“Atlantica's "SALT HOUSE" adjoining deck restaurant is a treasure”
Review of Atlantica Restaurant - CLOSED

Atlantica Restaurant
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Magnificently positioned on picturesque Cohasset Harbor, Atlantica offers spectacular panoramic ocean views, intimate and elegant dining spaces, and meticulously crafted cuisine.
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Atlantica's "SALT HOUSE" adjoining deck restaurant is a treasure”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Before the Summer is gone, sit out on the deck of the Salt House, part of the Atlantica Restaurant operation, and enjoy a glass of chardonnay with the LOBSTER BLT as the sun is going down. The amount of lobster served up in this yummy sandwich that qualifies for dinner is impressive. Fresh, clean and brought alive with crispy bacon and avocado along with farm fresh tomato…ohhh, it doesn't get any better. The salads are great..the entree's while limited, wonderful and the setting cannot be beat. We hit the the deck between the lunch crowd and the dinner crowd in order to get a table right away. The servers are all kids who try their very best despite it just being a summer job…Pete, the manager is good and making the rounds from table to table and checking in. Little blips here and there but who cares…an overall great experience that we enjoy once a week just for the soul!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sherrie L

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Check for wedding groups before making reservations!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went for our wedding anniversary. View was gorgeous, dining room lovely, service great and food was creative, fresh, seasonal and yummy. Kitchen was slow this particular night but our server checked on us often. Tuna Nachos were a highlight. Biggest issue however was that they have little to no sound control for their private event space. This is hugely disruptive to the dining room. For the prices they charge I
should not have to listen to "Who let the dogs out" while having my romantic dinner. You could feel the bass and it was like we were attending the reception. Just horribly disrespectful of the management to not close the restaurant or have better sound proofing. Wedding party had trashed the bathroom and there were stashes of drink glasses all over the front entrance while the smoked in front of the building. Not in the least professionally organized.

Visited August 2014
Stratham, New Hampshire
“Absolutely shocked!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We live in NH and have been going to Atlantica Restaurant for the last 15 years. (Last year we did not go due to health problems.) We are members at the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset and have enjoyed going to Atlantica for drinks and dinner before each show. Each year, at least 1 -2 months in advance, I personally would call the restaurant and speak with the Manager and arrange our reservations, which has always consisted of 6 to 8 family members and friends. I was always received graciously and the Manager would ask how the family was and he would happily reserve our favorite table for each show and he made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.
A few months ago, after knowing we were going to the show on July 26, 2014, I called and I spoke to a new Manager, George, to reserve our favorite table for 8. After introducing myself and conversing for 10 minutes, he kindly assured me that our favorite table would be confirmed saved and not to worry.
On Wednesday, July 24th, I knew we were going to have another party joining us so I called to speak with George. A girl named Allyssa answered told me that George no longer worked there. I was surprised and I asked her to please look up our reservations and to please make it a total of 9 instead of 8. She said that our reservations was moved to another dining room and our table was not available. I immediately asked why I wasn't informed of this and proceeded to tell her how George assured me that everything was confirmed. I was very upset she agreed that someone should have called me when it was changed. I asked to speak to the Manager and she told me he was her father and he was in a meeting and she would have him call me when he was available.
After a few hours, it was 6pm 3 days before our Saturday night show, I received a call from Joe Campbell. He introduces himself as the owner of Atlantica and I very calmly and politely introduce myself and explained to him how we have been going there for many years and how surprised I was that I was not notified. Very rudely he told me that he has owned the restaurant for 14 years and they NEVER reserve tables and he has never heard of my name. I was shocked with his attitude and what he was implying. I said, "Excuse me but are you saying I am lying?" He continued to be very rude and harsh and said that he didn't even see a reservation in the computer under my name. I said he is mistaken because Allyssa just told me a few hours ago that our reserved table was moved and we were put in another dining area. He rudely interrupted me and said that he just noticed it but Allyssa put it in the system a few hours ago. I then asked, "Why are you fighting with me? Shouldn't you be apologizing for the mess up?" He angrily said, "No" ,and told me he was not going to listen to me or have anything to do with me any longer and was going to hang up. Before I could say anything, he angrily hung up.
I was absolutely shocked! I never have experienced anything like this in my life. My husband and I are retired and have travelled for many years and never has anything close to this happened. For an OWNER, to talk that way to a customer and cause such hurt and stress by indirectly calling her a liar is unacceptable. And then for him to disregard a confirmed reservations on a Saturday night for 8 people, who have ALL been going to this restaurant for close to 20 years, was clearly an unreasonable, unprofessional, and unforgivable. Can you imagine planning a wedding with this man and venue?
Thank God I called there on Wednesday. Our party of 8 would have been told there was no reservations under our name on a Saturday night with no time to get a reservations somewhere else.
I immediately went to the Trip Advisor website and called a restaurant in the area with high reviews. I was welcomed by someone who was very professional and kind and she accommodated us by reserving a round table for 9 for Saturday night.
Every word of this is EXACTLY what happened. I am not a disgruntled customer who wanted revenge. I JUST wanted to alert everyone of what to expect from Atlantica Restaurant in Cohasset Ma

Visited July 2014
7 Thank Lisa R
Massachusetts
“great location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

You can't beat the view from Atlantica. I gave it a 3 rating, but really wanted to give them a 3.5... but I don't know how to do that on Trip Advisor.
Food is good, service is good... but my favorite is to sit at the bar area for a beverage and dinner. It is especially fun during the dead of winter.

Visited July 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Food good, service not so much!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went there for early evening dinner on a Wednesday night.

Seated at a great table with excellent view. No server showed up for 15 min, then it took another 15 min to get our drinks. At an hour in, we have ordered but nothing has shown up. The person that finally delivers the appetizers has no clue as to who ordered what so that the dishes are "auctioned off" at the table - as she approaches she say "Are you the guys waiting on two spring salads and a calamari?" We are a group of 5 including my wife's 89 year old mother

Then another long delay, and when dinner finally comes, my wife's salmon has turned out to be scallops. When my wife says that is not what I ordered, in fact I am allergic to scallops" the server lamely says "Yeah, they came out as scallops".

The view and the ambiance almost make up for it, but not really.

I have been coming to the area for almost 37 years now, and weirdly this restaurant has always had a service problem - in some past iterations of the place the food has been terrible, in some, like now, the food is better, but the service has always been poor - not nasty, just incompetent. You might say it is the way things are in restaurants that seek to be upscale on the South Shore, but Oro and the Barker in Scituate have well proven in can be done right.

There is really no excuse, and the reason is just poor management.

• Visited July 2014