“Comfortable lodging.”

Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chicopee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Chicopee while visiting Kripalu yoga center which is located in Lenox. There wasn't any affordable lodging available in Lenox so I thought that the Hampton Inn was a good choice that wasn't too far.

When I checked in I realized that I had actually booked the hotel for the wrong date(my mistake) the manager was great and rebooked me for the night that I needed no problem.

The Hampton Inn was clean and comfortable and just what I needed. There is some roadwork around the hotel but it wasn't anything bad.

There are some chain restaurants nearby and stores if you needed to buy anything. The Mass Pike is really easy to get to from here.

I didn't here any traffic noise while I stayed at the hotel.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We are constantly improving our hotel so please come back soon!

Thanks

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have stayed here several times when taking our daughter to college in nearby Sth Hadley. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable, breakfast is included (choice of yogurt,cereal, toast, muffins and fresh waffles as well as juice and coffee). The staff are friendly and helpful. It is right off I 90 and across from a large mall with Walmart, Home Depot and other stores plus Applebees, Chipoltle and Starbucks. Less expensive than other similar chains in the area. They also have a pool.

Room Tip: If you have small children choose the ground floor so they can run easily to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us. We are starting a lobby renovation project in November and it is scheduled to be complete by end of January. Please come visit us again!

Reviewed 4 September 2011

The carpet in the room was moist the entire 3 days we stayed there. We could not walk around in socks or barefoot since our feet would be wet. The refrigerator was dirty and smelled badly. When we complained to the front desk we were told the 100% guarantee only allowed him to refund us for 1 night. So we paid for 2 nights that we were not satisfied. The hallway carpet was dirty and the dehumidifier ran the entire time of our stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kimberly W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our Hampton Inn Chicopee . We are committed to providing a quality product. As you can see from the other posts we most often accomplish that. I will speak with our hotel maintenance staff to find out why the carpet cleaning process did not dry the carpet thoroughly.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

- confusing traffic patterns around hotel
- king had chair & ottoman, refrigerator, microwave
- two different rooms during two stays - both had somewhat stale room odor
- wired room Internet
- desk chair adjusts high enough
- HD TV with 9 HD channels, analog channels do not look good - particularly in the default TV set stretch mode
- ironing board cover was pretty shabby
- slow bathtub drain in one room
- late room folio and newspaper under door one visit, none on the next visit

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Conraveler
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have wired and wireless fiber internet and we carry the most HD channels compared to our local competitors. I apologize for the ironing board cover--the staff will look at all ironing board covers and replace as needed. The hotel is located off exit 5 MA Turnpike with easy off and easy on to ramp. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations--we will look at the items you brought up. We hope you give us another opportunity when visiting the area in the future!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel in late July and August 2011. I have been a fan of Hampton Inns for many years and this was a good well cared for Hampton Inn. But what made it an amazing stay was the unbelievably good customer service provided by the front desk staff and the others in the hotel.

This was a trip where everything seemed to go wrong for us.

My girlfriend dropped her earring down the sink. No problem, there was someone there to retrieve it the next morning.

During our stay I had a minor medical emergency and the staff couldn't have been more helpful giving directions where to go and then making available the hotel shuttle to take my girlfriend and me back and forth to the hospital.

And then we forgot a couple of items in the room. No problem. We will send those to you.

By the time we left we felt like we stayed with family. Many thanks to Doug and Amy and the others whose names I did not get.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjm562
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to accomodate your needs, our hotel family looks forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Like many who stay here, it was because of a connection to Mt. Holyoke College and this is one of the closest hotels that is decent, especially when you're coming from the south. It is a good property, nice stafff, decently maintained and clean, though a little awkward to get to off of Hwy 30/Memorial Dr, especially when coming from the interstates. But, if you want more to do in the evenings, better restaurants to explore, or just to walk around, this location is terrible. For future trips to the college, I'll be going further up into Hadley or Northampton to stay which is a lot better for choice of things to do and eat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travel-here-there

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Chicopee Crossig is a $30 million dollar development that is under construction across the street from the hotel. This mixed used development will have restaurants which will add to the dining options in Chicopee as well as a destination to walk around and explore. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 May 2011

We chose the Hampton Inn in Chicopee because of its proximity to Mount Holyoke College. The hotel was clean and well kept and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were a good size and had two queen beds - much better than other hotels that have two double beds. The beds very comfortable and we all slept well. The rooms had refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers. Very convenient. The bathroom was a good size as well. The shower head was great and there was plenty of water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. It was not a grand buffet, but it was more than sufficient with bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and waffles. They also had prepared eggs of which I am not a huge fan. The breakfast area was kept spotless. I also liked the complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate that was available any time of the day or night. All guests also received a complimentary newspaper.
While the hotel had a pool, it was very small and we did not have time to use it. However, it looked clean.
The parking was plentiful and there was no charge unlike some other area hotels. The hotel was on Memorial Drive which has so many shops, gas stations and restaurants. The hotel is also right next to a Starbuck's. Very convenient.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Parenttravel46
HershalBK, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review! As I mentioned in previous responses, the staff really loves the feedback (good and bad) because it reinforces our strengths and gives us the opportunity to improve on our weaknesses. We hope to see you soon!

BK Investments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicopee
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Ludlow

Been to Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield? Share your experiences!