“Very nice for the area, but lots of construction”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Danvers
Huntersville, United States
“Very nice for the area, but lots of construction”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay but there are lots of renovations going on there currently. No elevator is available for the second floor, and the only first floor rooms open were near the construction. The room was very nice, but be aware that power outlets are a minimum. I had to unplug a light near the bed as the only outlets near the bed were full. I will stay again, the staff was excellent even though I had a few problems with my card accessing the executive lounge.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconveniences that were provided during construction. However, as they are now complete, we are happy to hear that you will choose to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

They billed me $450 more than the original price, the price per night was totally confirmed before arrival.But they did charge me way more than the agreed price.Therefore, i am not satisfied with their way of doing business by deceiving the traveler.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank 256majidr
We would like to address this matter offline further. Please reach out to our Director of Rooms at evan.streauding@hilton.com.
wills point, tx
Reviewed 18 August 2014

excellent service and you can enjoy a nice panorama and place to rest peacefully. The room and facilities are convenient in all sense. I recommend this hotel for any future trip to Boston area. My family and friends also found the hotel as a nice place to stay for the wedding of our niece. The attention and brunch was super.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and enjoy all that our facility is able to offer. We hope that you will stay with us again when travel brings you back to the Boston area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My friend was getting married at the Crane Estate and I found this hotel and decided to try it out since I am a Hilton Honors Member. Hilton has a great e-check in feature and I took advantage of it before I arrived. I selected a room on the 6th floor that was away from the elevator which was confirmed when I arrived.

The lobby was very nice and Adam assisted me during check in. I wasn't given any information about the hotel but I was only here to get ready for the wedding and sleep so it wasn't a big deal to me. When I got to the guest room I saw a notice outside the door that it was a hearing accessible room. This was not stated when selecting my guest room through the e-check in and I would not have chosen it; what if someone actually needed that room? (I'm a manager for a Hilton and set up the e-check in for my property. Accessible guest rooms are not supposed to be lumped in with standard rooms so this really aggravated me.)

Not sure if it's because I had an accessible guest room but the vanity in the bathroom was quite low. I'm only 5'3 and the counter only came up to about my mid thigh. There were 2 noticeable stains on the carpet, wallpaper was peeling near the AC and the face plate for one of the outlets in the bathroom was so loose I was worried I would rip it right off anytime I unplugged anything. Half of the window in the room also had this odd foggy/white hue to it that I didn't see in any of the other rooms I looked at from the outside of the building.

There was also no emergency evacuation plan in the room which I would think, for an accessible guest room, would be incredibly important. When I woke up in the morning there was a letter slipped under the door saying there was a small fire on the 4th floor but it was handled quickly. There was no time listed on the letter so my first thought was "was I in the building when this happened?" "Did the fire alarm not go off?". That was worrisome.

Honestly it wasn't worth the $177 + tax that I paid. When I checked out the agent asked how my stay was and I said "oh it was just alright" her response was "great! you're all set". Really? My response should have tipped her off that something wasn't right. I would have asked for a manager but I had to return to Connecticut and go back to work that day. Considering I was only here for a wedding, I don't anticipate ever going back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kristin S
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our team as we appreciate the feedback in which we can improve upon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Overall I found the hotel a very nice place to stay. We were there for a wedding, so many friends and family checked in as well. We were there for 5 nights and days, so we used the lounge, restaurants and I used the hair salon to get my hair done for the wedding. The staff was exceptional on virtually every level. So I will name folks who I came into contact with who were professional, courteous, and friendly and helped me feel welcome and at home. Alyssa the hostess, Marcie and Michael the bartenders, Julissa the housekeeper, Karen and Tracy at the front desk, Amshula and Janis who waitressed, Avery at Starbucks, Richard the Bellman, and Alexandria ... and noteably ... Kuldip Kaur at the Spa and Hair Salon who did an amazing job on my hair with hair powder and spray to make sure my style was exactly the way I wanted it for my son's wedding — a little bit wild and crazy. THANK YOU! We got a group rate for the wedding so the value was good for our room.

Room Tip: Hard to say we were on the 6th floor. The younger wedding party folks maybe on the 5th floor and bri...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DTBOS_Mgr, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are thrilled to hear that you had a very nice experience and that our team was there to support you on your son's special day! We hope you will stay with us again in your future travels!
Temple, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had to get a manager involved to get our room cleaned and serviced (twice) and they finally managed to get it done after 5:00 on our fourth and final night. The beds are not comfortable and are terribly squeaky when you move at night and loud guest behavior should be anticipated (three of the four nights we had different guests in the room next door who were loud and bounding up and down the hall. Sadly - the housekeeping issues kept me in touch with the front desk and management enough that I did not even bother to report the noise. Icing on the cake - how would you like to be woke at midnight by a staff member wanting to clean your room because someone told him that we had checked out?????

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Alice S
We are so sorry to hear about this experience. That is not the level of service we would like our guests to receive while staying with us.
Please contact our Care Line as we would like to make this right.
North Attleboro, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked a room at the hotel months in advance for my sister's wedding. A few weeks before the big day I get my check in information--check in starts at 4pm! So I called to inquire about early check in seeing as he wedding started at 2pm--not possible call sooner to event. So I called a week before, still not possible. So I called the morning of the wedding and was instructed to call back at 1:30 or 2pm to inquire. Not helpful, despite further explanation there was nothing that they could do to help. Ok ok so I send my fiance after the church wedding to check in before the reception. It is now 4pm and we are told there isn't a room ready! Long story short he had to wait for a room, missed the shuttle and was late to the reception. Every time we called to inquire about early check in we were told a sob story about how they had so many events booked and they just couldn't accommodate us. Following the wedding I called to complain--turns out they weren't even sold out that weekend! GROWL

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

This is not the type of experience we would like our guests to have while staying with us. There can be times when we are unable to meet every request, but the communication with the guest is extremely important.
We apologize for the inconveniences.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danvers
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#3 of 9 in Danvers
TownePlace Suites Boston North Shore/Danvers
Residence Inn Boston North Shore/Danvers
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore? Share your experiences!