“Excellent”

The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cohasset
The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704
Ranked #1 of 2 Cohasset B&B and Inns
Marlborough
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had our son's wedding there on April 18. The food was fantastic and the barn was a great place for a wedding. Of the 4 weddings we had for our kids, this was the best overall. The rehearsal dinner the night before was outstanding and our wedding person Beverly was like a member of the family. We all could of not felt more comfortable and relaxed....she was always available with recommendations, ideas and changes from us. The wedding staff was so attention to detail, courteous and friendly. The two bars and dining rooms are also great......Thanks...Tom Pandolfi

Room Tip: Get the bridal sweet or any room.....all have a fireplace.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
boston, ma
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a wedding reception that ended after midnight. You cannot beat the convenience of walking to your room in less than 5 minutes.

That said, the only reason I would stay here is if I were attending one of their on site functions. It was about $300 for a room that does not deserve that price tag. I would say $175 would have felt more fair.

We didn't avail ourselves of any of the services or amenities as we were in and out pretty fast. The room is quaint with a gas fireplace. The bed and linens were comfortable.

There are not many hotels or inns in this area and if I were going to be at a function in this area, I would stay there again. In the end I am willing to pay for the convenience.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank mmrb05
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had the great pleasure of attending a wedding on 31 December 2013....an extraordinary venue, fairy lights, magical...cant praise it high enough..the food was out of this world...we loved the salad course and the mains....the wine was superb...the attention to detail was fantastic...really great..the whole party of 240 people went really really well....

If i was getting married I wouldnt hesitate to do it here !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank scarke
Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Last year we were married at a venue nearby and stayed at the Red Lion Inn. We loved it so much we decided to return over the weekend to celebrate our first anniversary! The building is a gorgeous, french-rustic and opulent place with eclectic decor and a warm, inviting atmosphere. You feel as if you are in a different place from the outside world. It is apparent that the owners strive to make every detail perfect for guests.

The rooms both times we've stayed there have been generously appointed, with an awesome 4 poster canopy bed with fireplace and a huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and glass-door walk in shower. There are even built-in bookshelves, complete with an array of books. Windows are wooden-shuttered and door opens to outside area overlooking a picturesque pool and wooden walkway.

The restaurant & tavern is so much fun! A fireplace warmed the room while we dined on an absolutely delicious meal, with friendly, attentive waitstaff and the chef who took the time to stop at our table and ask us if we enjoyed the food. Again it was apparent that every detail is attended to, as we watched the empty tables being inspected by management, making sure candles were lit and tableware was displayed perfectly.

The food was so delicious, and reasonably priced, the drinks were wonderful and the unique room lit up in the evening with fun lighting and a great sound system. Everyone was attentive and friendly, first class! My only wish was that the disco ball was spinning!

As we told the lovely hostess when we checked out of our room, we will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My daughter chose this for her wedding ceremony and reception. I was a little nervous because of mixed reviews, but it ended up being all that she was hoping for and more. The "barn" is just perfect for a casually elegant event, and the staff could not have been more helpful and professional. A number of us stayed overnight, and while the noise level can be high, the rooms are charming and really different. It was just a delightful experience all the way around, and I really couldn't be happier (especially because my beautiful daughter and wonderful son-in-law were so thrilled.)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank linnea1027
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had our wedding in the Barn at Red Lion Inn a few weeks ago. From the moment we walked into the barn months before, we knew we wanted to have our reception there. The day of our wedding was as hot as could be but the venue, food and staff made our dream wedding come true. Helena, Beverlei and Captain Steve were all wonderful. From our first meeting to the day of our wedding you could tell that they wanted our day to be exactly what we wanted. Beverlei was amazing at getting back to me with my thousands of questions and e-mails, was so warm and personable and really made our vision come to life. Steve was so helpful at the reception, checking with me multiple times to see if I needed anything, got me whatever I needed and even helped me change my shoes later in the night. The gusts all had an amazing time and said the venue, food and all our little details made it one of the best, if not the best, weddings they had ever been to!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I got married at the Red Lion Inn on Memorial Day Weekend this year. What an incredible dream of a wedding venue and staff. Helena was "the enforcer" on our day, and she remained true to her reputation-managed the day with grace, ease, and a firm hand:) The ENTIRE staff at the restaurant and the hotel were sweet, accommodating, and so personable. We got an amazing card from one of the lovely ladies that worked at the restaurant we had hung out at when we arrived. My brother-in-law used it in his toast during our reception! Case in point-not only does the Red Lion Inn serve as a gorgeous background for a wedding, but the people that work there take pride in getting to know you and helping to make your stay the most comfortable and fun it can be. My husband and I wish we could do it all over the exact same way every year! We owe the beauty of our wedding day experience to the staff of the Red Lion Inn!!! What a perfect way to start our life together!!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: *If you would like to hit the hay early, ask for a room located further away from the bar/restaurant...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohasset
Nantasket Beach Resort
Boston Marriott Quincy
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland

Been to The Red Lion Inn Resort 1704? Share your experiences!