Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers
US$161
Travelocity
US$189
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place has definitely improved since I was last here in 2009. The rooms have been painted and the shower\bathtub was somewhat new. They got rid of the nasty, stained chairs and replaced them with wooden chairs. Not too comfortable, but at least you know you are not sitting in someone's juices. The parking lot has been recently sealed and the front is nicely landscaped.

The bed was pretty comfortable. I would have like another pillow or two, but slept very well our two nights there. The sheets were thin, but definitely clean. It would be nice if the mattress pad covered the whole bed. Not a show stopper.

The TV was a joke. That would be my only real complaint. A decent flat screen would improve the experience a great deal. Maybe when we return at the end of November...

This is a high volume, budget hotel. There are definite signs of wear and tear, but they do seem to be trying to up their standards. I have to give them credit for that. They are doing a nice job so far. I hope they keep at it.

The staff was phenomenal. They were very friendly to us and our doggies. They held doors open and always greeted us and the dogs when we passed through.

I give them three stars only because I just can't quite go to four. The place has a lot of promise and we are definitely returning soon. Already have reservations, in fact. It's a good deal, in a great location, and pet friendly to boot!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Awful smell..
Staff and house keeping are very nice. There are two New managers and one is very rude.
I witnessed one of the managers rudeness and If I could report her I would. Just don't know her whole name.
This is also where homeless drug addicts stay until they get placed.
And if I'm not mistaken she was being rude to one of them.
Anyone that goes back or stays here PLEASE call out on her
She is of white ethnicity, big and blonde

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Runawaylove
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Runawaylove,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The odor conditions and poor guest service you wtinessed are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Why do people write such bad reviews they seem more like stories? - Staff were good as was whole experience. Mixed bag of guests though, most friendly but some loud or troublesome...."urban" or akin. I felt safe however. 'cheap' rate considering area. Four days' stay, stayed because I needed a hotel in the -<70.00 range. No trouble w/ WiFi connectivity.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sambiegirl
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Sorry I didn’t read the reviews before I booked our stay. Got to the motel and there were no luggage carriers to help unload all the bags for a three night stay. The staff said that someone probably took it to their room and kept it there. Going to the elevator we were met with a woman and her child taking forever unloading groceries, clothing stuffed into boxes, small appliances, toys and other assorted unidentified “stuff.” Looks like she and her child were living there for quite a while and were moving out. The kid was holding open the door and as each piece was unloaded slowly; we couldn’t get our luggage upstairs as it also appears that the other elevator was stuck on a different floor.

After finally getting into the room I found it curious that there was an upside down ash tray on the night stand with a graphic of a no smoking logo. Why supply a non-smoking room with an ash tray? In the daylight we noticed that the bed spreads were covered with holes formed by cigarette burns. The blankets under the bedspreads were also holy but not in the religious sense. The sheets also appeared to be stained.

When we checked in we asked for extra pillows. The people at the front desk were very accommodating and handed over two pillows. While handing them over, they apologized because this large facility, part of a national chain didn’t have any pillow cases to give us.

The refrigerator in the room which we paid extra for apparently had only one temperature available. That temperature was frozen. In the morning I found all the food like ice cubes. I also found my diabetes medication frozen despite the warning not to freeze and to discard if frozen. I had to throw out a lot of money by discarding my back-up medication.

When we tried to adjust the temperature we came back to a puddle around the fridge because there was no adjusting the temperature. It only had two temperatures – frozen or off.

Many other problems plagued our stay including the toilet backing up, not enough towels, the so-called free morning coffee in tiny cups with lids which didn’t fit and powdered faux creamer. The staff was friendly enough but when asked questions about the area, no one seemed to live locally and they were of no help.

Speaking of the staff, when we brought up how disturbing it was to find cigarette burned linens they said that it will be addressed and taken care of because they valued us informing them about the sad condition the linens were in. After reading some of the reviews about this location on TripAdvisor, it appears that the holy linens are just part of the décor and nothing is done about replacing them. They shamelessly lied to us. When we wrote to Motel 6 about our problems, we got form letter responses letting us know they appreciate our letting them know about the issues we encountered and that no amenities were available in the rooms except for a tiny bar of soap enabled them to keep their prices low. Probably ignoring the disgusting condition of the linens, not fixing the toilets (which others here also complained about), poor service and not having pillow cases available and expecting customers sleep on bare pillows.

If you are thinking about staying at this location and don’t care about the condition of the room or what’s in it and don’t mind sharing the hallway with homeless people, book a room there. I didn’t feel very secure knowing some of the shady characters I saw hanging around might decide to visit the room when we were out.

For peace of mind, toilets which probably work, linens that don’t look like Swiss cheese and pillows with pillow cases, find another location and pay a couple of bucks more.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mitchell K
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Mitchell K - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the maintenance and bedding conditions you experienced. Additionally, we apologize for the refrigerator malfunction and the inconvenience this caused you. Thank you for contacting our guest relations department to report these issues so they can be addressed to provide you with better service in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

i will not recommend this motel to anyone as in my stay it smelled like like mildew and they ran out of toilet paper and could not privide with more the towels are thin the rugs where dirty and my son in law just got checked at dr's for bites on aug 8 2013 and dr says looks like bed bug bites i was there aug 3rd 2013 to aug 4 2013 i havent been in any other place except motel 6 i am not a happy person also there was bugs in the indoor pool alive we was told it was potatoe bug what the hell is that?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela D
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Boston North - Danvers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Pamela D - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay and for the odor and service issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Moreover, we take bed bug reports very seriously; please contact our guest relations department at your earliest convenience so they can address this problem immediately and also have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.