“Enjoyed our stay outside Boston”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Dartmouth, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay outside Boston”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights recently to tour around New England and use the waterpark attached to the Doubletree. The family room was fantastic! Two small beds (they say "toddler size" on the website but my tall 7-year old had room to spare - it's more of a short twin than a toddler size) in their own area with their own TV, dresser, night table, lighting etc, then the enclosed bathroom jutting out and separating the two areas, and in the other side of the room, a king sized (very comfortable) bed, TV, etc. The same price as a regular room with two double beds, but so much nicer! There was also a fridge in the room, and free wireless. I did find the room (1st floor) somewhat dark, especially since I kept the curtains closed so people couldn't see in from the parking lot. The hotel was very clean, but the carpets, etc, are quite worn. As with most hotels, the walls are thin and the first two nights we were there we had very noisy neighbours. As far as service goes, there is some room for improvement - we called for extra towels our second day there and waited over 2 hours for them to finally arrive. This was after my husband went down to the front desk after 90 minutes and asked to have them immediately, since the kids and I were in the hotel pool and wanted to get out and dried off. The front desk staff varied; about half were very helpful and cheerful and the rest very curt. The concierge was incredible though - he drove us to the commuter rail station to get the train to Boston, told us to call when we were heading back, and was there at the station to pick us up when we returned! Very friendly guy too, and he explained how to get tickets for the train and other things we needed to know to get around in the city. The kids very much enjoyed the waterpark and also the regular hotel pool (which was large and not crowded when we were there). The location in Danvers was very convenient to visit Salem, Portsmouth, and Boston. Danvers itself is very confusing to get around in though - GPS is a big help. We were pleased with our stay at the Doubletree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the property. I will make sure that your compliments to the concierge are passed on to his Manager. I will also share your feedback regarding the front desk agents with their Manager. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Clermont, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not the greatest hotel I've ever stayed in. The location was not the best. Did not have a complimentary breakfast. They did not make up our room until after 4:00pm. The computer center was easy to get to and to use. The people at the front check in desk were helpful and friendly when needed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciated knowing that our staff was friendly and accommodating.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was expecting a lot more from this hotel property. I booked this room through hotwire's secret hot rate, and when I checked in I was given a handicap room. I am not handicapped so I felt very awkward using that room! The handicap accessible options in the room made it uncomfortable for a non-handicapped person. I understand that there is some risk when using "secret" deals, but I would have thought this hotel would reserve those types of rooms for those who really need them considering that they are uncomfortable for non-handicapped persons. While I am sure that if I would have been given another room in this hotel my perception would have been different I am not sure I will be staying with this chain again and I cannot recommend this hotel to others. On top of the room type the TV in the room did not work. Maintenance was called and he was able to fix it. The next night I went to turn it on and it didn't work again. I am quite capable of using a TV, and I tried to fix it doing the same thing that the maintenance man did before but it didn't work. So, I just watched a movie on my iPad.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered during your stay. Your concerns with the television will be forwarded to the Chief Engineer, so this issue will not happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it is from guests like you that enable us to learn of our shortfalls and improve our guest service
Newtown, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Typical Hilton, clean rooms. Decent value. Easy to get to. Lots of other stuff attached to the hotel. Did not have a chance to use it. I would stay at this hotel again. It is about a 30 minute drive into Boston, a 15 minute drive to Salem and a 10 minute drive to Topsfield. Was here for a wedding in Topsfield and it worked out very well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We hope you return to the property in the near future and take advantage our amenities.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our stay this past weekend was an excellent experience. We are always treated extremely well, by all the staff! The purpose for our stay was a conference. Our only wish, for something different, would be easy access to food later at night as the restaurant and the Starbucks outlet are both closed by the end of our evening sessions, but that's a small challenge in relation to all other great aspects of our stay! And yummy welcome cookies!! Thanks!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Judy D
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Judy D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were ecstatic to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay. Thank you for the suggestion to extend the hours of operation of our food outlets and Starbucks. Feedback like this is extremely helpful as we strive to exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to having your group return.
Hewitt, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Friendly, Clean, Reasonable! A+ Exceptionally nice staff. Modern TV's and very large room and comfortable beds. We needed a room for a few nights at the last minute. Very accommodating and helpful! I would recommend to everyone and would go back in a minute!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John C
Dear John C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing exceptional service along with clean and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to having your stay with us again in the near future.
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Bit hard to figure out traffic patterns here. Only complaint we have is very slow housekeeping. Got back to room after 3:00 two days in a row and room not made up. Otherwise it's great. Nice restaurant with breakfast buffet or menu. Water park.

Stayed July 2014
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear hirschwrites,

Thank you for your review! We can certainly appreciate that it can be difficult to figure out local traffic patterns; I hope you weren't delayed for too long. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our Tradewinds restaurant while you were with us; however, I am sorry that our housekeeping service was too late for your liking, we can certainly adjust the time we service the room if needed, just contact the CAREline attendant any time day or night. I apologize this was not offered to you. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!