“Good airport hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here the night before we were scheduled to leave Boston. I was pleasantly surprised that it was very modern and quite comfortable for a Residence inn. the rooms was very clean. I would not have known this was a pet-friendly hotel if I didnt read one of the reviews here.
Price was good, especially for Boston. They serve a hot breakfast buffet too, which is a plus. they have an airport shuttle too, which is convenient.

I would recommend this hotel over the other airport hotels, unless you definitely have to walk to the airport for whatever reason.

Green Features: very good. recycling bins in the rooms. they would not change towels or linen unless the guest specifically requests it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for the TripAdvisor community. We're pleased to hear that you had a convenient and comfortable stay and that we've earned your recommendation to fellow travelers. We value your 5-star rating and hope to host your next visit to Boston.

Julia Tropeano, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here just one night (August 9th 2014) as I was traveling with my dog. This is in general a very nice hotel, but exceptional for a pet friendly hotel (I'm used to staying at La Quinta which is nice, and Red Roof Inn and Super 8 which are okay). They limit pet friendly rooms to one floor I believe, but still nice.

The events I attended were along the waterfront in Boston, and it was only 5 miles from there. Not a bad location when you compare the price here to some of the host hotels in Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

The surrounding neighborhood wasn't so great, and there is a field across the street with a big chain link fence around it, but that wasn't an issue for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you (and your dog!) enjoyed our convenient location and our exceptionally pet-friendly facility. We value your recommendation to fellow travelers and hope to host your next visit to Boston.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea has been my second home since July of 2013 as I have been on a long-term assignment. The entire staff (Quaneka, Michelle, Kevin, Melissa, Eluz, Luz, Frank, Tony, John, Rondell, Chris and others whose names escape me at the moment) have all done a superb job with how they have handled me. Typically you'd expect the cookie-cutter type of environment but every Sunday when I come in and every Friday when I leave I am met with genuine enthusiasm and professionalism. Though my needs are minimal the staff strive to meet each and every one. They are a consistent and high-level group, when I come in I know I am in a comfortable, clean and safe environment. If you are looking for an affordable, long-term or short-term stay hotel don't pass up on the Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea a True Home Away From Home.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are my favorite.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your extended stay with us; we're happy to hear that our wonderful staff has provided you with a true home away from home in Boston. We value your 5-star recommendation to fellow travelers and will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff—we appreciate the feedback!

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I usually travel alone and stay at the airport Hilton. It is attached to the airport and close to the T for easy access to downtown Boston. But - it is sometimes ridiculously priced.

I stayed at the Residence Inn Chelsea as an alternative. The staff and hotel are awesome. They go out of their way to ensure you have a great stay. But the fact remains that you are 4 miles from the airport and everything you do requires a shuttle.

If the prices are the same and I am alone - I will pick the Hilton. But, if the Hilton prices are crazy or I have family with me, I will pick the Residence Inn. The large rooms and free breakfast will be worth the extra shuttles.

A hidden delight was Tommy Floramos. This is a local Italian restaurant walking distance from the Residence Inn. Fabulous home style Italian food on the cheap. I knew I was in the right place when I saw the locals with their kids in soccer uniforms and old men eating alone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay in this hotel. This is my third stay, after staying for 6 weeks in Nov/Dec 2013, and 7 weeks in March/April 2014. We were in the Boston area for business,we looked at hotels in Boston but we chose this hotel because of its price, proximity to Boston and good access to our job-site on the north Shore. We were not disappointed.

The first thing to say is that the area of Chelsea is not the best, but there is a Market Basket supermarket across the road (although this was empty on my recent visit because of a dispute between the owners), and a couple of good local restaurants. The Steak Tips in Floramos are amazing! The hotel shuttle bus will take you to the airport's subway station, so getting into Boston is quick and easy and they will pick you up when you want to come back. The drivers are extremely friendly (especially Tony)!

This is a reasonably new hotel (and it shows), it is clean, tidy and well presented, with good facilities. It's the best Residence Inn that I have stayed in.

But by far and away the best thing about this hotel is the staff. The front desk staff are excellent, they are all very friendly and helpful, and really make you feel welcome. When you are away from home for long periods this is very much appreciated, (Michelle, Quaneka, Kevin, and Rondell all deserve particular praise)!

The hotel has a nice dining area serving a free breakfast every day, with a good choice. My only complaint on my previous visits was that they didn't start breakfast early enough because of the time we needed to start work, but on my last trip I found that they have now open earlier, and was much more convenient.

The final bonus for this hotel is the Bar, It is a little pricey compared to the other bars in the area but it's nice to have one in a Residence Inn, and the staff are excellent, they again make you feel really welcome, and you quickly feel like a regular. Katy, Carolin, Bob, and Carla are all excellent.

While the price of this hotel has steadily climbed, it is still great value compared to hotels in the city, and it's location is not a huge issue, so I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area, and will even consider staying here if I ever have a personal visit.

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are on the same side of the hotel as the highway so choose an even number, they'...
1 Thank Richard_Harris_1982
Chambly, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights, not really knowing what to expect as it was our first trip to Boston. The place is new, clean, spacious with all the amenities and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were worried about transportation to downtown Boston, however with the free shuttle to the airport, then take the train downtown was a breeze and took no time! We're definitely going back to this Residence Inn next time in Boston!

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far as possible from the highway nearby
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that our friendly staff, convenient amenities, and complimentary shuttle service provided you with an outstanding first stay in Boston. We value your business and look forward to hosting your next visit!

Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Residence Inn is far and away the best I have encountered. The hotel is new and the rooms are very modern and comfortable. I arrived very late at night and received an excellent welcome. It almost made me not tired anymore! Breakfast was standard buffet fare, but it was hot, fresh, and tasty. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel in the Logan area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Seaport Boston Hotel
Seaport Boston Hotel
#2 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,444 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea? Share your experiences!