“Excellent food, superior service”
Review of Brasserie Zapp

Brasserie Zapp
Ranked #30 of 38 Restaurants in Cohasset
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent food, superior service”
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

Went with a friend for a late-night bite last week. We really enjoyed the cream of spinach soup and salad. The presentation on farmhouse-inspired planks was attractive and inventive. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. The chef greeted us and was hospitable. We're going back tonight!

1 Thank asedney

Scituate, Massachusetts
“New England Charm”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This restaurant is in an old New England inn in the middle of Cohasset, MA. We ate in the back dining room away from the bar so it was very quiet and comfortable. The dining room has quite rustic tables with no tablecloths. The seats are comfortable though. I had a Kir Royale to start and I must say it was a little weird. It must have been the cassis. I ordered the scallops over fettucine. It was well prepared with a nice olive oil/garlic sauce with spinach. My partner ordered sea bass with vegetables. Overall the meal was good but not great. The coffee and ice cream after were below average. The sorbet was also average. Not sure if I'll go back until things improve a bit.

• Visited October 2012
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Average”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

The venue is nice, but is it worth the price? I don't think so. The "fixed price" menu is boring. I had the risotto and
it lies in my stomach like a brick. For these prices you'll be far better of a little bit down the street at Bia's!

2 Thank EdwinH1
Boston
“Great Dining Experience!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We dined here on a Sat evening, 7pm, party of 3. We had dinedthere in the past, number of years ago for lunch, sat at the bar and were none too thriled and never returned. Decided upon chance to try it again. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and asked where we wanted to sit after giving us our options. Since it was a nice evening we sat outside looking at a very pleasant waterfall and little pool of fish. The Inn is from the 1700's and still has an old world charm about it, if you like that look, as we do. Our waitress was very pleasant, friendly and even though there were a few items on the menu not being offered, we found what we liked and were looking forward to a delicious dinner. The Executive Chef came over to us, said hello, was kind, asked if our daughter got a toy from the toy chest, and in a flash, another staff member came back for her to pick out a stuffed animal. Never seen this before, but nice touch for sure for kids. Do they do this nightly or just on the weekends, not sure, but cute. Basic white french bread was served in a silver bin w/ white napkin (not a brown bag like another reviewer wrote) with delicious herb olive oil, we enjoyed that very much. The outside was lit up so pretty with the lights - just so enjoyable! The beet salad w/ goat cheese and walnuts was also delicious and enough to share for 2 people. It was getting a bit buggy outside - we went inside and in a flash the staff made us comfortable inside. (even though there prepared to give us some bug spray). The inside was dimly lit with lights and had a cozy old feel to it. My husband and I both ordered the same , bacon wrapped shrimp with roquefot rissoto, snow peas and a sweet/sour sauce decorating the plate and enough for taste. It was fantastic! Just excellent and beautifully arranged on the plate. Big enough portion where you do not feel overly full but wanting more. It was rightly priced for the value, portions, etc. All in all - a great experience - would definately go back again - all nice staff - and I did not find the chef coming over to see how our dinner was annoying at all. He takes pride in his work and what he does - it is not often you do get to meet the chef, kudos to him and his staff for a job well done. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
“A highly enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

First visit to BZ while in the area visiting friends. The presentation of food was high quality, and the taste matched the presentation, which sometimes may not be the case. Our server was highly attentive, it wasn't extremely busy when we were there but we appreciated it. My friends had seafood dishes and everyone liked what they had. I had a chicken dish which was a nice portion and very flavorful. My only critique is that the music was very loud, making it hard to talk. But food and service win the day.