorable.

Louise H

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Louise H,

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you now consider us a home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and to avoid the cost of staying downtown. I was very happy with the property. It's one of the nicer Residence Inns I've stayed at - very modern and new. My trip from Logan to the hotel was quick (although you go thru some dark areas) and my trip into the City the next morning was quick and painless.

Room Tip: My room faced a nearby construction site which caused some noise, but it was not bad at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Raleigh
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel in Chelsea is brand new and very nice, the rooms are spacious and very well equipped. Having a fully stocked kitchen is always nice.The staff is very friendly, especially the shuttle drivers.

Since the hotel is not in Boston proper they hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport, at the airport you can catch the Blue T (metro) take it two stops inbound and you'll be downtown at the Aquarium near Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall. You can call the hotel once you arrive back at the T station and the shuttle will come pick you up again. Very convenient, but obviously not as much as actually staying in downtown. If you do choose to take the shuttle make sure you're clear on where they will pick you up on your return to the hotel.

Two points to note, the bed was a bit hard for my preference and we could always hear the people above us. I'm not sure if they were especially loud or what but it was a minor annoyance.

In short, this is a great reasonably priced option just outside the city. We got our deal on Priceline.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This new and contemporary Residence Inn is a great place to stay. We stayed on both ends of a trip to the area. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The hotel staff is very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was very good - lots of variety. The rooms are the best - they have a sleek, trendy and upscale feel. I wish all of the Residence Inns were like this one.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Diane P,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We're so glad you enjoyed our facilities and our friendly staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Boston!

Louis Warren, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Chelsea Hotel Boston
#4 of 5 in Chelsea

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!