“hotel in boston suburb”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“hotel in boston suburb”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

nice, clean and brand new hotel no restaurant but lite bites at the bar nice bar right now there is construction near back if in one of those rooms facing construction you can hear and the dust seems to get in the room asked to move on other side and it was good when construction is done, it will be very nice hotel was beautiful

Room Tip: no restaurant lite bites at night very nice bar
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed in the hotel several times and find it clean and the staff friendly. Unfortunately, during my last stay I had arranged with front desk for a cab at 9:30AM the following morning. When I arrived in the lobby at 9:25AM I asked for the place the cab would likely pick me up only to find out that the cab had not been ordered. So a cab had to be called and it took another 25 minutes. As a consequence, I was 20 minutes late for the meeting I was attending. The front desk person was not too concerned about my situation. An apology could have eased the discomfort of knowing I was going to be late.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nice hotel...newer, well kept, clean. Area leaves a bit to be desired, as well as some of the staff, especially one woman at the front desk. Nice location close to the airport. A bit noisy since it sits right next to the freeway. We had problems with our a/c unit - two of the three nights....made for a very restless night on our last night. Too bad that the maintenance tech did not check to make sure that it was working properly after our maintenance request on our second day. Stayed at the Marriott in Quincy over the weekend prior to moving to this hotel for work reasons. Would recommend the Quincy hotel over the Chelsea hotel - their team was amazing...friendly, willing to help, and overall an outstanding stay. Worth the drive to the downtown area eventhough a bit farther.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott in Quincy - Chelsea is not the nicest area outside of Boston - received lots of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Pam,

I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfying stay you had at our hotel; we are committed to providing an excellent experience for our guests and we take your feedback very seriously. Our room inspection process should have prevented the maintenance issue you experienced; I will review your comments with my staff and use this as a training opportunity. I hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing you with an excellent stay.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn during the 2014 Boston Marathon. It was easy to get downtown before and after the race. The hotel has a wonderful staff that are always willing to help. The stories told by the free airport shuttle drivers are worth their weight in gold. The rooms were impeccably clean and updated to be one of the best I've ever stayed in. Stay here, you won't be sorry.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Tom,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community. We're happy to hear that you had an excellent visit during the Boston Marathon and that our shuttle service accommodated your travel needs during that time. We appreciate your feedback and hope to host your next visit to Boston.

NH
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is by far the nicest Residence Inn my family has stayed at. We try to always stay at Marriott Residence Inns due to the perfect room layout for families. The front desk staff was great, the bar/lounge was great, and the breakfast was great. I can't say enough good about this hotel. The ONLY drawback is parking and longterm parking for an airport hotel. They have a deal between a longterm parking lot but it isn't very conveinent. If they could offer longterm parking here onsite or more accessable then that would be perfect.
The hotel really isn't that far from the airport, maybe 10-15 minutes at most.
GREAT HOTEL!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit and that everything from the front desk staff to the breakfast was perfect during your visit. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll make us your home way from home in Boston.

Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

In general the hotel is nice, and the staff outside of management are good people. Just ask on check in to be as far away from PicksThe hotel caters to crew Members from Alaska Airlines and if you are unfortunate enough to get a room above Olga, she will start complaining about noise at 7:00 PM if your 4# dog walks across the room. Apparently Olga needs an extraordinary amount of beauty rest, because she will keep complaining to the front desk and tap on her ceiling if you move the chair in your kitchen even at noon the next day. The manager is completely worthless and will not think twice about siding with the Alaskan airline crew who obviously are a priority.

• Stayed March 2014
Alabama
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was pretty skecptical as I was driving to the hotel. The area seems old, dirty, and somewhat slummish. Once you get to and inside the hotel you certainly get a WOW factor. I am a Marriott gold member and have stayed at many, many Residence Inns (old and new). This one is, by far, the nicest I've visited. I could have easily mistaken it for a Marriott. The hotel is fairly new (opened in 2013, I think). I stayed in a studio unit with a king bed. The furniture in the room was beautiful. The decor was beautiful. The layout was comfortable, roomy, and allowed me to easily work on my computer, eat, and/or watch TV. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. The bathroom was very big and the shower experience was wonderul... plenty of room and great shower head!

I only stayed one night and caught an early morning flight, so I didn't spend much time in the lobby, but the lobby looked nice and had a bar in it that is open until around 11:00pm. I dropped my rental car off the night before and took the shuttle to the aiport in the morning. The shuttle begins at 4:00am and runs every 40 minutes or so until they add a second shuttle. It was quite convenient for me.

I really couldn't find any issues with this hotel. Well, one thing... I had a hard time finding a decent restaurant nearby where I wanted to eat. I decided to grab something from deli dept of Market Basket (the sushi there was actually good).

I'm hoping I travel in or out of BOS again soon just so I can stay at this hotel. Yes! I enjoyed relaxing there that much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and that we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting your next stay in Boston.

Steve Haley, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Chelsea Hotel Boston
#4 of 5 in Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!