“New and oh so Friendly!”

Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“New and oh so Friendly!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a new hotel. I have been a loyal Hilton guest for years, but they have scared me off. So now I wander.

I stayed at the best hotel in Boston (according to TripAdvisor) recently, but I checked out and came here instead. This hotel was actually closer to my destination anyway. The "Great" hotel in Boston had a staff of unfriendly, uninterested folks that just wanted to get through the day.

This Residence Inn Chelsea was superb. Stands up to any Hilton I have ever visited. It slayed the top Boston hotel. Nicer people, cleaner rooms, and not stuck up. That is what I like when I am away from home.

5 Stars.

William Kenworthy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
William,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that our customer service and facility surpassed that of other hotels in the area and that we've earned your 5-star recommendation to the travel community. We value your business and look forward to hosting your next visit to Boston.

Julia Tropeano, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

How beautiful this property is! The FBI headquarters is getting ready to break ground for their new building and other properties are being built! I had a seminar here and had 26 students. we all had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: NIce size room and really did not feel cramped. Enjoyed it!
Lisa,

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the design of our property and that you had a wonderful time. We appreciate your recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting you again.

NJ
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn Chelsea for business. Maybe my GPS took me a weird way from the airport, but I had to drive through a not nice area at night to get to the hotel, which is in a somewhat desolate industrial section. The only other con was the floors / ceilings seem to be thin - I heard a lot of noise from the guests above me and in looking through other reviews, someone else noted that a guest below them complained about their dog walking around. Perhaps it is best to stay on the top floor.

Aside from the two cons listed above, overall I was pleased with the hotel and I would stay there again. The hotel itself is new with a sleek decor both in the lobby and in the rooms (I often find Residence Inns to be somewhat dowdy, but not the case for this one). The free breakfast was very good with a lot of variety. I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and accommodating - particularly Kevin who was very polite and friendly when assisting me in dealing with a noisy guest above me and checked out the parking lot for me when there was a strange guy hanging around and I was not comfortable parking my car alone.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor
Nederland, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This way our first visit to Boston and we chose to stay here. The hotel is very very nice and give that feel of upscale. The room was quite spacious and had everything we needed and then some. The room was very clean and the setup was very good. The bar area was great for viewing the World Cup along with the other guests staying there. The pool was awesome and it was great to have a mini store for purchasing snacks. This hotel also offers to purchase groceries and have them delivered to your room if you find yourself staying for a long period. Breakfast was included with the stay and was tasty with plenty of options. The only downside but by no fault to the hotel is the construction that is going on. Other than that, you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos G
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Carlos,

Thank you for choosing to let us host your first visit to beautiful Boston and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations, awesome pool, and convenient services. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation and look forward to hosting your next visit to Boston.

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel exceeds all expectations. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and clean. Everything looks like brand new. Beds are super comfortable. There is a sofa and a full kitchen (that we didn't use). Their service is the best. The shuttle takes you to the nearest metro station (blue line), and from there it's only two stops to down town. It's quite a distance to the airport, but the service made it extremely convenient. They even deliver your luggage to the metro station if you want to spend more time in town before your flight.
Breakfast was plenty. The only thing that we didn't like was its sketchy location. But we didn't spend any time in that area except for hopping on and off the shuttle. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: All their rooms ate perfect!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cool_alaska
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations with our beautiful rooms, excellent service, and convenient shuttle. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation and look forward to hosting your next visit to Boston.

Orange, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am a frequent traveler and stay at Marriott properties all over the country. When I stay at a Residence Inn, service is always good, but the decor is less than impressive. This, however, is a different story. The Residence Inn in Chelsea, MA is a brand new property and Marriot has certainly stepped up its game. The decor is much more contemporary and upscale. There are granite countertops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen area, and the shower stall has a rolling curved door -- something I haven't seen in any other hotel. The bed is comfortable and the flat-screen television pivots so that you can view it whether you are in the kitchen, on the sofa, or in bed. The layout of this room is logical and well thought out. I hope that Marriott plans to transform all Residence Inns using this one as a model. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lm1242
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very well maintained, brand new , spacious, clean rooms. Front desk always be ready to help. Our flight arrived late as 2am, our room was ready for us with extra popcorn for kids. It is close to airport, easy to find by following googlemap app on cellphone. Breakfast was neatly precented, we had a very relaxed rest after the long flight and before heading to ME.

Room Tip: We were given a higher floor, it was super quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annie X
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Annie,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs and exceed your expectations during your visit. We appreciate your recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting you again.

Julia Tropeano, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Chelsea Hotel Boston
#4 of 5 in Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Boston Logan Airport

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!