“Excellent in every way”

Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chicopee
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My mother lives in Chicopee so I visit 10-12 times a year and always choose one of the 3 Hampton Inn's in the surrounding area. This is always my first choice because it is closest to her home. The staff is wonderful, always looks up from what they are doing with a smile and a hello... even if I'm just leaving or coming back from dinner. The hotel is finishing up renovations and it is so much nicer than before. Being a longtime Hilton Honors member, they always upgrade me and attend to my request for a high floor away from the elevator. All their rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank wintertraveler05
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We look forward to having you soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

There are definitely some pros to staying at this hotel: comfortable beds, cleanliness, nice decor, coffee/tea/cocoa in the lobby, friendly staff, microwave and fridge in room, free parking and breakfast. Some cons that may not bother everyone: the room darkening curtains do not close all the way (the sheer curtains do)- this seems odd to me in a hotel where three sides of the building face either roads or parking lots & other buildings. I'd like to block the street lights and headlights at night. The coffee maker was the mini size with tiny filter packs for single cups of coffee, and the breakfast area had the tv blaring with bad news- not how I'd like to start my day on a trip. I would strongly urge management to install curtains that close all the way, provide larger coffee makers, and mute the tv in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bostonbased

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. Your suggestions will be taken into account. Please come visit soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I get to the hotel just before 3AM and the women at the front desk has a smile on her face! They need my car information, instead of saying fill this out she aske me what kind of car I have and fills the information out for me. I know this sounds like a little thing but I truly appreciated this little act of great customer service. This was the attitude of the entire staff.

I didn't have to ask for a late check out, she offered it. When I needed to stay 90 minutes past their normal check out....no problem. She actually made a note of it in their book and literally no one bothered me. Again, great customer service. I can't tell you how many times I get into a city really late, ask and receive a late check out only to have the cleaning staff knocking on my door waking me up. Not here.

The Hotel was very clean and the room was in good condition with a large flat screen. The hotel is right near restaurants and shopping and right off of 90. the hotel is pushed off the road a bit so the hotel was really quiet too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank P4620

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive review! Please come visit soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn due to being tired from driving. It is located right off of 90 and is convenient to many large chain stores and restaurants. The lobby was under construction and looked to be in rough shape, but the reception employee was very friendly and gave a nice discount due to such a late check-in. The room was clean and decorated/featured like most Hampton Inns, including HDTV. We had no noise issues on the 3rd floor and we were close to the elevator. Breakfast was included and it offered a nice choice of warm and cold food and was actually pretty tasty. Very satisfied with the stay. Once the renovations of the public spaces are complete, I'm sure it will be excellent.

Room Tip: The third floor was quiet during our stay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick N
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review on TA we really appreciate it! Looking forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This Hampton Inn is quite a step up from all the other hotels in the area. Anything that might compare is 10 miles away which does not seem far, but the drive is almost 20 minutes. If you are going to Westover AFB or anything near West Springfield, MA or Chicopee, MA I would suggest this Hampton Inn. Within walking distance of a grocery store, Wal-mart, restaurants, a Starbucks and easy access to the highways. Clean, friendly staff, and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Me64068
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We look forward to having you back! We are finishing up renovations so we will be looking our best next time you visit!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I booked two rooms at this Hampton Inn recently because we needed a decent place to stay overnight during my Mother's wake and funeral.
As this can be a difficult time, I found the staff sensitive and accommodating. They seemed a little more on top of things than the typical hotel.
The rooms were large and clean. I did find that my allergies were triggered by something in the room that night; though.
Again, breakfast in the morning was a little bit better than most hotels.
Overall, we found this Hampton Inn to be "a notch above" most.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cloudsrest57

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We pride ourselves on customer service. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We visit Chicopee each year while attending the Amherst Train Show. And we always stay here. Service is great and the rooms are quiet.

The hotel is just finishing up a complete renovation which should make it even better!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We love having you stay with us! See you soon!

BK Investments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicopee
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Ludlow

Been to Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield? Share your experiences!